Jez and the next General Election

Londonwell

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd say using the fact that Mundell's father had recently come out as gay to have a go at him is homophobic beyond doubt. I'm sure the court will agree. Campbell making this out as a campaign for justice, and begging money off his blinkered supporters to pursue it, is just pathetic.

Considering the Tories (and the general Labour Movement) were happy for gay men to be given electric shock treatment in Barlinnie within the life time of posters on here, it's effin hypocritical of them.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

In what way did he have a go at Mundell's father for his homosexuality?

"Embracing homosexuality" doesn't seem like an insult to me.

He also didn't beg money off his blinkered supporters.

He, first of all, asked them whether or not he should take court action - they voted that he should.

He then asked them how it should be funded and they voted in majority to use crowdfunding.

Of course they did. It's like a cult. Campbell's got previous for anti LGBT stuff, slagging off Chelsea Manning while in solitary in a military prison for one. Just because you agree with someone's politics doesn't mean you have to defend everything they say.

P.S. Using his father's sexuality to slag off his son I doubt was appreciated by the father.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Of course they did. It's like a cult. Campbell's got previous for anti LGBT stuff, slagging off Chelsea Manning while in solitary in a military prison for one. Just because you agree with someone's politics doesn't mean you have to defend everything they say.

I'm not defending everything he says.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

P.S. Using his father's sexuality to slag off his son I doubt was appreciated by the father.

We're still not getting to the part where he indicates that being a homosexual is bad.

1 minute ago, Shades75 said:

We're still not getting to the part where he indicates that being a homosexual is bad.

Enoch Powell never said that black people were bad in his "Rivers of Blood" speech. Campbell used the fact that Mundell's dad had come out to have a go at his son. It couldn't be clearer.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I can't believe that if a unionist had said this about an SNP minister whose father had recently come out you wouldn't have called it homophobic. 

wings.JPG.fd9086ec0fcf1da222758890be044de7.JPG

Never had you down for a mentalist SJW

I honestly don't want to be a dick here but you really need to read the transcript of that speech if you don't think that Powell made it crystal clear, many times in many different ways what he meant.

This - " I shan't be satisfied till I have seen them all settled overseas. In this country in 15 or 20 years' time the black man will have the whip hand over the white man." makes it particularly clear what he wanted and why.

I don't think he actually said "rivers of blood" either, but I could be wrong.

I'm going to bow out now.  I think that the court case will need to decide on whether the tweet is homophobic or not.  I am happy to accept that court's verdict.  If it decides that the tweet is homophobic then I'll reconsider my view.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Wouldn't have raised it if he wasn't begging money off people to sue someone who called him out on it.

Would save all his fans a lot of money if he just made a proper homophobic insult.  Would do the independence campaign well down the line too.

It is undoubtedly a pretty crass thing to say, but I really don't think that it is homophobic. 

I'd agree with that. 'Give me money so I can defend being slightly less of a c**t than I'm accused of being' seems to be a pretty odd campaign to me, but fools and their money etc...

Looking back I sort of admired Labour's position on Brexit.
What is it?
Whatever you want it to be.
If you thought we should definitely leave then Labour's position seemed in sync with that.
If you thought we should definitely not leave then Labour's position seemed in sync with that too.

Personally I am concerned that Jeremy Corbyn never changes his opinion on anything.
I think that is a really bad place to be.

On 29/07/2017 at 00:25, Fullerene said:

Looking back I sort of admired Labour's position on Brexit.
What is it?
Whatever you want it to be.
If you thought we should definitely leave then Labour's position seemed in sync with that.
If you thought we should definitely not leave then Labour's position seemed in sync with that too.

Personally I am concerned that Jeremy Corbyn never changes his opinion on anything.
I think that is a really bad place to be.

He might not officially change but he certainly forgets about them.  Just look at his stance on the Whip, Trident or the House of Lords

I'm fairly sure a homophobe wouldn't suggest someone should embrace homosexuality at all, let alone sooner!?

And Dugdale has previous for lowering the offended bar having recently accused a newspaper of sexism because it claimed Theresa May was digging her heels in.

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I'm fairly sure a homophobe wouldn't suggest someone should embrace homosexuality at all, let alone sooner!?

You must have noticed he was taking the pish?

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:35, welshbairn said:

Enoch Powell never said that black people were bad in his "Rivers of Blood" speech. Campbell used the fact that Mundell's dad had come out to have a go at his son. It couldn't be clearer.

No, homophobia, not whatever it is you're complaining about.

homophobia
ˌhɒməˈfəʊbɪə,ˌhəʊməˈfəʊbɪə/  
noun
noun: homophobia
  1. dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

Archived