The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

20 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Dundee did a fucking lap of honour after being pumped 3-0 in a cup final. By their rivals. At their own ground. Scarves were thrown from the Derry in tribute. It was lovely, a bit like the end of Cool Runnings.

Been watching youtube again?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Dundee did a fucking lap of honour after being pumped 3-0 in a cup final. By their rivals. At their own ground. Scarves were thrown from the Derry in tribute. It was lovely, a bit like the end of Cool Runnings.

I was there, freezing in the TCK end (in the days before Canada Goose!) and I stayed right to the end.    

Like most Dundee fans that day I knew how bad the Dundee team were and that it was a near certainty that I'd end up seeing United win the cup at Dens.  Thing is, I still turned up to support my team.   United fans on the other hand knew it was a near certainty that they would see their team relegated at the Doon Derby and most only thought about themselves rather than trying to help their team.  That's the real difference between the two matches.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I was there, freezing in the TCK end (in the days before Canada Goose!) and I stayed right to the end.    

Like most Dundee fans that day I knew how bad the Dundee team were and that it was a near certainty that I'd end up seeing United win the cup at Dens.  Thing is, I still turned up to support my team.   United fans on the other hand knew it was a near certainty that they would see their team relegated at the Doon Derby and most only thought about themselves rather than trying to help their team.  That's the real difference between the two matches.

giphy.gif

An inspiration to us all.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Good for you.

I'll actually miss it when the games over and we all go back to telling each other not to post on each others board. [emoji20]

I'll still pop in to say hello when you lose.

And once a week to remind you that you're going into admin on Friday.

54 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Only tickets my old man could get were in the provy road that night...5 of us....we didn't stay until the end!

Losing a cup final hurts but with what I knew about your financial predicament, I thought we'd killed you that night. Might still be the fatal blow of course, any dip in performance, straying from top spot, crowds dropping, losing in the cup etc, and its tick tock, tick tock. [emoji4]

Look at your signings - I see little or no cutbacks in the budget. It's baws oot time.

A United win in the 90 is my prediction for tomorrow. Absolutely no idea why the bookies have that lot as the favourites but I'll be taking advantage of their generosity and filling my pockets for the weekend. If I had to pick a score 2/3 nil Utd :thumsup2

Go for 3, better odds, get your house on it and send us a picture of your betting slip, it's like free money.

Look at your signings - I see little or no cutbacks in the budget. It's baws oot time.

There is last season numerous players would of been on good money from Jackie signings compared to this season.
Bar Keatings, Fyvie and McDonald no-one in our squad will be on similar money compared to Bell, Andreu, VDV, VDS, Dixon, Spittal etc

Archived