St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship 5/8/17

57 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Going from the Partick game your fullbacks are guff, Hippo and Harris to run riot in a 1-0 loss.

Wouldn't read too much into that: the lad at right-back isn't a right-back (he's a highly-rated DM/CH and has little first-team action so far), and Irvine is horrendous at left-back. One of many improvements that took place last January was the arrival of two LBs, so Irvine moved to RB.

At the very least, Stelios will be back from suspension so Irvine can move to RB again.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I see Gaz kicked off the ticket campaign only lastnight and St Mirren shat it from the hordes and got the tickets sent straight over. The P&B Bairns get it sorted again.

Falkirk asked for some tickets and St Mirren sent them, as we do with all other clubs that request tickets.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Wouldn't read too much into that: the lad at right-back isn't a right-back (he's a highly-rated DM/CH and has little first-team action so far), and Irvine is horrendous at left-back. One of many improvements that took place last January was the arrival of two LBs, so Irvine moved to RB.

At the very least, Stelios will be back from suspension so Irvine can move to RB again.

fs fine, 2-0.

Falkirk will be a tough nut too crack Jack Ross will have us well up for this couple of players missing from the Thistle game will be back plus two more incoming before this game one being a striker. No idea how the game will turn out have not seen any league games played yet and not taking the cup games as a guide for reasons wrote. 

Falkirk will be a tough nut too crack Jack Ross will have us well up for this couple of players missing from the Thistle game will be back plus two more incoming before this game one being a striker. No idea how the game will turn out have not seen any league games played yet and not taking the cup games as a guide for reasons wrote. 

Fantastic insight, will read again.

32 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

Once we sign the guy who's been playing for pub teams in India,we will be right up for it

From what I have been told The striker inbound is not Dufy he can't sign this week due to contract not ended this week bit like Smith. You can take the pampers off now. 

35 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

I foolishly thought that the great play towards the end of last season,the increased season ticket sales and the general feel good factor would

see us kick on this season ,actually try and achieve something rather than talk about achieving something .

Whilst you were obviously a better side than earlier in the season I didn't go home after the 2 each draw at the end of last season thinking st mirren are fabulous their going to scoosh the league next season. We were awful in the first half and our home record was dire. We've certainly improved over the summer whilst saints look like their still a few players short of making the playoffs. Will be interesting to see who gets signed up between now and the 5th.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Whilst you were obviously a better side than earlier in the season I didn't go home after the 2 each draw at the end of last season thinking st mirren are fabulous their going to scoosh the league next season. We were awful in the first half and our home record was dire. We've certainly improved over the summer whilst saints look like their still a few players short of making the playoffs. Will be interesting to see who gets signed up between now and the 5th.

Fair. You know what football fans are like, though (and this isn't a specific dig at my fellow Saints): a little bit of momentum was found and it's hard not to get carried away by that.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

It's cute how raging you are about this. It's almost like you thought you were going to do something this season.

It's more to do with the fact that this league really, really isn't very good (Morton got to the playoffs last year, FFS. Morton :lol: ) - you basically just need to not be utter gash to get in the top half. Having failed to meet that requirement twice now, our squad feels close-ish to the really high benchmark of not being gash. Yet still we are missing some key components and it's frustrating.

5 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

Who should we sign?

Connor salmon is out of favour at hearts. Whilst not pele I reckon he'd score a fair few goals at this level. Duffy was finished when he played for hibs back in 2011 so god knows what he's like now.