What Does It Take to Make a New F.C.?

I'm hoping the vast knowledge of folk on here might help as it's probably easier than spending hours and shit doing research on the web but I was wondering what it takes to make a new F.C.?

I'm not talking about a new Sunday bottom league kickabout team but instead a team that would potentially have a route to the SPFL.

The only thing I really know about it is that it's hard as f**k to get into the fourth teir of our top set up and seem to remember a team being shat on when Rangers started as a newco a few years back ( Spartans I think it may have been) and didn't get in because of the carve up at the time. Anyways, that aside, what league would a new team have to start in if they wanted to progress all the way up to the big show?

In addition, what would the new club need? I assume players and a ground, licence probably and some other shit.

What admin would need to be done?

Let's assume the would be based in Central Scotland as I think they may have to start in a regional league.

And what could they be called?

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'd like to see Paisley have a junior team. Save for a brief period after WW1 when we had St. Mirren Juniors (who, during their brief existence won the SJC) it has been a strange anomaly.

Though it's not like the areas is short of them with Arthurlie, Neilston, Johnstone Burgh and Renfrew all within a few miles of Paisley town centre. And with St. Anthony's just over the city limits in Glasgow, you have 5 clubs within a 5 mile radius of Paisley south of the Clyde.

I assume this is trolling but, it's not that difficult to establish a team and make progress up the Leagues. The South of Scotland League is at the bottom of the current pyramid and accepted new teams this summer so if you are willing to play there, then entering the pyramid isn't difficult. You don't even need to be initially licensed, though you would need a licence to move up to Lowland League and then League Two.

Initially you just need to persuade the South of Scotland committee you have enough players, funding and access to a pitch to make it work. In due course you'd need to comply with the SFA's Club Licensing manual to get promoted. Main issue with that will be security of tenure over a ground that will need to be compliant if it isn't already.

It's not especially difficult. With enough money thrown at the project you could probably take a team from non existence to the SPFL in 2 or 3 seasons. Of course you need good enough players and management to actually win the Leagues and playoffs too.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I assume this is trolling but, it's not that difficult to establish a team and make progress up the Leagues. The South of Scotland League is at the bottom of the current pyramid and accepted new teams this summer so if you are willing to play there, then entering the pyramid isn't difficult. You don't even need to be initially licensed, though you would need a licence to move up to Lowland League and then League Two.

Initially you just need to persuade the South of Scotland committee you have enough players, funding and access to a pitch to make it work. In due course you'd need to comply with the SFA's Club Licensing manual to get promoted. Main issue with that will be security of tenure over a ground that will need to be compliant if it isn't already.

It's not especially difficult. With enough money thrown at the project you could probably take a team from non existence to the SPFL in 2 or 3 seasons. Of course you need good enough players and management to actually win the Leagues and playoffs too.

Booooo 

I think something that needs to be taken on board from the offset is the branding and marketability of any new club; it's a massive part of any new business, with social media providing all manner of avenues for fan recruitment and engagement, raising and maintaining visibility, promotional events, community involvement and all that sort of thing - it has to be embraced from day one, with the inclusion of some genuinely unique selling points to really make an impact

to this end - and taking on board your wish for a central Scotland location - I can think of no better location for your new team than Fanny Burn (halfway between Auchetrader and Kinross) - you've got a lifelong marketing and advertising tie-up with Vagisil nailed on before you've even started - and what with their magenta branding and that new kit posted on here a couple of days ago that I reckoned was the colour of "blushed labia" - use those two alongside some bright red highlights and you've got your primary kit colours sorted too - I'll get ma' photoshop boots on.....

12 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I was wondering what it takes to make a new F.C.?

A strong brand that reflects its tradition, principles & values...

jIPLRhn.png

12 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

And what could they be called?

Hibernian Football Club Club Club

@HibernianFCClubClub

Two clubs.

Three clubs.

One club.

MÉS QUE DOS CLUBCLUBS

DM865DW.png

4 minutes ago, Mon Dieu said:

A strong brand that reflects its tradition, principles & values...

jIPLRhn.png

Hibernian Football Club Club Club

@HibernianFCClubClub

Two clubs.

Three clubs.

One club.

MÉS QUE DOS CLUBCLUBS

DM865DW.png

I was in a paper shop in Dunfermline and asked about the sign behind the counter saying they sold "Squirrel Nuts". I was a bit rattled by this gap in my culinary knowledge but when I asked about these exotic nuts I was told "Nah mate, they're nuts fur feeding tae the squirrels doon The Glen". 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived