The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

Thought that relegating United and being in the league above after all those years in the shadows would make the Dees the "big team" in this rivalry. Unfortunate to see the inferiority complex is still as vast as ever. Sad!

I find it very unique that EEP is built next to a cemetery.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Oh dear. Think I may have struck a nerve.

If it makes you feel better, I'm trying to help you move on. You've left United in your shadow, it's time to stop obsessing over them and blaze your own trail, man.

Fans in mentioning their derby rivals in a derby thread shock.

You're having an absolute mare here. 

If it makes you feel better, I'm trying to help you move on. You've left United in your shadow, it's time to stop obsessing over them and blaze your own trail, man.

Bollocks to moving on,while they are down we have to put the boot in at every opportunity.

I'd much rather this game be played further into the season. Think both sides have been guilty of playing some poor football so far during the early stages of this cup but both teams have also scored a few goals. Sounds like I am getting my excuses in early but the game on Sunday won't really be a measuring stick as to how the season might pan out. A few injuries on either side with some players still lacking in match fitness. I can't see us winning this but I can see it being a pretty dull game with a penalty shootout at the end of it all.

Chances are McDonald probably won't start the game and I expect a team pretty much the same as the one that started against Cowdenbeath but with Scobbie at left back for Robson - 

Lewis

Toshney

Durnan

Edge

Scobbie

King

Stanton 

Fraser

Briels

McMullan

Smith

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Thought that relegating United and being in the league above after all those years in the shadows would make the Dees the "big team" in this rivalry. Unfortunate to see the inferiority complex is still as vast as ever. Sad!

Give it time.

They have around 50 trophyless, cash strapped, shite crowd, yo-yo team years to work through. 

This should be a decent test for us and will hopefully give an indication of what our players can offer.  The three teams we have played so far have been poor and so no way of really assessing the likes of King, McMullan and Scobbie who have all looked good against lower league opposition.

Its a shame that Keatings is out, but it is what it is, and if McDonald is not fit to start we will have little to offer up front.  Hopefully the three playing behind the striker and maybe Stanton can step up.

Looking forward to a derby match as always.

4 hours ago, K.T said:

I find it very unique that EEP is built next to a cemetery.

Firstly, something is either unique or not - it can't be very unique, or more or less unique that anything else. Secondly, there are loads of grounds built next to cemeteries in Scotland (Parkhead and Pittodrie being two obvious examples) as land was relatively cheap in those areas when they were built. Happy to help. :)

Looking forward to the game though. Will be interesting to see if United look like living up to the hype with their relatively expensively assembled squad, and to to see how McCann has changed things for Dundee. Hopefully it'll be a decent watch, and that el Bahktoui has a decent game if selected.

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Firstly, something is either unique or not - it can't be very unique, or more or less unique that anything else. Secondly, there are loads of grounds built next to cemeteries in Scotland (Parkhead and Pittodrie being two obvious examples) as land was relatively cheap in those areas when they were built. Happy to help. :)

Looking forward to the game though. Will be interesting to see if United look like living up to the hype with their relatively expensively assembled squad, and to to see how McCann has changed things for Dundee. Hopefully it'll be a decent watch, and that el Bahktoui has a decent game if selected.

Nou Camp (or Camp Nou if you're pretentious) is between a cemetery and a maternity hospital.  This gives another take on the old newspaper term for births, deaths and marriages.

Firstly, something is either unique or not - it can't be very unique, or more or less unique that anything else. Secondly, there are loads of grounds built next to cemeteries in Scotland (Parkhead and Pittodrie being two obvious examples) as land was relatively cheap in those areas when they were built. Happy to help. [emoji4]

Very interesting.

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The only thing you've struck is the nail. Right on the fucking head. They'll be too busy green dotting each other to notice, though.

Archived