Chester Bennington Dead at 41

ATLIS

Bizarrely, I was at a pub quiz tonight where there was a question about what the lead singer's name was. The news broke half an hour later. Horrible thing to happen but this made it incredibly creepy.

Forgot how many belters Linkin Park had - such a shame. Chester was very close with Chris Cornell so his death must have had a massive impact on him. He took his life on what would have been CC's birthday.

Such a big part of the early 2000s for me. Hybrid Theory and Meteora were pretty much constantly played. Stuck with them after that. Bennington's voice is probably the thing that got me so into them in the first place, so this is an absolute gutter.

Glad I took the decision to travel to London this month to see them. Their last show was only three nights later. For f**k sake.

Not a fan of ambulance chasers or grief merchants so this is perhaps pretty hypocritical on my part but this news has hit me right in the feels. A fair part of my childhood and early music memories was listening to Hybrid Theory. Just hearing his voice on those tracks takes me right back to the early 00s in an instant.

the mash-up album with Jay-z was one of my favourite albums during my teen years. 

Won't pretend i was a massive fan, but some of their earlier songs were fantastic. 

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Never been a lover of Linkin Park but 'Faint' was a phenomenal song.

When they played it at the O2, the entire standing area went fucking bonkers. We were a fair bit back so we figured we'd avoided the more mad parts of the audience. We didn't.

Unbelievably gutted to hear about this, they were the band to get me into heavy music and hybrid theory was the first album I ever bought, makes my hybrid theory tattoo even more special now. Was lucky enough to catch them live a few times too down in England too, so glad I did now!

• 2 months later...

Archived