The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we were absolutely superb, particularly in the first half. Should have been out of sight really but obviously not the Dundee way. Thought we looked like we wanted it more right from the start and didn't let them have a sniff until the goal completely against the run of play. Some real stand out performers and Haver has done his chances no harm at all, thought he was excellent throughout. As shite as united were I was still bricking it towards the end. Thoroughly deserved win and brilliant atmosphere in the Derry. Back to Aberdeen happy as a pig in shit. One team in Dundee. 

No complaints about the result. Never turned up until we were behind. Some decent stuff played in the 2nd half but too many poor decisions going forward, and it was absolutely scandalous to concede an identical goal to the last derby.

What a fucking save by Lewis from Haber btw. 

McDonald won 3 or 4 free kicks doing exactly this? Luckily for you our delivery was honking.

It's usually consistent. 3 or 4 free kicks is nothing considering it's every high ball he does it for - and United were clearing their lines to him quite a bit. And it's only Holt I remember him doing it against and succeeding.

ETA: That save from Lewis was sensational in the flesh. Could argue that there wasn't a lot of pace on the header, but considering the point blank range of the header, it was a worldy save. As soon as he saved that, I had flashbacks to Murray vs Bain and us running up and scoring.

No complaints about the result. Never turned up until we were behind. Some decent stuff played in the 2nd half but too many poor decisions going forward, and it was absolutely scandalous to concede an identical goal to the last derby.
McDonald won 3 or 4 free kicks doing exactly this? Luckily for you our delivery was honking.

Yeah, we were so lucky
df1cd010e1384f8a5fe484d212d57ade.gif

Deserved victory for Dundee today. By far and away the better team.

Still think McMullan is a very good signing for united but the rest of the team was poor.

Thought the ref had a very poor game, got a lot wrong and didn't seem to speak to the united defenders about the constant holding and shirt pulling.

Haber put in an absolutely brilliant shift. I'm not his biggest fan because, similar to McCann, I think he's pretty lazy and doesn't put in enough of a shift. However, he was brilliant tonight. 'The edge' had to resort to just fouling him to get near him.

El Bak, aside from the sitter, also had the best game I've seen him have for united.

Kamara strolled the majority of the game, McGowan had a few horrific moments giving the ball away but took his goal very well and the celebration was wild. Deacon and Allan were both a constant threat and done well. Good to see a bit of fight from Deacon as well as skills.

Kerr had a good second half, though Hendry looked good. Hopefully with more games Waddell will get better positioning wise, he still gets dragged out of position too easily chasing the ball but is brilliant in the air.

Overall a well deserved win. If only the players could get themselves up for Hamilton away on Saturday like they did tonight we'd be top 6.

Just in from hospo. The DABS in there were, like their counterparts here, a bit subdued.
I think special mention to the 2 young lads at centre half, fucking immense.
Scott MacDonald looks a complete waste of 4K a week, as they say, feenished.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Right. Fucking yasssssss.

Jack Hendry and Kerr Waddell. What a performance. I was afraid McDonald would take the piss with them. His classic move of backing in to either control the ball or win a foul didn't work for a second. I've seen much more experienced players fall foul to that. They brushed him out the way and cleared their lines.

Paul McGowan. What a celebration. Adebayor-esque. Loves the Dee. Came with some baggage but utter fucking madness than St Mirren released him.

Haber. What a performance. All I hear from my dab mates is that Edge is a tank, dodgy, but a beast in the air. Don't think Edge won a header all night. Can't believe there is Dee's that doubt Haber. He's a limited player but he's the best in the league at holding the ball up and beating defenders in the air.

The rest of the team played very well too. If only we played in that gear against County.

Celtic in the next round means it's highly likely we will get pumped - but so what? We'd have to face them at some point.

Also, Cammy Kerr loves the Dee. Thank you.

Cammy Kerr is a surprisingly decent player actually. You can see how much it means to him to play for his team. McGowan's a tink though, full body minter celebration, if he 'loved the Dee' as you say you'd think he'd want to celebrate with his own fans. Wee man syndrome.

Eh, no he didn't. He was completely anonymous.

Cammy Kerr is a surprisingly decent player actually. You can see how much it means to him to play for his team. McGowan's a tink though, full body minter celebration, if he 'loved the Dee' as you say you'd think he'd want to celebrate with his own fans. Wee man syndrome.

Get it right up you. He's our friend.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Eh, no he didn't. He was completely anonymous.

Yes he did. The commentators picked up on the fact that the young CBs kept getting sucked in and fouling him. I didn't say he had a good game.

Cammy Kerr has some rash games but he's one of the most grounded Dee's I've seen. He's the type that'd reject a big money move if it shafted the club. Loyal as they come which is extremely rare these days. I used to see him as the next Barry Smith, with the potential to be our record appearance holder but at the rate he's improving I can see him eventually moving on to bigger things. He's proof that hard work earns you things in life, as throughout his whole career he's been overshadowed by Wighton as he's been seen as the 'boy wonder' and now he's captaining the Dee in a Derby.

Paul McGowan did, after he done the Adebayor, he went to the Derry.

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Just in from hospo. The DABS in there were, like their counterparts here, a bit subdued.
I think special mention to the 2 young lads at centre half, fucking immense.
Scott MacDonald looks a complete waste of 4K a week, as they say, feenished.

Hahaha, holy shit they're surely not spunking that much on him are they? :blink::lol::thumsup2

Archived