St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship 5/8/17

16 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Ah well that's the season fucked eh lads, gid while it lasted an ahing, playoffs next year onyway. Love ma fawkirk so a dae, fick an fin an aw that. 

We we will still win this fucking league, fucking come at me you c***s, any fucking one of yous. Heed first questions efter. Paisley minks

Were black and we're white we hate Greenock shite were top of the league and your NO 

Edited by Paul Cicero

9 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

emoji23.png Houston is full of shit should of been 4-0 up in 20 mins. Then it's all his players fault doesn't mention he took off Falkirk's main threat Austins pace.

We've got loads of strikers but no many defenders. That's why your meant to have a balanced squad houston.

1 hour ago, PG.Colossus said:

Houston's post match interview...https://youtu.be/3KBLUpUQNp8

Could have been 3 up if you had taken your chances but even so it's a bit surprising to hear your manager singling out players for criticism.

For us to only be 1 down though gave us a great chance to get something from the game and thankfully the players responded........it's been a while since the opening game of the season went as well for us.

Still fancy both of us to be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

3 I'd say.

Could say falkirk were lucky to be 1-0 up after a Samson fumble.

Could really pick any score you wanted really we missed a chance or 2 aswell cammy smith put a good chance over the bar. But facts are it was 1 then we scored 3.

Falkirk were the better for first 20 mins but the game lasts 90mins

No need for anymore pish excuses

Great win and some excellent performances, especially from Reilly, Sutton, Morgan and McKenzie. Reilly and Sutton in particular absolutely destroyed that Centre back pairing, both of whom looked absolutely soft as shite.

Big downside for us though was the first 20 minutes. If we do that against any of the good teams in the league we will be punished.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That explains it. He was sat near Scott Gallacher and Tom Walsh's family, and a few rows ahead of Alex Rae too. It was like a full-scale St Mirren reunion from this time last season.

Please.

Don't remind us of St Mirren from this time last season!

:lol:

I tell you something, we have GOT to get Morgan on a longer deal. I'd settle for not bringing in another striker if Morgan extended.

Morgan has had a deal from us on the table for about a year now.

He ain't signing it though. He either leaves for nothing in May or for a fee in August or January.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol:

I tell you something, we have GOT to get Morgan on a longer deal. I'd settle for not bringing in another striker if Morgan extended.

I agree, he gives us that pace and directness that other teams hate to play against. He's not the finished article, he still makes a lot of bad final decisions, and he's not the best at covering his fullback, but he's a standout at this level and would walk into any other team.

Thing I was most pleased with today though was Reilly and Sutton. It was an absolutely textbook big man/wee man performance from them both, and they absolutely murdered those two centre halfs, who I was lead to believe were supposed to be good.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Morgan has had a deal from us on the table for about a year now.

He ain't signing it though. He either leaves for nothing in May or for a fee in August or January.

What! Jack Ross must go! Tick tock, etc.

I'm pretty sure Morgan is under 23 anyway, do not sure he's away for nothing either way.

I'm pretty sure Morgan is under 23 anyway, do not sure he's away for nothing either way.

He played for Rangers till he was 17. We won't be getting any meaningful development fee.

How many times does this need to be said? Mark Kerr is done & should be nowhere near the starting eleven, Club Captain or not.
Harris was continually drawn into the centre to cover for Kerr's inadequacies, leaving a gaping hole on our right hand side.
Yes, the opening 20 mins were promising, but then Jack Ross altered his team to suit, they came back into the game, scored & the wheels fell off our chariot.
The display from the point of conceding the equaliser was as shambolic as that in the Cup at Greenock in January.
As for the like for like substitutions & rigid 4/4/2, we will return similar results if we fail to adapt during a match. As, injuries excused, they made zero change to our pattern of play.
That he removed Austin & put Gasparotto in at R/B, instantly conceded the game AFAIC.