Dodgy transfer dealings

kenny131

Getting back to the real topic and avoiding the petty nonsense are there any  precedents of tribunal decisions over development fees between junior clubs in Scotland?Anyone have any info on awards made etc?

I'm pretty sure that after retention was done away with, there was some sort of ruling brought in for this sort of situation, I think it comes in if a player is under a certain age , panel decides if clubs can't agree fee, decision based on players weekly wage over season and what club payed for player, I could be wrong though.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch these alleged principles go out the window if KL are having a good season and get drawn against any of the teams you claim to boycott in the Scottish 1/4s / semi etc.

Just nonsense attention seeking posts.

Obviously you don't know me as I'm not the attention seeking type . Also not trying to create any aggro . Just stating a point & sticking up for my club
Whether you believe that is neither here or there to me .
Last comment from me on this until the result of the tribunal . I've stated my point

It seems strange this has become a contentious issue on either side.

He was at ladeside for a very small period of his career. I can't see a development fee being very high at all. Either kilbirnie are being unrealistic in recognising this or pollok are being cheap and not paying a small fee.

• 2 months later...

What are your thoughts on this scenario. 

Player signs for club  on a free in May.  Things don't work out and he asks away in August. Club agrees a fee with another one and in the middle of negotiations it's becomes obvious that the player signed an amateur contract with original club. 

Buying club agree to pay what is asked. 

Is this normal? 

59 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Adam has worked well for Lok but has some strong competition up front with the two McCanns, Stefan, Little,  Prentice, Heppy and McKenzie!

How is Nicky doing at Pollok? Maybe we should also be claiming a development fee as he came to us from underage football (Campsie Black Watch).

Not really interested in who paid what, just surprised it took so long to sort out.

Not really if you look at some of the more famous senior ones of transfers that happened during summer windows

Liverpool signed Ings and the fee wasn't agreed until the following April

Dundee United signed Telfer and that wasn't decided until the December

Not really if you look at some of the more famous senior ones of transfers that happened during summer windows

Liverpool signed Ings and the fee wasn't agreed until the following April

Dundee United signed Telfer and that wasn't decided until the December

I'm just intrigued as to what would happen if the buying club were to turn around after the tribunal and say they don't have the money to pay the fee.

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

How is Nicky doing at Pollok? Maybe we should also be claiming a development fee as he came to us from underage football (Campsie Black Watch).

Started really well then fell out the team but has came off the bench in the last few games and has done well. I think he's excellent but with Butch, Hepburn and the McCann brothers all decent in the wide areas he'll have to take his chances when he gets them. 

2 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Can't claim it after the season of his 24th birthday, which fell in his time with yourselves.

Archived