St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship 5/8/17

Ha why does every Falkirk thread talk about crowd sizes? It's the same 4 or 5 folk who keep going with it. 'Supporter of opposing team say Falkirk support is shite, another sarcastically says they'll need to build a new stand, Falkirk fans bite and then start talking about how many fans they think will be there'. Every. Fucking. Time.

Will you bring enough to merit two turnstiles being opened though?

How long on average do you queue at an away game?

Ha why does every Falkirk thread talk about crowd sizes? It's the same 4 or 5 folk who keep going with it. 'Supporter of opposing team say Falkirk support is shite, another sarcastically says they'll need to build a new stand, Falkirk fans bite and then start talking about how many fans they think will be there'. Every. Fucking. Time.

Aye, that's all very well but how many Falkirk supporters do you think will turn up?

Just can't call this one. Wouldn't be too surprised if the Buddies romped to a 3-0 win, on the other hand, we're more than capable of getting scudded. Usually I have a gut feeling about a match and it's not often too far off. Just don't know at all on this one. Has the potential to be a cracker though.

There is not a chance in hell you will win 3-0. You may win but it would be by the odd goal.

Personally I think it will be something like 2-2. We will certainly score.

Seen it many times over the years whether it's Falkirk or St Mirren if your team is doing well a large support will follow , if your having a bad season  it's the die hards who still turn up.

Pity Saturday is not going to be a scorcher always makes going to the game much better. Oh well train to Paisley St James 1min walk to the stadium pop into the 1877 club for a few beers. Accross from the main stand is a trailor called Buddie Good Food the lassie who owns it gets her supplies from the best Butchers in town. Spicy chicken burger is amazining with the full works on it. Into the game and soak up the atmosphere and hopefully see a great game. Can handle my team losing as long as they have tried and put in effort. Saints are a bit short due to injuries may the best team win.  

48 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Any chance Hearts can throw a spanner in the works with talking to Houston before the weekend!!!

I doubt he would bite just now. Hearts look in a right mess, he's got a decent team and fancies his chances of challenging. Finishing 6th with Hearts wouldn't do much for his reputation, getting Falkirk promoted would. His relationship with Levein might tempt him, but I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

I doubt he would bite just now. Hearts look in a right mess, he's got a decent team and fancies his chances of challenging. Finishing 6th with Hearts wouldn't do much for his reputation, getting Falkirk promoted would. His relationship with Levein might tempt him, but I doubt it.

Who knows. What I do know is that we're looking good this season so what normally happens when clubs our size are in that situation is something comes along and gives you a great big  kick in the nuts so I wouldn't rule anything out.

Not being funny but if Hearts are looking at any manager in employment the now surely both Tommy Wright and Jack Ross would be ahead of Houston.

As an outside be you can throw Alan Johnston in there too for both age and ex Jambo.

For what it's worth I think they'll go for someone currently unemployed.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I have personally spoken to to 1809* Falkirk fans who intend to travel. Thats only the ones I have spoken to.

*True figures may vary.

Anyway, how strange from last season that we dont really have much to talk about except the crowd w**k since our starting lineup picks itself practically. I guess we might find ourselves discussing Luca v Watson or who should play in beside McKee but that aside, we have nothing to discuss. Kinda boring really.

First goalscorer/correct score bet for this weekend I think will be 1-2 Hippolyte first.

I've got a feeling that he'll pick Craigen ahead of Harris or Hippo as he'll consider that to be less 'gung ho'.

Only certain starters for me are Thompson, Muirhead, Grant, Gallagher, McKee, Loy & Austin (if fit).

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It would be a bit of a Houston thing to do but I hope not. Either of those guys would be well within their rights to be pissed off with that and I will be too. This season looks like one where we are going to have to play that way.

Aye, I agree; go for it straight from the off with two wingers. I'd have Taiwo ahead of Kerr too.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It would be a bit of a Houston thing to do but I hope not. Either of those guys would be well within their rights to be pissed off with that and I will be too. This season looks like one where we are going to have to play that way.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I agree; go for it straight from the off with two wingers. I'd have Taiwo ahead of Kerr too.

If we're to put in a serious title challenge, we should be aiming to win games from the off. Utd have Keatings out for a few weeks and according to Well fans, McDonald is a notoriously slow starter. We should be going with a similar lineup and mindset as the Betfred games and steal a march on them.

44 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

If we're to put in a serious title challenge, we should be aiming to win games from the off. Utd have Keatings out for a few weeks and according to Well fans, McDonald is a notoriously slow starter. We should be going with a similar lineup and mindset as the Betfred games and steal a march on them.

Agreed. DU have a whole new team which will need time to gel. As do Inverness. St Mirren have Maggenis out injured who will be a big player for them later in the season. Really important for us to come flying out the traps this year, which traditionally we don't do well at all

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

St Mirren have Maggenis out injured who will be a big player for them later in the season.

While Magennis would walk into any XI we could possibly put together, it looks like we're currently being forced to play a 4-4-2 because of the players available (ie Reilly can't play up on his own). I don't think Magennis is as badly missed in that formation, where Smith/Morgan can fill in very well down the flanks.