Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

Dropped points for neilston and Rossvale today 

neilston game was very frustrating jist couldn’t get started against ek ... some amount of time wasting was going on by ek but in a whole he fully deserved there point 

st roch and bens ticking along nicely 

congrats to wishaw also!! But by fook they are going to hv a hectic couple months with the west being played on a sat and two Scottish semis at weekend  that eliminates another 3 sats for them going to be chaos 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, combineharvester said:

congrats to wishaw also!! But by fook they are going to hv a hectic couple months with the west being played on a sat and two Scottish semis at weekend  that eliminates another 3 sats for them going to be chaos 

Take it Wishaw won't be asked to midweek before a Scottish Junior cup semi final.  So that 3 Saturday's out plus two midweeks. Not forgetting the Central League Cup. That's at least 23 games starting from next Saturday. Should be interesting to see how it plays out for Wishaw regarding a league challenge.

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

Take it Wishaw won't be asked to midweek before a Scottish Junior cup semi final.  So that 3 Saturday's out plus two midweeks. Not forgetting the Central League Cup. That's at least 23 games starting from next Saturday. Should be interesting to see how it plays out for Wishaw regarding a league challenge.

Never thought  about the midweek scenario mibbie make them play the Monday and free on the wed b4 hand 

Considering Wishaw's confidence must be sky high and they haven't phoned the East of Scotland league by now (or have they?) you've got to think Wishaw might blow this league wide open with a few wins. Easter will be a memory before Wishaw get going in the league and yet those 10/11 games in hand going Wishaw's way would put them out in front.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's Easter cleared and Rossvale and Benburb still way out in front. Rossvale on 44 pts with 20 games played. Although with 8 games left for Rossvale only 1 of the remaining games is at home! Wishaw with only 8 games played and 18 pts are now looking towards the end of April before starting a league campaign. Wishaw with 12 games in hand to Rossvale might well still fancy having a go at a top four placing. Time will tell. I'll go for Rossvale and Benburb staying in first and second place with the points in the bag but with the Wishaw factor to decide who comes in third and fourth.

Not being hard on other clubs but with many of them not having reached the halfway stage it's hard to judge the final outcome although even at this stage it ain't looking too good for Lesmahagow.

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Well that's Easter cleared and Rossvale and Benburb still way out in front. Rossvale on 44 pts with 20 games played. Although with 8 games left for Rossvale only 1 of the remaining games is at home! Wishaw with only 8 games played and 18 pts are now looking towards the end of April before starting a league campaign. Wishaw with 12 games in hand to Rossvale might well still fancy having a go at a top four placing. Time will tell. I'll go for Rossvale and Benburb staying in first and second place with the points in the bag but with the Wishaw factor to decide who comes in third and fourth.

Not being hard on other clubs but with many of them not having reached the halfway stage it's hard to judge the final outcome although even at this stage it ain't looking too good for Lesmahagow.

Although Rossvale have 7 out of their 8 remaining games away from home. They only have one of the current top 6 to play (Neilston), as well as an away game to Wishaw.  Most of the others in the top 6 still have play each other at least once, so somethings got to give. 

5 hours ago, DanMan said:

Although Rossvale have 7 out of their 8 remaining games away from home. They only have one of the current top 6 to play (Neilston), as well as an away game to Wishaw.  Most of the others in the top 6 still have play each other at least once, so somethings got to give. 

Correct, i'd regard Rossvale and Benburb finishing first and second as a safe bet. There's used to be theory 2 pts per game plus 2 got you promotion. This year that would be 58 pts. Think most who got over the 2pts plus 2 per game in nearly ever case over the last 15 years of this league ended up winning the league. Rossvale on 44 pts with 8 games left are closing in fast on the 58 point mark.

Something that yesterday on cup duty which might have went unnoticed. Wishaw beat Port Glasgow in the Central League Cup. Not a big deal any other time but with Wishaw not due to play any of the 20 outstanding league games until post April 21st this adds to the fixture chaos. Starting this Saturday Wishaw have 23 games to play. Should Wishaw get a result in the Scottish Junior Cup and we all wish them the best of luck regarding that, then Wishaw will still have 22 games outstanding!!!

Regarding Wishaw's league campaign, when it starts, as being a step too far for Wishaw by some commentators. Wishaw have played 8 league games so and have notched up 18 pts. Even with a winter freeze out Wishaw are still sitting in the middle of the league and within a fortnight will have 16 games in hand v Rossvale. I'm still not convinced Wishaw are completely out of the promotion race. Could Wishaw get 30/40 pts out of a possible 60 up for grabs? Winning the league? nope but third or four, let's see. 

Neilston and the candy could benefit with all teams around them still in cup ... big big week coming up with the bens at home to both neilston and st rochs in space of 3 days .... bens looking gd with the mclaren giving them new lease of life since turn of year ... but somethings got to give between all teams involved 

bissness end of season is about who holds nerve let it commence starting on wed 

Midweek blitz started and Neilston going away to Benburb and winning 4-1 must be the result of the night. Add to that the East Kilbride Thistle v Rossvale game being postponed and it makes to an interesting night. Next big match well worth a look is Benburb v St Roch's at New Tinto Park on Saturday.

The Yoker v Port Glasgow game was real end-to-end stuff.  Port started well, played some lovely stuff, and had the better of the first half.   Could have been more of a 1 goal lead at halftime if one of those contentious offside decisions had gone their way.  The Yoker players must have been given a rocket at the break as they really stepped up in the second 45.  A triple substitution saw Yoker take complete control of the game and totally dominate proceedings.  They scored a glorious equaliser and Port have their keeper to thank for taking a share of the points - including a spectacular double-save. Hats off to Port Glasgow, though, for seeing out the game after two sendings off!

I'm a 'new arrival' to Junior football and have to say that I'm hugely impressed by the quality on show and the entertainment value as well.  There were only a handful of supporters there last night and it deserved so much more than that.

21 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

For the Bens v Roch game?

A few factors might lead to a decent crowd. Firstly, the Old Firm not playing till Sunday.  Secondly, St Rochs are carrying a big away support to most games and finally I might just go myself. 

39 minutes ago, Taxman said:

I just about saw the equaliser due it being dark lol We tried to get the ref to ko at 6.30 but he wasn't having it.

Yes, should have been a 6.30 kick off.  The playing surface was also a problem.  Both teams looked to try and pass the ball but the conditions - cold wind too - played havoc.  Still, a really good game and, as I said, deserving of a much bigger crowd.

55 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

A few factors might lead to a decent crowd. Firstly, the Old Firm not playing till Sunday.  Secondly, St Rochs are carrying a big away support to most games and finally I might just go myself. 

From St Rochs official twitter

Huge top of the table clash at Benburb on Saturday if you fancy going and don't have transport then contact our friends over on the 1920 St Roch’s Supporters Club on Facebook or Twitter who are running a bus to the... facebook.com/StRochsFC/post…

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

From St Rochs official twitter

Huge top of the table clash at Benburb on Saturday if you fancy going and don't have transport then contact our friends over on the 1920 St Roch’s Supporters Club on Facebook or Twitter who are running a bus to the... facebook.com/StRochsFC/post…

Hopefully see you there

Archived