Best and worst areas of your town/city

I'm pretty sure Gannochy houses are really difficult to get, think there's a large waiting list. I don't think houses in Hunters are very much in demand.

Yeah it does seem to be these days. Would be an alright bit to live in.

I know one person who got put into council housing in Hunters and they were moved after 3 months because of the neighbours threatening them constantly.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Yeah it does seem to be these days. Would be an alright bit to live in.

I know one person who got put into council housing in Hunters and they were moved after 3 months because of the neighbours threatening them constantly.

Jamamafegan is from there so will be on your back now. Looking forward to telling him he lives in the equivalent of Hunters tbh.

The worst part of this side of the river is undoubtedly Potterhill - that's where the only minks used to live.

14 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

North carbrain and millcroft are worse than those tow areas.

Aye, you're probably right. I'm forever getting mixed up between the two. I'm fairly certain a car gets torched in Millcroft every week.

20 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Where are the new team playing at?

There's no new team. They're dead, deceased, defunct. A real gutter. My ETG Ligue 1 season ticket cost 120 euros. It was too good to be true...

ETG_FC_Sochaux_domicile_pour_d_buter_la_

giphy.gif

clint_ew.gif

5 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Aye, you're probably right. I'm forever getting mixed up between the two. I'm fairly certain a car gets torched in Millcroft every week.

Again, Millcroft is in South Carbrain so you did mention it. 

51 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Ah, so this Thonon Evian Savoie mob aren't a continuation of ETG? Thought they were...

Actually yes, good shout, you're right, I hadn't heard of them until now. Looks like TES have got a licence to play in the 7th division. Thonon's an hour away from Annecy - ETG only ever played in Annecy once they reached Ligue 2.

Worst of Clydebank could be Whitecrook, Faifley, Clydebank East (which locally is called Yoker, though technically Yoker is the part of Glasgow immediately over the county line and bordering it). Additionally, Dalmuir, Radnor Park and parts of Drumry aren't great.

Best would probably be North Kilbowie, Boquhanran, Parkhall, Hardgate and parts of Drumry, Duntocher and Goldenhill.

Out of that lot there's some that are terrible, some that are middling and some that are great, and a lot of them are side by side. Drumry Road for example is the division line between the districts of North and South Drumry and has a mixture of incredible houses, standard houses and a glimpse of the crap as it comes to the dual carriageway, where the spectre of Drumchapel looms large from across the road that marks the north eastern county line that separates us from the weegies.

If any c**t wants to buy my house just pm me.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Worst of Clydebank could be Whitecrook, Faifley, Clydebank East (which locally is called Yoker, though technically Yoker is the part of Glasgow immediately over the county line and bordering it). Additionally, Dalmuir, Radnor Park and parts of Drumry aren't great.

Best would probably be North Kilbowie, Boquhanran, Parkhall, Hardgate and parts of Drumry, Duntocher and Goldenhill.

Out of that lot there's some that are terrible, some that are middling and some that are great, and a lot of them are side by side. Drumry Road for example is the division line between the districts of North and South Drumry and has a mixture of incredible houses, standard houses and a glimpse of the crap as it comes to the dual carriageway, where the spectre of Drumchapel looms large from across the road that marks the north eastern county line that separates us from the weegies.

If any c**t wants to buy my house just pm me.

You could just have said Worst:  "all of it"

34 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I strongly considered it. But felt it'd be taken as flippant.

Yet not entirely wrong.

Even within the schemes mentioned there are some decent bits just round the corner from the worst of it. Whitecrook is probably a good example, as is East Clydebank/"Yoker". The flats at Yoker station have been an absolute abomination of a place for most of my lifetime yet 30 seconds from there you have Edward Street and Millbrae Crescent which are two of the nicest and quietest streets in Clydebank.

Glasgow - supposedly the west end is the best but the majority of people are up their own arse and the pubs are gentrified hovels of hipster shite on the whole . It honestly feels like a completely different town when you are in parts of the west end .

I've spent hundreds of weekends in the Murano halls, Watson Street off Merchant city and Kersland street off Byres Road.

Watson Street and the Merchant City area a million times better than Kersland and the West End for me.

The rest seems much of a muchness, family in Carntyne and Anniesland and honestly can't see much difference between the areas at all and every time I'm on the south side it all just looks the same to me.

Love Glasgow and my favourite bit is the Trongate/Merchant City and Glasgow Green area. If I was to ever go to uni and end up living down there would definitely try and get something in and around that area.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I've spent hundreds of weekends in the Murano halls, Watson Street off Merchant city and Kersland street off Byres Road.

Watson Street and the Merchant City area a million times better than Kersland and the West End for me.

The rest seems much of a muchness, family in Carntyne and Anniesland and honestly can't see much difference between the areas at all and every time I'm on the south side it all just looks the same to me.

Love Glasgow and my favourite bit is the Trongate/Merchant City and Glasgow Green area. If I was to ever go to uni and end up living down there would definitely try and get something in and around that area.

I hated the Merchant City. It's chocked is full of new money neds who have traped down from their east end middens like Parkhead and Easterhouse in their new G-Star jeans for a posh night out.
There's always some sort of trouble later on as well when wee Tam sees wee Jimmy trying to fire into big Mags.

The West End is probably a bit pretentious but at least I know the people are more on my level and some wee numpty isn't going to bump into me and want a fight.

I hated the Merchant City. It's chocked is full of new money neds who have traped down from their east end middens like Parkhead and Easterhouse in their new G-Star jeans for a posh night out.
There's always some sort of trouble later on as well when wee Tam sees wee Jimmy trying to fire into big Mags.
The West End is probably a bit pretentious but at least I know the people are more on my level and some wee numpty isn't going to bump into me and want a fight.

When I was out in the Merchant city it always mainly seemed to be couples and older folk to be honest.

19 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Perth: as long as you live on the correct side of the bridge then you're all good. Gannochy/Kinnoull/Isla Road/Dundee Road/Bellwood Park. Demonstrating the best of Perthshire accommodation.

Stays in Potterhill ^^

Glasgow - supposedly the west end is the best but the majority of people are up their own arse and the pubs are gentrified hovels of hipster shite on the whole . It honestly feels like a completely different town when you are in parts of the west end .

Used to go with a lassie from round hampden way- south side was nice rounds shawlands- much better than the west end.

Archived