Jump to content
Ryso Mac

Central 1st Division 2017-18

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Tetchy. It was a reasonable post - its not just about the Cup, they should have been requesting alternate league fixtures.

Indeed that may be true also, however so should have forth as given that there are 15 teams in the league then one of the two would have had to miss out on a fixture. so which one would the league have given preference to, to play a league game and how would this have been decided?  In addition the response does not address the major part of the response.  I am sure wishaw would have been delighted had the league left the game v benburb as a provisional fixture for this weekend coming, but given it is to be dry (presuming the forecast is correct) then I would presume the game stands a high chance of going ahead this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Point of information -

The West J.F.A. doesn't do 'provisional' fixtures.

We are required to attempt to  play the 'official' fixture being  the Scottish Junior Cup tie. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Theapprentice said:

So OK - lets think about this - Wishaw have had two games since the beginning of December = No money coming in:

Scottish Cup Rules - Half Gate between the two teams - say that 100 people attend = £500.00 income

Less the Ref and the Linos (Cant remember the exact money for this round so gone for 50 each) = 150.00

Remaining Funds: 175.00 per club

Before having to pay players and not forgetting the no income scenario from the catering etc.  I am sure Forth would want a significant income from them from the game as I believe you just sold your main player to Benburb because you needed the money.

So lets say Ravenscraig is the chosen 4g venue - cost of pitch is £150.00 - so Wishaw make £25.00 and Forth Make 87.50.  I am sure that will pay two Wishaw players team but not sure about how many of the forth team from 87.50.

I am sure that no club in their right mind can afford, having as many games still to be played, whilst still incurring expenditure would do this - although as you are so concerned about Wishaw effecting Forth's survival chances - I am sure that your club would offer to split the cost of the hire of a 4G surface and then both clubs can sit there and cross their fingers it doesn't snow and that is off as well.  Although it is also interesting to note that since August Forth have had eight games off at home according to the SJFA website and Wishaw have had seven postponements at home.  "wait and see" approach from forth then eh?

I know for a fact that Wishaw have worked non stop on the pitch to try and get the game playable but have been thwarted at every opportunity, I was told that the pitch was playable on the Wednesday last week but the heavy rain on Thursday/Friday and Saturday morning left it with no chance.

I am sure both clubs are desperate to get the game on and played but ill-informed posts like the one quoted helps no-one.

Didn’t say that all the stops weren’t pulled out to get the game on at Wishaw. Passive in the sense there was no plan b. It’s a financial catch 22 but sometimes you have to be proactive to get the game on.

Examples would be :

Forth switching league match to Yoker

Forth switching league match to Benburb

Forth switching league match to Rossvale

Forth switching junior cup tie to Irvine.

Forth switching junior cup tie to JC at Carluke.

Hopefully game will be on this Saturday - sunshine all round at Wishaw with the upturn in the weather coinciding with the appointment of a new management team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, redstarbenhar said:

Didn’t say that all the stops weren’t pulled out to get the game on at Wishaw. Passive in the sense there was no plan b. It’s a financial catch 22 but sometimes you have to be proactive to get the game on.

Examples would be :

Forth switching league match to Yoker

Forth switching league match to Benburb

Forth switching league match to Rossvale

Forth switching junior cup tie to Irvine.

Forth switching junior cup tie to JC at Carluke.

Hopefully game will be on this Saturday - sunshine all round at Wishaw with the upturn in the weather coinciding with the appointment of a new management team.

We are not required to provide an alternative venue until the S.J.F.A. instruct us to do so. 

Whilst all the postponements have of course  been weather related, the specific circumstances have been different in each instance.

The position Forth Wanderers are currently experiencing vis a vis being able to play their home  fixtures is entirely different and they have our sympathy in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason King said:

Tetchy. It was a reasonable post - its not just about the Cup, they should have been requesting alternate league fixtures.

Hello Mr Secretary

Dont keep us in the dark-who is our new management team

Edited by black white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, black white said:

Hello Mr Secretary

Dont keep us in the dark-who is our new management team

We have appointed local man Derek Holmes as our new manager.  Derek has a wealth of senior experience having played for and coached with a number of clubs in both Scotland and England .

His assistant is Brian Crawford who also has played senior for several Scottish clubs and also at junior level including Shotts Bon Accord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi R

Is that a big lad from coltness aged about late 30s

 

Edited by black white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Theapprentice said:

I know for a fact that Wishaw have worked non stop on the pitch to try and get the game playable 

I see Newmains managed to get their game on though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JamesCanon said:

I see Newmains managed to get their game on though. 

...and very good for them that they managed to do so. 

However, the fact that they did has no relevance to our pitch and our circumstances but thank you for your interest - perhaps at some point we will see you at The Beltane.

If so, please feel free to introduce yourself.

I'm normally on the gate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Wishaw Secretary said:

...and very good for them that they managed to do so. 

However, the fact that they did has no relevance to our pitch and our circumstances but thank you for your interest - perhaps at some point we will see you at The Beltane.

If so, please feel free to introduce yourself.

I'm normally on the gate.

 

As one who may well have attended the fixture on at least two or three occasions that the game was due to be played, I think both sides of the issue have some merit. Personally, I think 'blame' or lack of it is not the issue. If you have two  opportunities to host a tie and can't, the FA should move the game to an appropriate venue, should one be available, deciding on the Monday where the game should be played the following Saturday. Home 'advantage' is something you either believe in, or not. but the right to it has to be secondary to getting a game played, especially with the next round done and dusted for everyone else by now. This is a general view, not specifically aimed at Wishaw, although whether, despite saying this, they take it personally, is for them to decide.

Edited by froggie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2018 at 17:06, froggie said:

As one who may well have attended the fixture on at least two or three occasions that the game was due to be played, I think both sides of the issue have some merit. Personally, I think 'blame' or lack of it is not the issue. If you have two  opportunities to host a tie and can't, the FA should move the game to an appropriate venue, should one be available, deciding on the Monday where the game should be played the following Saturday. Home 'advantage' is something you either believe in, or not. but the right to it has to be secondary to getting a game played, especially with the next round done and dusted for everyone else by now. This is a general view, not specifically aimed at Wishaw, although whether, despite saying this, they take it personally, is for them to decide.

There is no doubt in Junior football there is a massive advantage to be had from getting a plastic pitch and avoiding the fixture congestion. 

 

For every fixture the onus should maybe be on the home club to have a plastic pitch booked in reserve. Weather can ruin a club's season as much as events on the park and it is not right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rossvale's fantastic 8 straight league game winning streak finally came to an end at home v Shotts Bon Accord. Worth noting the last team to beat Rossvale way back nearly 5 months ago was funnily enough.......Shotts Bon Accord. The Wishaw v Forth cup tie was finally played although Wishaw are still yet to see a league fixture as next up is Yoker in the Junior Cup!!! Hopefully Wishaw get the breaks on the weather front and maybe finally get down to starting a league campaign before Easter. At the bottom end of the table Thorniewood United picked up 3 pts which won't go unnoticed by the teams beside them. No league games next week as everybody is on cup duty of one kind of another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:36, Theapprentice said:

Indeed that may be true also, however so should have forth as given that there are 15 teams in the league then one of the two would have had to miss out on a fixture. so which one would the league have given preference to, to play a league game and how would this have been decided?  In addition the response does not address the major part of the response.  I am sure wishaw would have been delighted had the league left the game v benburb as a provisional fixture for this weekend coming, but given it is to be dry (presuming the forecast is correct) then I would presume the game stands a high chance of going ahead this weekend.

The pitch didn't really matter yesterday. It could have been played in the playground, as it was handbags at dawn punctuated by the odd bit of football for the most part. I think the teams leaving the pitch at half time might be the cause of some...ahem...looking into

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good 1st win of the season for thorniewood. Port glasgow a tough place to go and come away with 3pts. Cotter will be delighted with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now into the middle of March and Rossvale and Benburb notching up two home wins respectively, keeping both clubs way out in front. Any neutral looking for a game next week should head up to Auchinairn Rd where Rossvale v Benburb is the top of the league clash. St Roch's move into 3rd place with a 6-3 home v East Kilbride Thistle.

A subject that has cropped up for those looking for one of the four top league places is the Clydebank scenario. As it stands the top three teams will go into level two of the new league set up in August, with a play off for the team coming 4th. Thing is, if Clydebank leave the Junior level as looks likely then what happens to the 4 leagues of 16 set up. Is it 3 leagues of 16 and a bottom league of 15? And if that's the case then the Central and Ayrshire district leagues will be eyeing that other spot in level 2. It will be interesting to see how the SJFA (West Region) solve this.

Edited by Glenconner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting aside from Saturday's Central League Division One, it was the first time since October that there was a full card.

Rossvale v Benburb ended in a 1-1 draw keeping both out in front. St Roch's and Neilston leading the chase for 3rd and 4th place are still out there.

And of course a mention should go to Wishaw going into the Scottish Junior Cup Quarter Final this week v Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, best wishes to them from everybody in Division One. On the league front Wishaw are looking at April to get going, it will certainly be interesting to see when Wishaw finally do get down to league duty. A few league wins would see them cause complete havoc at the top of the league with 10 games in hand against the league leaders!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Promotion chase continues this week with wishaw still not involved Rossvale benburb st rochs neilston all hopin to pull further away .... 

Hoping the farmers boys keep up the pressure at top with home win to ek 

fancy the roch to win at home to forth  by few goals 

and think top two Rossvale and bens will draw  in both there games ... more hope I think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Promotion chase continues this week with wishaw still not involved Rossvale benburb st rochs neilston all hopin to pull further away .... 

Hoping the farmers boys keep up the pressure at top with home win to ek 

fancy the roch to win at home to forth  by few goals 

and think top two Rossvale and bens will draw  in both there games ... more hope I think 

I think there is more pressure on Rossvale and Benburb this week, defo the 2 hardest games of the 4. Still think both will win, but there might be a surprise. Neilston and St Roch's would be bankers on the coupon for me. Forth aren't the same team without Wullie McLaren and EK were poor the week I saw them. Wouldn't be overly surprised if all 4 won tho   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I think there is more pressure on Rossvale and Benburb this week, defo the 2 hardest games of the 4. Still think both will win, but there might be a surprise. Neilston and St Roch's would be bankers on the coupon for me. Forth aren't the same team without Wullie McLaren and EK were poor the week I saw them. Wouldn't be overly surprised if all 4 won tho   

Jist goes to show a seen ek play bens at tinto and thought they were decent a lot of tough games in league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DanMan said:

I think there is more pressure on Rossvale and Benburb this week, defo the 2 hardest games of the 4. Still think both will win, but there might be a surprise. Neilston and St Roch's would be bankers on the coupon for me. Forth aren't the same team without Wullie McLaren and EK were poor the week I saw them. Wouldn't be overly surprised if all 4 won tho   

Think it will be tight at the top but if Benburb can get the best out of McLaren they will win the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×