The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

The police would have f**k all chance against him

Haha yeah that was how I thought it was going to go tbh - I thought he'd have seen someone give him shit and been over the barrier, then a steward or the cops try and grab him and a mass rammy follows where McGowan and the Dee faithful fight their way on to Sandeman st and off to the pub!

My Preferred Starting XI:

Mehmet (wasn't impressed by Lewis on Sunday)

Toshney Durnan Edge Scobbie

Briels Stanton

McMullan Fraser King

Matty Smith

If O'Dea is injured for them, then I think they'll seriously struggle to handle with the pace of McMullan and King, obviously our lack of aerial threat will be our biggest attacking issue - although hopefully Scott McDonald could do something in the last 25 minutes or so if we need him to do so.

Moussa looks like a player by all accounts - not seen any footage of him but he is the tournaments top goalscorer so will be a threat. It will also be the first major test for Toshney (and Briels less so) to see if they can actually hack it at Tannadice. 

Anyway, there's no way this will be a 0-0 draw. I'm saying a 6-2 United win 2-2 draw with a United win on penalties. (Which would make us the 4th best Group winner - which would make us seeded for the draw.)

Gowser would go fucking mental. On young Finlay's video of the 2-2 game, after the late goal all the players run straight to Mcpake but he goes right into the shed first :lol:
Absolutely love the guy, he's proper derried out his nut

Paul McGinn ended up next to me

8 minutes ago, MoussaMagic62 said:

First post, Kamara to boss it and send Willo Flood back to hosting goldenballs, Allan to kiss the badge after a 3-0 win thanks to a big Moussa hat trick. 

Thank you

Good shout man, I'm fairly new to posting myself but that'd do me nicely, altho Louis got me wanting a Gowser goal too, then I'd definitely need Cammy to score and Allan + Roarie and Randy too so I'm about at 8-0 just now

Thank you

Briels Stanton

McMullan Fraser King

Matty Smith

If O'Dea is injured for them, then I think they'll seriously struggle to handle with the pace of McMullan and King, obviously our lack of aerial threat will be our biggest attacking issue - although hopefully Scott McDonald could do something in the last 25 minutes or so if we need him to do so.

Moussa looks like a player by all accounts - not seen any footage of him but he is the tournaments top goalscorer so will be a threat. It will also be the first major test for Toshney (and Briels less so) to see if they can actually hack it at Tannadice. 

Anyway, there's no way this will be a 0-0 draw. I'm saying a 6-2 United win 2-2 draw with a United win on penalties. (Which would make us the 4th best Group winner - which would make us seeded for the draw.)

Toshney[emoji1]
Scobbie[emoji1]
Marty Smith[emoji1]
Durnan[emoji1]

Not read the whole thread so apologies if it's already been mentioned.
Bet365 are letting you do a double of dundee to win in 90 minutes and dundee to win their group. Roughly 4/1.
If dundee win in 90 minutes then they can't not win the group. Essentially you are getting 4/1 for dundee to win.
Think it's fairly similar odds if anyone backs United for the same double.

1 hour ago, Marr1 said:

Briels Stanton

McMullan Fraser King

Matty Smith

O'Dea's not got pace really anyway so he'll be fine if he uses his head - we've got young Waddell, Kerr and Holt to handle anyone with pace and O'Dea to make them tick.

Where's Gollum in that lineup btw since its apparently being brought out into the daylight again 2moro?

Thank you

8 minutes ago, locheedee said:

O'Dea's not got pace really anyway so he'll be fine if he uses his head - we've got young Waddell, Kerr and Holt to handle anyone with pace and O'Dea to make them tick.

Where's Flood in that lineup btw since its apparently being brought out into the daylight again 2moro?

Thank you

He played for the Development XI against Tain St Duthus on Thursday (or Friday) and apparently took a knock - he was pictured with an ice pack on his thigh.

7 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

He played for the Development XI against Tain St Duthus on Thursday (or Friday) and apparently took a knock - he was pictured with an ice pack on his thigh.

Awwh, I was looking forward to seeing him get bossed by Kamara too, never really understood why he was going to be a secret weapon against us anyway!

8 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

The Dees on here consist of about 95% wannabe keyboard gangsters.

All mouth and supposed telts. 

But like most wee fannies they are just full of bravado when there's a squad of them. 

Looking forward to tomorrow. If you United lose it will be annoying but it will be made up for by the giggle I'll get reading all the Dees having an aneurysm trying to out patter each a other.

It will be like school bairns having a slagging match where the only out come will be purile insults and shite banter.

See youse the morn lads :wub:

Anybody else see what I'm seeing?

7 hours ago, MoussaMagic62 said:

First post, Kamara to boss it and send Willo Flood back to hosting goldenballs, Allan to kiss the badge after a 3-0 win thanks to a big Moussa hat trick. 

Thank you

I can personally guarantee that if Allan scores he will run to the Derry pointing to his arm. 

The Dees on here consist of about 95% wannabe keyboard gangsters.
All mouth and supposed telts. 
But like most wee fannies they are just full of bravado when there's a squad of them. 
Looking forward to tomorrow. If you United lose it will be annoying but it will be made up for by the giggle I'll get reading all the Dees having an aneurysm trying to out patter each a other.
It will be like school bairns having a slagging match where the only out come will be purile insults and shite banter.

See youse the morn lads :wub:

Trying to convince yourself a defeat will be a minor annoyance.

Load o pish your arse is well twitching.

There's nothing quite like derby day. I can only hope the footballing gods continue to show favour to the dark blue side of Dundee and the dayglo humiliation continues in a time come to known for them as 'The Great Minter.'

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Briels Stanton

McMullan Fraser King

Matty Smith

I've not been impressed with Mehmet when I've seen him.  I also think that Toshney's had an easy time at RB given the opposition so far but we have no other option.  Otherwise I'd agree with this line up, in fact given our injuries it's pretty much all we can do.  The three behind Smith and possibly Stanton will be key.  I hope Fraser puts in some effort.

Archived