St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship 5/8/17

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

Grangemouth Bairn has shown themselves up to be a bit of an idiot both pre and post match.

Firstly for getting so wound up by obvious wind ups suggesting St Mirren would wipe the floor with Falkirk and now suggesting there is a west coast bias from referees.

You got me with that one Buddie.

Excellent use of themselves too. Like your style.

Ps. Your team were very good yesterday. There is defo a West coast bias in Scottish football.

I like the fact that so many Pars fans told us Reilly was pish when he clearly had an issue while on loan at EEP. 

He mentioned an injury and the low point of his career to date.

His performance yesterday suggests we have the player who scored for fun at Queens a few seasons ago. His workrate and and link up play with Sutton bodes well for the season ahead. He's definitely going to score a few for us this season.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You got me with that one Buddie.

Excellent use of themselves too. Like your style.

Ps. Your team were very good yesterday. There is defo a West coast bias in Scottish football.

That is just nonsense.

The only consistent bias in Scottish football is towards Rangers and Celtic.

Yes, they are both 'west coast', but that is NOT why they get favourable decisions from the officials.

I like the fact that so many Pars fans told us Reilly was pish when he clearly had an issue while on loan at EEP. 
He mentioned an injury and the low point of his career to date.
His performance yesterday suggests we have the player who scored for fun at Queens a few seasons ago. His workrate and and link up play with Sutton bodes well for the season ahead. He's definitely going to score a few for us this season.

I think it's too early to make predictions but yesterday's performance - and particularly his work rate - gives plenty to be optimistic about.

I'm glad he got off the mark yesterday as he needs games, after a couple of stop start seasons, and had he gone a few games without a goal there would have been shouts to drop him.

I think it was Bobby F who said on another thread that he'd never wanted a player to succeed more than Reilly, that's how I feel too.

Just now, houston_bud said:

I think it's too early to make predictions but yesterday's performance - and particularly his work rate - gives plenty to be optimistic about.

I'm glad he got off the mark yesterday as he needs games, after a couple of stop start seasons, and had he gone a few games without a goal there would have been shouts to drop him.

I think it was Bobby F who said on another thread that he'd never wanted a player to succeed more than Reilly, that's how I feel too.

My sentiments as well. He was soundly and almost unanimously derided by the Pars fans (save for perhaps Shandon Par who claimed he'll do well with the correct setup around him) and some buddies unfortunately bought into that a wee bit, so it's understandable that we're rallying around the lad in a big way after he's proven with his good start that he's not the absolute dud that they had him pinned as.

Yes, he'll have his off days but so does every player at this level. His application, his attitude and the sheer amount of work he did yesterday in leading the line suggests that he's got plenty to offer at this level as long as he's got someone alongside him as foil which big Sutton provided very ably yesterday.

Still can't shake the feeling that it'd be a mistake to let Sutton go, he'll almost certainly sign for a rival in this division and he'll cause us issues.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

DJ you know as well as I do the West Coast teams get more from the refs. That's a fact.

As I said though we were soundly beaten.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I totally disagree mate. If we are playing what's seemed as a 'Glasgow' team and it's a 'Glasgow' ref we know we are getting f**k all.

:lol:

Think your head has been detached, mate.

1 minute ago, Jimmy85 said:

He was derided because after a promising start he was utterly shite. 

Yet, this is exactly my argument. A shite season doesn't automatically make a shite footballer, certainly not given his very decent goalscoring record at this level previously.

He may not have fit Dunfermline for whatever reason but we've seen him a few times now and there's enough there to suggest he's not the garbage the Pars fans labelled him as.

It's very much a similar situation to Stuart Carswell with ourselves or Joe McKee with Morton and Falkirk. It happens.

5 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Gavin Reilly is nowhere near as good as Nicky Clark. Combined with his own poor form, his opportunities at EEP were restricted.

Fixed that for you.

All jokes aside, good luck to Reilly. If he has an excellent season then good for him but it doesn't change the fact he made no impact at Dunfermline.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

Think your head has been detached, mate.

You would say that, given the way Dumbarton benefit from the blatant west coast conspiracy that shames Scottish football every season.

Falkirk fans are the worst total wanks just like their manager.

The utter bullshit I'm seeing on social madia is hilarious [emoji23] should've been 4-0 up in 20 mins, should've got 3 stone wall penalties, it was the refs fault [emoji24] and st mirren just fouled us every time we got the ball [emoji24]

Dry your eyes you bunch of w**k stains you's got pumped fair and square [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Good to see Reilly get off to a good start. The boy has talent and with support he'll rattle in a few goals for Saints.

Some players don't fit certain clubs. When (in this instance Dunfermline) fans laugh at a 'reject' (Reilly) scoring for other clubs it always makes me laugh. Do they think the (St Mirren) fans of the player's new club care as long as he's scoring for them? [emoji38]

(^^^Unscramble that salad).

Think the Falkirk fans are being over critical of their left back. Morgan is a class act who should go on to bigger and better things. If we can keep him he'll give every full back he faces problems. Direct, fast, skillful and strong.

9 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Think the Falkirk fans are being over critical of their left back. Morgan is a class act who should go on to bigger and better things. If we can keep him he'll give every full back he faces problems. Direct, fast, skillful and strong.

It was too easy for him yesterday though. Someone like that you've got to get physical with. You can't run along side him and hope to block the cross you've got to get shoulder to shoulder. He was hardly even tackled never mind fouled. I'd have more sympathy for Gallacher if it was outrageous skill beating him but it was just good direct wing play. The last left back to come through our youth team wouldve made it a totally different story.

Edited by Shadwell Dog