Jez and the next General Election

Londonwell

Question for the P&B masses- Jez Corbyn (motivator of the youth) is 68 years old. If the next General Election goes ahead when scheduled, can you see him fighting for PM come that time? Or do you think he is simply a replaceable leader of a movement to remove influence of blairites from within the PLP?

My own opinion is that he will still be in place come that time, but I raise the question as there a number of MP's who think the opposite. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he looks very fit and agile - Vince Cable has just taken over as leader of the Lib dems and he is 74, Trump is 71...

Theresa May is 60, IMO she looks utterly hellish for it and too old already.

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

I believe Corbyn will lead Labour into the next election. And if the Tories get a decent leader he will lose it.

The Tories will get a Tory. Which off the back of May, should be enough for him. If he were to lose next time, it'd be an absolutely massive failure for the Labour party.

If the Tories produce a proper manifesto and come up with a leader that isn't a plank of wood they will walk the next election. Corbyn was just lucky that the Tories produced the worst and manifesto and ran the worst political campaign in living memory. They still got 45% of the vote. The total ineptitude of the Tories allowed Corbyn to get away with the holes in his manifesto and he still couldn't win.

18 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Bath is very expensive for cappuccinos and toasted ciabattas.Im sure he thinks he's worth every penny..

I can only imagine how much good legal advice and representation may cost in Bath.  I don't think there'll be much change...

On 7/25/2017 at 20:10, Londonwell said:

Question for the P&B masses- Jez Corbyn (motivator of the youth) is 68 years old. If the next General Election goes ahead when scheduled, can you see him fighting for PM come that time? Or do you think he is simply a replaceable leader of a movement to remove influence of blairites from within the PLP?

My own opinion is that he will still be in place come that time, but I raise the question as there a number of MP's who think the opposite. 

I'm a Corbyn fan and I expect him to stay - despite the views of some of the backbenchers.

I always hear Tony Blair mention in interviews that he'd like to get back into politics, citing Brexit as his reason and to ensure it's done correctly. I wonder if the Labour PLP would have him back seen as he's seen as some sort of messiah in their eyes regardless of the Chilcot enquiry.

I can only imagine how much good legal advice and representation may cost in Bath.  I don't think there'll be much change...

He must know he hasn't a chance in hell of winning, it's a daft vanity case to splurge his fans money on.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He must know he hasn't a chance in hell of winning, it's a daft vanity case to splurge his fans money on.

I actually think that it's worthwhile and I think he's got a good chance of winning.

I can't see, and I've yet to see a convincing argument, as to how his tweet was homophobic.

Kezia re-tweeting it with her own take is one thing, but to then label him as homophobic in parliament, at FMQ's, on the back of it is a step too far.  I believe that she was trying to score a cheap point and a cheap headline, which she knows the media will duly oblige with.  It then puts the spotlight on the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon to distance themselves from wings/Stuart because of something that is way, way beyond their influence.  The unionists and media are forever trying to find ways to dis-credit WOS and Kezia was trying to give them another one.  But she was wrong and Campbell is right to show that.  Even if he loses, it almost doesn't matter.  It's the "cybernat, nat-zi's" issue crystallised and turned back on them.  To accuse means that they must be squeaky clean themselves, and anyone who takes notice knows that they are not and that it's ridiculous to expect either side to police the hoard.

Stuart might wright some pretty crappy stuff on Twitter.  But for every one of him there's an utterly batshit mental Jill Stephenson, on the other side.

When Ruth Davidson uses the term "shovel faced lesbian" it's all just high jinks and tomfoolery and laughed off.  This should have been too.

2 hours ago, Shades75 said:

I actually think that it's worthwhile and I think he's got a good chance of winning.

I can't see, and I've yet to see a convincing argument, as to how his tweet was homophobic.

Kezia re-tweeting it with her own take is one thing, but to then label him as homophobic in parliament, at FMQ's, on the back of it is a step too far.  I believe that she was trying to score a cheap point and a cheap headline, which she knows the media will duly oblige with.  It then puts the spotlight on the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon to distance themselves from wings/Stuart because of something that is way, way beyond their influence.  The unionists and media are forever trying to find ways to dis-credit WOS and Kezia was trying to give them another one.  But she was wrong and Campbell is right to show that.  Even if he loses, it almost doesn't matter.  It's the "cybernat, nat-zi's" issue crystallised and turned back on them.  To accuse means that they must be squeaky clean themselves, and anyone who takes notice knows that they are not and that it's ridiculous to expect either side to police the hoard.

Stuart might wright some pretty crappy stuff on Twitter.  But for every one of him there's an utterly batshit mental Jill Stephenson, on the other side.

When Ruth Davidson uses the term "shovel faced lesbian" it's all just high jinks and tomfoolery and laughed off.  This should have been too.

I can't believe that if a unionist had said this about an SNP minister whose father had recently come out you wouldn't have called it homophobic. 

wings.JPG.fd9086ec0fcf1da222758890be044de7.JPG

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I can't believe that if a unionist had said this about an SNP minister whose father had recently come out you wouldn't have called it homophobic. 

wings.JPG.fd9086ec0fcf1da222758890be044de7.JPG

I wouldn't have.  I don't think it's, in any way, homophobic.

2 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

I wouldn't have.  I don't think it's, in any way, homophobic.

I'd say using the fact that Mundell's father had recently come out as gay to have a go at him is homophobic beyond doubt. I'm sure the court will agree. Campbell making this out as a campaign for justice, and begging money off his blinkered supporters to pursue it, is just pathetic.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'd say using the fact that Mundell's father had recently come out as gay to have a go at him is homophobic beyond doubt. I'm sure the court will agree. Campbell making this out as a campaign for justice, and begging money off his blinkered supporters to pursue it, is just pathetic.

In what way did he have a go at Mundell's father for his homosexuality?

"Embracing homosexuality" doesn't seem like an insult to me.

He also didn't beg money off his blinkered supporters.

He, first of all, asked them whether or not he should take court action - they voted that he should.

He then asked them how it should be funded and they voted in majority to use crowdfunding.

Archived