St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship 5/8/17

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

You mean Andy Dorman (who was English but got capped for Wales)? That was the year before at Love Street.

Actually it was a 2-2 draw in February 2009 at your new ground

I remember Dornan scoring late in the game hence me thinking it was a loss. think it was your 2nd competitive game at your new ground.

I am amazed but I think you are right we haven't lost at your new ground. Even managed not to lose the season we got relegated

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember Dornan scoring late in the game hence me thinking it was a loss. think it was your 2nd competitive game at your new ground

That boy scored some incredible goals. :wub:

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember Dornan scoring late in the game hence me thinking it was a loss. think it was your 2nd competitive game at your new ground

We scored later on in the game to snatch a draw if its the game I think your thinking on, Yogi had his experimental five at the back, changed to four and we got a late penalty after Dornan scoring his second

52 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We scored later on in the game to snatch a draw if its the game I think your thinking on, Yogi had his experimental five at the back, changed to four and we got a late penalty after Dornan scoring his second

Was that the one where Jack Ross (whatever happened to him?) handled on the line and got a yellow card?

Bit confused at Falkirk fans saying it's always tough at our ground - don't think they've lost at our new stadium!

Our record in the opening league game is horrendous. Haven't won one since 2006. The only other one this century was in 2004 - although on the plus side it was against Falkirk at Love Street.

Would be good to end that run but after Saturday I'd take a point.

And even though we lost that opener in 2004, we went onto have a great season.

3 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Was that the one where Jack Ross (whatever happened to him?) handled on the line and got a yellow card?

Memory isn't that sharp on that, I remember the handball but which game it was is lost on me. I just recall it was 5 at the back, one of Yogi's double six rolls with his management decisions, lose a game and he tried to throw another double six.

I also recall the hot water in the toilets was like a boiled kettle temperature, that made no difference to the result tho

I got hounded a few week ago for seemingly jinxing our chances of winning the upcoming game by stating we hadn't lost at your new ground, yet hadn't won a league opener since 2007, dunno if that counts as Gretna are gone !!!

19 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Do St Mirren still sell tickets at the ground to get in?

Love nothing more than having to queue twice to get in.

If you're gonnae do that is their a reason you don't send a bundle through to us to buy In advance?

I thought we did give away fans tickets to sell. 

It's apparently not our choice as even though the turnstiles are now unmanned, we'd like to have a pay gate but it's on advice of police Scotland. This made sense at Love Street when often fans would end up queuing back on to the road but not so much at our new ground. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I thought we did give away fans tickets to sell. 

It's apparently not our choice as even though the turnstiles are now unmanned, we'd like to have a pay gate but it's on advice of police Scotland. This made sense at Love Street when often fans would end up queuing back on to the road but not so much at our new ground. 

Sadly we don't get tickets to sell for this.

I didn't mind too much last 2 seasons but I expect a larger than normal travelling support next week so the ticket queue will be long after 2.30.

Seems crazy to not just send a few hundred through to us to sell in advance and ease the queue a bit.

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We have PATG though and presumably receive similar advice from Police Scotland? I think we'll take a good support so can see long queues if St Mirren don't send any tickets in advance 

Probably won't be as long as the queues we had at Morton in April. Now those were some fucking amazing queues.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Probably won't be as long as the queues we had at Morton in April. Now those were some fucking amazing queues.

Morton are absolute diddies tbf, I assume the queues for their one shitey burger fan were biblical? 

37 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We have PATG though and presumably receive similar advice from Police Scotland? I think we'll take a good support so can see long queues if St Mirren don't send any tickets in advance 

Got to assume Falkirk choose not to take them or don't tell us large crowds? We give them to others.