Cash or Cashless?

Romeo

Cash or Cashless  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

You can get card readers that plug into your phone and are tiny.

Which bank do you work in? :whistle

Nah!, I'm still not buying into it Romeo. Call me old fashioned or conspiracy nut but I will always prefer the option of either using cashless or paying by cash. It's the perfect mix imo.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Which bank do you work in? :whistle

Nah!, I'm still not buying into it Romeo. Call me old fashioned or conspiracy nut but I will always prefer the option of either using cashless or paying by cash. It's the perfect mix imo.

^^^ Is an old fashioned conspiracy nut

Window cleaner
Paperboy
Paying for jobs not wanting on the books
Fish man
Football

Meh just 5

So you like to have money on you to pay for these things? If they took card, would you still want to buy your fresh halibut with a tenner or would you be fine using your card? Also, what do you mean football? Most places (worth going) are all ticket so as well sticking that on the card.
Jobs you don't want on the books is a reason to get paid in cash, not to pay in cash but it's the only one I see the merit of.

Window cleaner and paperboy can f**k off.

When I buy a pie at football I pay with cash.
If I could pay the fishman with card I probably would but I don't mind paying with cash.
And regarding jobs off book if I pay the person or get paid myself then cash is the way forward. It's nice to be a good c**t .
On night outs I prefer using cash. Taxi home also I use cash.

Pie at the football, fair enough.
I think nights out are the only time I'd say I genuinely prefer cash over card. Try and help keep the spending under control.

55 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Prossies
Drug Dealers
Hitmen
Church collection plates
Lapdancers

I kid you not, some of the things found in the begging bowl/bag as I like to call them are just completely random as f**k. :lol:

Winning lottery ticket of a tenner.

Pens, one of which was gold.

Watches.

Foreign coinage.

Empty wallet, was all they had to give? :lol:

Money saving coupons.

Pledges to do charity work.

I owe you notes.

Note saying they had given too much last week and can't afford this week.

Jewellery, some cheap some good and one was a diamond wedding ring, new with receipt?

The list goes on.:lol:

I don't like the idea of a world where there's no way to get by without being on the electoral roll, having 2 utility bills and a driving license and/or passport, and consequently a bank account, just to buy a cup of tea or get paid for a bit of gardening. Viva la economía negra!

The worst thing you could find in a church collection plate would be actual money, as it's more proof of how amazingly stupid some people are. Staggeringly stupid I mean.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The worst thing you could find in a church collection plate would be actual money, as it's more proof of how amazingly stupid some people are. Staggeringly stupid I mean.

For a church, cashless and using a card reader sounds good. Minimum donation set at £20 and no more kirby grips, buttons and the like. :lol:

To be honest people that put mad things into the begging bag feel the need to give something to the offering, even if it's all they have in their pocket at the time because they feel they have given something.

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Window cleaner
Paperboy
Paying for jobs not wanting on the books
Fish man
Football

Meh just 5

My window cleaner has a pocket card machine but I always pay by cash, he said 50p per transaction was the fee, he might have been laying it on thick of course but as I have cash in the house I always pay in cash, even if it was 20p I'd rather it went in his pocket rather than the banks. He's a decent guy although I've no idea what football team he supports so I maybe should enquire, if he supports the wrong team the bank might be getting a windfall. :whistle

3 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

I kid you not, some of the things found in the begging bowl/bag as I like to call them are just completely random as f**k. :lol:

Pens, one of which was gold.

Damned tiny font on this netbook  :angry:

5 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

That looks like the kinda link that our IT department warned us about. 

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That looks like the kinda link that our IT department warned us about. 

Tee hee - It's fine (Honest!)

Hello

This is just a note to let you know that we have updated our Privacy Policy - to make sure we’re being as clear as possible in terms of how we use your information. 

What has changed - and why? 

Here’s the section of the Privacy Policy that we’ve updated: 

To ensure Morrisons adverts you see on different websites are more relevant to you, we’ll now provide some anonymous information about you and your shopping habits to the organisations who place our online advertising. We gather this information from your More Card activity, website cookies and other similar technologies. It is then combined with data from other internet users to create audience profiles consisting of particular interests and characteristics.These audience profiles are used by our online advertisers to serve you adverts that are relevant to you and your interests. 

Your data will always be anonymous - we will not give your name, address, or contact details out to anyone, unless you have allowed us to do so. 

This change will take effect from Friday 18th August. For more information on the types of data used for this purpose, see our Cookie Policy (please note that we’ve updated this too). If you’d like to change your marketing preferences, you can do sohere. 

Thank you for shopping at Morrisons, 
Your Morrisons Team

Archived