Best and worst areas of your town/city

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Grove is the best pub in Scotland, we can disregard your taste if you've left it off the list.

Wut. Going by the general consensus on here The Grove would be hated by 90% of P&Bers. I'm pro west end but that place fits the wanky stereotype to a T.

GWR for drinking over Finnie all damn day.

Wut. Going by the general consensus on here The Grove would be hated by 90% of P&Bers. I'm pro west end but that place fits the wanky stereotype to a T.

GWR for drinking over Finnie all damn day.

You're obviously not thinking of the right place.

49 minutes ago, madwullie said:

My mate shat himself in the Grove once, flushed his shitty skants down the bog and carried on drinking. 

Quality clientele 

That is so irresponsible as shitty boxers are just going to clog the toilet and cause massive inconvenience to the owners and other punters that need to use the toilet. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

What sort of place you after?

Old man pubs - Park Bar or The Grove
Trendier bars - Lebowskis, Kelvingrove Cafe or Strip Joint

Like all places but probably look for pubs that play the kind of music I like so probably the more hipsterish ones tbh. Girl next to me just now mentioned that kelvin Grove place and ox and fish?

Like all places but probably look for pubs that play the kind of music I like so probably the more hipsterish ones tbh. Girl next to me just now mentioned that kelvin Grove place and ox and fish?

Ox and Finch is dope. Book ahead though.

The park bar and the snaffle are where all the highlanders go and the music is pretty traditional Scottish. Might not be what you're after music wise but they both have a great atmosphere on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

That is so irresponsible as shitty boxers are just going to clog the toilet and cause massive inconvenience to the owners and other punters that need to use the toilet. 

You're right of course. There are many options for disposal of soiled underwear. In the cistern, out the window, if there is one. Paper towel bin. Even just leave them on the floor and time your run to avoid getting caught. 

You're right of course. There are many options for disposal of soiled underwear. In the cistern, out the window, if there is one. Paper towel bin. Even just leave them on the floor and time your run to avoid getting caught. 

Absolutely. Actually flushing them down the toilet really is the most dickish thing you could do in that situation.

1d77fd56f77ca68726516e1b631f501a.jpg
That's mine [emoji41]
Edit- I also think where i stay is alright- far far worse bits of airdrie and in town.

Quite a good website that.

Onthank in Kilmarnock with similar ratings

8ef6c90c759051f40710ea5af772a95f.jpg

Whereas we are right next door and it's frightening to see how much the average changes for what is about 500 yards away.

52d62220a385ca0b1d1fcb04f665ba68.jpg

Nice website. It's amazing how some towns have parts where it goes from dark blue straight to dark red. Eg. Kelvinside to Maryhill.

Parts of Torry close to the Dee are yellow - it is a bit rough, but at the same time heaps of Eastern Europeans live there and they'll be creating economic activity. Ie. it's not a complete benefits hellhole.

Big thanks for all the Finnieston recommendations.

Let us know where you end up.

ETA try not to be too intimidated by the people of Glasgow, they are just afraid of you as you are of them.

Archived