Newmains United Comm. FC 17/18

kevinmuirhead

This weekend is our annual tournament featuring Albion Rovers, Cambusnethan Talbot, Rosshall Thistle and ourselves. Games played over Saturday and Sunday at Victoria Park.

This Wed we play Maryhill 1915 kick off at Toryglen.

Thursday 27th July we face Cumnock at home before playing Muirkirk away on 29th July. 

Our squad so far;

1. Conner Orr
2. Marc Howson
3. Anton Dunlop
4. Michael McDowell
5. Kyle Meaney
6. Darren Muldoon
7. Dillon McLauchlin
8. Scott Steedman
9. Jay Burns 
10. Ben Fitzpatrick
11. Lee Shankie
12. Darren Hunter
14. Joshua Bell
15. Sibu Nhlapo
16. Steven Anderson

Still around 10 players in on trial so look out for more signing news this week!

1. Conner Orr 21
2. Marc Howson  25
3. Anton Dunlop 17
4. Michael McDowell 20
5. Kyle Meaney 19
6. Darren Muldoon 19
7. Dillon Mclaughlin 19
8. Scott Steedman 21
9. Jay Burns 19
10. Ben Fitzpatrick 17
11. Lee Shankie 28
12. Darren Hunter 28
14. Joshua Bell 17
15. Sibu Nhlapo 24
16. Steven Anderson 25

Michael is doing ok, but daft in the head at times! 

55 minutes ago, hillslad said:

Haha, lot of youngsters there Kevin, good luck with them all and hope you do well this season.

Thanks mate, it's a very fit squad this year, we saw that against Maryhill last week who are always a fit team, hopefully the chance to move on to bigger things sticks in their head and they go and prove themselves every week, all you can ask of a team so young

• 2 weeks later...

Decent performance last night against Shotts 2-0 down after 30 mins but fought back to 2-2 at half time. Finished 4-3 to Shotts but they had to work hard to see it out. Plenty of men behind the ball and bit of time wasting in final ten mins to see it out. We are a very young squad but the fitness levels are outstanding, if we can take our performance against Maryhill, Muirkirk and Shotts forward then we may just turn a few heads this year, always about being consistent and that's the hardest part with youngsters. 

1st post from me, yes I thought you deserved at least a draw in the game, no lack of effort from all your young players, I felt a bit sorry for your 2 young centre backs going off injured, they were doing well when suffering their injuries, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and will definitely be back to see newmains again.

Archived