Craig Whyte's £5m Payout

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15413651.Craig_Whyte_in_line_for___5m_liquidation_payout_as_HMRC_is_set_to_lose_out_on_Rangers_tax_case_payback/

I don't understand all the legal jargon, but it appears Mr Whtye might be getting a pay day unlike the HMRC. This case must have cost HMRC a fortune, and all for nothing! A Pyrrhic victory, indeed!

1 hour ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Just read on a fan's site that Whyte, now cleared of fraud, has reinstated his claim over the assets of the Ibrox club. Any more info? How does this work?

How can he lay claim over the assets if they were seized by the HMRC from his club/company during the liquidation process. He didn't pay the clubs bills and fell victim to the insolvency laws which took the assets and sold them off to pay for the clubs debts. Non starter imo.

2 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

How can he lay claim over the assets if they were seized by the HMRC from his club/company during the liquidation process. He didn't pay the clubs bills and fell victim to the insolvency laws which took the assets and sold them off to pay for the clubs debts. Non starter imo.

Didn't he sell the claim to Worthington group?

The herald has a paywall so pointless clicking on it.

59 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15413651.Craig_Whyte_in_line_for___5m_liquidation_payout_as_HMRC_is_set_to_lose_out_on_Rangers_tax_case_payback/

I don't understand all the legal jargon, but it appears Mr Whtye might be getting a pay day unlike the HMRC. This case must have cost HMRC a fortune, and all for nothing! A Pyrrhic victory, indeed!

I suspect HMRC were setting a precedent.  Rangers are small fry.

40 minutes ago, The DA said:

I suspect HMRC were setting a precedent.  Rangers are small fry.

Maybe so, I'll suppose we'll never know the cost of the Rangers case, but we'll probably hear about what they collect from other EBT operators.

Internet rumours so take it as you will but it's said that that the real target is English premiership clubs who owe a hell of a lot more than rangers.
Now they have a 5 judge decision in their favour it is far simpler to demand the money from them. Rangers in this instance were just a tester for HMRC

8 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Why would Whyte need a paltry £5m if he's got wealth off the radar?

Here's a little reminder of one of Keith Jackson's many bullshit articles.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/craig-whyte-profile-the-scots-billionaire-1076110

I laughed at this bit?

First, a consortium headed up by South African-based tycoon Dave King came to the fore only to fail to meet Murray's asking price

What?, he couldn't even afford a pound?, a whole shiny pound coin? :lol:

And again...

They had put together a package worth around £18m but this was flatly rejected and Ellis drove the price up when he agreed to pay Murray more than £30m.

But still it got punted off for a poond, :lol:

Also worth noting!, there isn't a shred or even remotely a mention of this mythical company that owned and was allegedly operating the club that was in crisis hampering the clubs ambitions. I would have thought he'd have typed something along the lines of the clubs company is having a financial nightmare because the greedy b*****ding club was wanting more than the company could give. But then again 2010 was a different era and clubs were companies that traded in football related activities and didn't have a company that allegedly owned and operated them, I thought the clubs had owners who ran and operated them but then again I might be wrong!, NOT. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Correct then Green transferred them to his Sevco.

If Green's transfer of assets proves to be naughty, I wonder if we could see him in the dock next.  If so, I'll bid a quid for his castle in Normandy.

2 hours ago, The DA said:

If Green's transfer of assets proves to be naughty, I wonder if we could see him in the dock next.  If so, I'll bid a quid for his castle in Normandy.

let's face it - every single day sees something iffy emerging from the corpse of Rangers 1873 and the re-animate zonie version of 2012....

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

RFC have more chance of winning the Champions League than I have of getting a £5m payout from oldco! Complete nonsense from @Martin1Williams

Seems like this is more Jabba BS then, deflecting of the real truth at it's finest.

The really hilarious thing about this is that if Whyte's claim is upheld then and assets were stolen from him by Green, then they WOULD be returned to him as the current owners would not have taken due diligence. 

Whyte always said he would return a hero.

Archived