Anas Sarwar

DeeTillEhDeh

Fair play to Leonard but Sarwar still getting 40-odd percent is truly hilarious.

Fwiw I don't see this as making much difference in future. To properly outflank the SNP to the left he'll have to go pretty far which will probably alienate the older hardcore unionists who like it or not make up Scottish Labour's core vote.

Prediction - he'll take them back to second, doing better at Westminster than Holyrood, without ever really threatening to win.

They were already to the left of the SNP.

Fair play to Leonard but Sarwar still getting 40-odd percent is truly hilarious.

Fwiw I don't see this as making much difference in future. To properly outflank the SNP to the left he'll have to go pretty far which will probably alienate the older hardcore unionists who like it or not make up Scottish Labour's core vote.

Prediction - he'll take them back to second, doing better at Westminster than Holyrood, without ever really threatening to win.

Establishing a coherent left wing ideology in the party, pushed by an increasingly younger membership led by CfS, and clearing out the blockages (Blairite slugs) that stopped any Corbyn momentum translating north will allow Labour to actually act as a sensible opposition and have the SNP harassed from the left. I haven't followed Leonard's speech today yet but nearly all the literature I got and the discussions in the CLP meetings didn't make an issue of another referendum anywhere near the same extent that Sarwar's lot did.

40 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I'm hoping Leonard's non Scottishness might drag a few Nat racists out into the open."But he's no even Scoattish he can fukc off back to England" type stuff.

Ha, ha. You've just restructured the race card statement you had ready to play if Sarwar had won you try-hard troll.