The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

Dundee fully deserved their win tonight. Better players who managed to be quicker and more purposeful with the ball. Their energy was very impressive and the first 45 in particular was how I would want us to play with a high press and fast forward play.

Can't really complain as such with our performance, we huffed and puffed but lack that bit of quality. The team out on the park tonight will see us through the Championship season and hopefully deliver a league title but we are a level below Dundee in terms of personnel. 

I thought the atmosphere was cracking and I really do hope the Dundee derby is back to a regular fixture next season (if you want to come down and join us feel free).

Stanton continues to impress me and I thought Durnan was the best of the back four (although to give Robson a bit of credit he did well when he came on). I really rate Lewis as a keeper and he pulled off a brilliant save in the second half from Haber, (I think it was him, he was very good tonight and totally dominated Edge in the air). 

Lets all move on and go back to our respective leagues.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed but can't complain, Dundee were the better team.  Certainly an entertaining game; typical derby.

Some positives to take from the game and some weaknesses exposed.  Hopefully we can address these.

Well beaten. McKinnon set the team up wrong and we never really recovered. Dundee were direct and we struggled to deal with Haber all night. Two up front, wish we'd fucking do that. King should have scored in the second half but can't complain, better team won.

Just now, dd23 said:

Haber excellent, we shouldn't be pushing him out the door. He , Moussa and Bahk offer a lot of different options.

McCann after the game said he's not scared to admit that he's had his run ins with Haber because he gets frustrated with him not putting in a shift and that he's glad he's shoved his words down his throat. Superb mind games from McCann IMO.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Disappointed but can't complain, Dundee were the better team.  Certainly an entertaining game; typical derby.

Some positives to take from the game and some weaknesses exposed.  Hopefully we can address these.

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Well beaten. McKinnon set the team up wrong and we never really recovered. Dundee were direct and we struggled to deal with Haber all night. Two up front, wish we'd fucking do that. King should have scored in the second half but can't complain, better team won.

Being gracious losers is no fun you pair of dicks - be raging.

The Edge never won a header against Haber the whole night. I wonder if the game and result hadve been different if Moussa had been fit and started instead. Dundee quicker to the second ball and two top strikes. Looking forward to work tomorrow, should be enjoyable...

We looked to be at about 85%, whereas Dundee were at about 120%. First half could have been carnage , but our goal shows that with the right set up we can pull goals out of nothing . Great second half , pleased we fought to the end no capitulation, despite another fine goal from the Dee. Disappointed but what a great game and again advert for the best derby in Scotland.

Enjoy it , ya Derry wanks.

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

McCann after the game said he's not scared to admit that he's had his run ins with Haber because he gets frustrated with him not putting in a shift and that he's glad he's shoved his words down his throat. Superb mind games from McCann IMO.

Yeah totally impressed with that - a fair bit of humility too coz I couldn't imagine Hartley ever admitting he was wrong like that.

Also quite liking the extra media spin we got too - proper box office with Lord McCann of Dens getting his own mike in the pundits bit while Rays kept in the dungeon, with Willo and the other dab nose howking dabs

The Edge never won a header against Haber the whole night. I wonder if the game and result hadve been different if Moussa had been fit and started instead. Dundee quicker to the second ball and two top strikes. Looking forward to work tomorrow, should be enjoyable...

I wonder

That is probably the poorest I've seen United play against us - even in the relegation season.  They look like a Championship team - lots of huff and puff but missing any real quality.  We were a class above them all night. 

If Kerr Waddell can cut out the impetuousness in his game then he and Hendry could make a cracking partnership.  Kamara just strolled through this game - he's a level above us imho.  Same with Kerr - would like to see him getting involved in the Scotland setup in some way - we are going to struggle to hold on to him - get him on a long term contract now so if he does go we get a decent wedge for him.  Holt was probably the weakest of the back 5 but was unlkucky not to get what looked like a blatant penalty.

In the middle Allan needs to get fitter but clearly is our go to player and Gowser - what can you see - he bleeds dark Blue - just one daft wee error but a cracking finish.  Deacon had a great game - less so in the taking on of players but by being a constant pain in the arse to their defence.

FEB - thought "Oh f**k" after his horrendous miss but what a strike to make up for it - again he was tireless with his chasing and harrying.

Haber - absolutely deserved his MoM - looked sharp and fiiter than last season - holding the ball up well but also - for a rare time - taking on men as well.

Ach, oh well. When the other team scores two screamers like that you don't really have a hope do you?

Apart from that, thought Robson had a good game pissing off Deacon, Stanton was good again, toshney needs to be abandoned somewhere near... Forfar? Nah Stonehaven.

The worst performer for me at least was McKinnon, some of the tactical decisions were just straight up confusing. Especially starting McDonald and Fyvie, two players who were clearly off the pace.

Archived