OLDEST PLAYER ( S ) STILL PLAYING IN THE JUNIORS

larkyforever

Mark McKeever in his second spell with the Larkie Jags is listed as 42 on our website.

I cannot recall an older player playing for us and struggle to recollect an older player at any other club.

Of course, the pure and rarified Larkhall sweet air would help anyone stay young.

Can anyone add to this?

Note; Mr Prez has previously claimed Methuselah played for Dunipace when he was 96.

Tucker must be.... Signs as a player every year and always plays at the end of the season when struggling for players

At our game last season - on June 12th - Tucker played most of it. There was 35 years between him and two of our players - a bigger age gap than I think anyone else's actual age on the field...!

2 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Mark McKeever in his second spell with the Larkie Jags is listed as 42 on our website.

I cannot recall an older player playing for us and struggle to recollect an older player at any other club.

Of course, the pure and rarified Larkhall sweet air would help anyone stay young.

Can anyone add to this?

Note; Mr Prez has previously claimed Methuselah played for Dunipace when he was 96.

You cawn me a liar

I think the Easthouses manager like Tucker fills in when needs must, similar age. Think Colin Clark still turns out for Renfrew in late 40s.

The oldest non-coach that I'm aware of is Darrell Drew at Stoneyburn, still playing at 48. Richie McCaul likewise at Arniston.

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I think the Easthouses manager like Tucker fills in when needs must, similar age. Think Colin Clark still turns out for Renfrew in late 40s.

The oldest non-coach that I'm aware of is Darrell Drew at Stoneyburn, still playing at 48. Richie McCaul likewise at Arniston.

It is a couple of seasons since Colin turned out, I think. Iain Wilson kept goal for Renfrew in his 50s a couple of seasons ago.

8 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Can anyone add to this?

The pure and ratified Larkhall sweet air has allowed your very own Levi McPhee to kick every ball at the grand old age of 65 , albeit from the other side of the touchline !

Colin Cameron the ex-Hearts & Raith player was playing for Lochore United last season aged 44.

Lochore Welfare, and it was the season before last.
Lochore United were a decent amateur side who also played in Crosshill. They folded around the turn of the century unfortunately.

Archived