We need to talk about Doncaster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40735324

I don't know what this guy's trying to achieve but this is going to cause a shit storm.

After all the saga of the tax case, title stripping etc..... I feel that this guy should be pumped out of our game.

An invite to hear supporter's groups views is going to be fun. I wonder what fans he starts with first?

Whilst I personally didn't agree with the initial dealing of the issue a few years back rather than the statement this week, I feel that he should have left it. It's as if he's opened another can of worms.

So, what would you like to say to him?

Thoughts please.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spfl is the clubs, Neil is just a figurehead. It's the club representatives on the board who make the decisions.

If people are unhappy about rules being followed and sevco not being punished twice, then i suggest you contact your clubs...

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

The spfl is the clubs, Neil is just a figurehead. It's the club representatives on the board who make the decisions.

If people are unhappy about rules being followed and sevco not being punished twice, then i suggest you contact your clubs...

:lol: What a fucking idiot. I'm sure all the clubs representatives unanimously voted to help the cheating club that is Rangers to evade any punishments that would have striped Rangers of titles. And they all also agreed to help rewrite the rules that helped Rangers avoid any real title striping. :1eye

6 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

:lol: What a fucking idiot. I'm sure all the clubs representatives unanimously voted to help the cheating club that is Rangers to evade any punishments that would have striped Rangers of titles. And they all also agreed to help rewrite the rules that helped Rangers avoid any real title striping. :1eye

Do you think that Celtic could have been involved in this skullduggery?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Do you think that Celtic could have been involved in this skullduggery?

The board of directors at the SPFL & SFA are the fannies that make the rules that the clubs have to abide by. The clubs have no part in creating any rules, if they had then Rangers would have been fucked over by a bullet train.

6 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

The board of directors at the SPFL & SFA are the fannies that make the rules that the clubs have to abide by. The clubs have no part in creating any rules, if they had then Rangers would have been fucked over by a bullet train.

Peter lawwell and Eric Riley were on both boards throughout that period, do you think that they conspired with other clubs to help Rangers?

I'd prefer we had a more credible figurehead, like the Earl of Doncaster.

Or a cardboard cut-out of Thor from the Donny Rovers badge, with a speech bubble saying, "Scottish football needs a strong Rangers". Should do for most press conferences.

Extraordinary statement from Ralph Topping

"In any sphere, whether it be in business or in a country like South Africa which went through far more trauma than we would see in Scottish life, there's a process, where you've got to go through self-examination, you've got to look at what you've done and put that under scrutiny with tough questions asked, with independent people reviewing what can be improved, what might have been done, what should have been done, where fault lay in an unthreatening environment,"

The SPFL Chairman feels threatened and is seeking a South African Truth and Reconciliation Commission style route to redemption.

They seem to be under pressure here.

a) The failure to publish the Five Way Agreement of 2012 in which he signed up for on behalf of the SPL

b) When the SPL set up the Nimmo Smith enquiry it was to review contracts from July 1998. Why when the report came back did it start from November 2000 neatly avoiding the Discount Option Schemes that the club had admitted guilt for involving Tore Andre Flo and Ronald de Boer.

c) At the time of the Nimmo Smith enquiry the club had admitted their guilt in five ‘EBT’ cases including Nacho Novo and Dado Prso. Nimmo Smith’s entire report was based on EBTs being legal and available to other clubs. That was clearly not the case.

10 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Extraordinary statement from Ralph Topping

"In any sphere, whether it be in business or in a country like South Africa which went through far more trauma than we would see in Scottish life, there's a process, where you've got to go through self-examination, you've got to look at what you've done and put that under scrutiny with tough questions asked, with independent people reviewing what can be improved, what might have been done, what should have been done, where fault lay in an unthreatening environment,"

That smacks a wee bit of, "grow up, FFS, some people in the world have real problems".

Doncaster is failing to grasp the essential point:  The moon-howlers aren't seeking justice, they simply want punishment.

He's pandering to the agenda-driven, pitch-fork wielding 'burn the witch' cretinous MOPES and their diddy arse-wipes.  

2014 the SPFL chief executive was happy to fine Livingston and dock points for non-payment of taxes.

After the verdict Doncaster told the Daily Record: “The tax default and reporting rules are an integral part of maintaining a fair league competition.”

Yesterday, after the whitewash over a decade of fielding ineligible players and withholding tax Doncaster had a change of heart.

He told The Sun: “Arguably, the non-payment of millions of pounds of taxes could be construed as bringing the game into disrepute and that is an area reserved for the SFA. clearly double standards?

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

a) The failure to publish the Five Way Agreement of 2012 in which he signed up for on behalf of the SPL

b) When the SPL set up the Nimmo Smith enquiry it was to review contracts from July 1998. Why when the report came back did it start from November 2000 neatly avoiding the Discount Option Schemes that the club had admitted guilt for involving Tore Andre Flo and Ronald de Boer.

c) At the time of the Nimmo Smith enquiry the club had admitted their guilt in five ‘EBT’ cases including Nacho Novo and Dado Prso. Nimmo Smith’s entire report was based on EBTs being legal and available to other clubs. That was clearly not the case.

EBTs were clearly available to Celtic since they paid Juninho with one.

EBTs have been ruled legal. https://waitingfortax.com/2017/07/27/a-short-note-on-tax-law-for-rangers-and-celtic-fans/

---

On the topic of Neil Doncaster I don't see why he continues to have to a job. I don't want to say he has been an outright failure but it is time to move on and bring in someone with new ideas. The SPFL has been treading water since the merger and have failed to establish a brand or narrative for the leagues. Highlights and exposure seem to have went backwards, e.g. no rights sold in the US for the upcoming season. He certainly isn't pushing the league forward so time for him to be emptied.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Doncaster is failing to grasp the essential point:  The moon-howlers aren't seeking justice, they simply want punishment.

He's pandering to the agenda-driven, pitch-fork wielding 'burn the witch' cretinous MOPES and their diddy arse-wipes.  

Punishment is justice you utter fucking twat. I know this is a difficult concept when you have the Cockwombles fist right up your arse operating your mouth since 2012.

Knowing something is going to happen and then preparing for it in advance isn't justice either is it?

If you know what troubles Rangers are facing in the immediate future that will ultimately bring down the whole of Scottish football in disrepute. Then facing sanctions from UEFA & FIFA because Campbell fucking Ogilvie was taking EBT payments as well and knew what Rangers were actually doing and he was head of the SFA when all of this went down.

How do you prepare for the worst? If you could circumvent it all with a few rule changes hiding Rangers cheating so the good of the game apparently, would you do it even though you know you face the wrath of the plastics & diddies? Would you still do it because you know it would keep the SFA & SPL  from facing UEFA & FIFA for institutional corruption?

This isn't just about Rangers titles you moonhowling twat. It's about keeping our associations from facing and being completely fucked over by bigger associations. Rangers have infected not only their club with institutional cheating, but have shat it on the SFA by having an EBT recipient as head of the SFA.

So keep yer titles from the dead Rangers, we all know they are bought from Rangers in liquidation & tainted sunshine.

Archived