St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship 5/8/17

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Think I acknowledge that.

He did not have a huge amount to do outside that save however

Ok, you think you're making sense; I don't. I'm happy to leave it there.

You had five shots on target to our four, so it seems both keepers were (almost) equally busy, the only difference is ours did his job.

Ok, you think you're making sense; I don't. I'm happy to leave it there.

You had five shots on target to our four, so it seems both keepers were (almost) equally busy, the only difference is ours did his job.

Do you think Samson would have saved your first one? He was also shocking at our goal

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do you think Samson would have saved your first one? He was also shocking at our goal

Can only comment on what I've seen from the highlights online, but I'm surprised Samson didn't tip the ball over for a corner rather than slow it down and keep it in play in the box by parrying it across the goal. As for Falkirk's GK, two goals scored low to his left (is that an area of weakness for him?) and the third from him leaving his goal open after flapping unchallenged at a cross - hardly an impressive start to the season for him.

Edited by DXBBud

I don't think Falkirk were that bad on sat. Even when we were on top they still looked dangerous going forward. They just couldn't live with our pace going forward- when it clicks for us like it did at times on sat, there won't be many teams in the division will be able to deal with us.

The 11 year wait for a win in the first league game is finally over! Would have took a point at the start, definitely after 5 mins, great to see us come back from a realy poor first 15 mins, we would have collapsed in the first half of last season.

Thought Reilly was brilliant he hassled the Falkirk defence all game and took his goal brilliantly. As others have said, Morgan made the difference when he switched wings, the Falkirk left back couldn't handle him he was just knocking it by him and running after it without breaking into a sprint and it created space in the middle as another player had to come help him every time. I was surprised at the lack of fight from Falkirk once we went ahead, McGinn and McShane had relatively easy time of it in the middle of the park.

What was Miller all about when he came on.. threw himself to the ground whenever the ball came near him and seemed more worried about winding folk up than doing anything with the ball.. missed an absolute sitter aswell. Usual inept performance from the officials but to be fair they got all the big calls correct, the Falkirk goal being over the line, the red card and a few soft penalty claims turned down.

Bring on the Morton!

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

This is seriously not having a go as you 100% deserved to win. However I think it was much more down to us being poor after the first 30 minutes than your great play. Thomson actually only had one save of note to make all game and that was at 3-1 when we had 10 men.

I think you like us will be let down defensively in the end and Samson is not the greatest. We did create a lot of chances early on and the one Miller missed at 3-1 was an absolute sitter. The strength in your team was McGinn and McShane providing the platform. I would have both at Falkirk in a heartbeat.

I get what your saying about not having saves to make however on our good run last season we were pretty clinical converting most of the chances we created.  We seem to be pretty efficient in that dept which is good as your right to say we didn't carve out loads of chances. Yes we will concede but that's been the way under Ross and Davis is a much better CB than Baird so that will help when he's fit.

To sum up, we only won because the referee favoured the west coast team and the Falkirk goalie had nothing to do other than make one save and pick the ball out of his net three times.

Edited by Stu

31 minutes ago, Stu said:

To sum up, we only won because the referee favoured the west coast team and the Falkirk goalie had nothing to do other than make one save and pick the ball out of his net three times.

Exactly.

This is a huge bugbear of mine...

0CTB3wg.png

It's unwritten journalism law that they have to use 'ten-man' as an adjective when referring to a team that's had a man sent off, regardless of when the red card came. The fact is, we dispatched 11-man Falkirk, and then they had a man sent off.

It does my tits in. 

Anyway... carry on.

Edit: it was from the Evening Times, by the way...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15457138.Jack_Ross_revels_in_feelgood_factor_as_St_Mirrens_race_out_the__Championship_blocks_with_win_over_title_chasing_Falkirk/

Edited by Coventry Saint

15 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Saints fans should be used to the 'we were shite', 'that was our worst performance of the season' patter from when we started picking up points last year.

I'm happy for the other teams to play shite against us.

I couldn't believe how lucky we were to have met teams on the 'worst performance all year' about 12 times after January. Quite some record.