Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

Jist for the record all this chat teams are entitled  to get one free week is absolute nonsense... 

All you can do is mibiibie request it but the sjfa( as much of a farce that they are at times) can chase you 

We hv to make them aware every season that up at neilston we cannot hv a home game  1st sat in may ... and that’s not even from us it’s the police that basically request it due to large event in the village ... but they prob could give us one cause there’s no common sense ... 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Holmes has left Wishaw.

“I’m a bit baffled by events to say the least but my close friends know there has been a bit of tension behind the scenes involving a certain individual who has been openly critical of my management. It’s disappointing but I prefer to go quietly rather than cause any stushie so I’ll leave it to Wishaw’s officials to issue a statement."

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 07:41, combineharvester said:

Jist for the record all this chat teams are entitled  to get one free week is absolute nonsense... 

All you can do is mibiibie request it but the sjfa( as much of a farce that they are at times) can chase you 

We hv to make them aware every season that up at neilston we cannot hv a home game  1st sat in may ... and that’s not even from us it’s the police that basically request it due to large event in the village ... but they prob could give us one cause there’s no common sense ... 

Do they burn the Wicker Man that day then? lol

Just before the big game to decide who wins the league tonight just wanted to say what a brilliant division this has been this season

Here we are in 3rd week in May with the title still up for grabs - only one of the relegation places confirmed and 3 teams with a chance of the play off place. Also one of our teams reaching last 4 of the big one for first time in who knows!!

Sometimes all we hear is negativity about our Grade but I am sure that fans in this division will agree that this league has been great entertainment with every team playing their part.

5 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Just before the big game to decide who wins the league tonight just wanted to say what a brilliant division this has been this season

Here we are in 3rd week in May with the title still up for grabs - only one of the relegation places confirmed and 3 teams with a chance of the play off place. Also one of our teams reaching last 4 of the big one for first time in who knows!!

Sometimes all we hear is negativity about our Grade but I am sure that fans in this division will agree that this league has been great entertainment with every team playing their part.

Well Said...  Consistency of the top 3 has been incredible, never really giving the others an opportunity. Getting lively at the bottom now as well

On 4 May 2018 at 09:58, tommyboy said:

I'm sure they'll be more than happy to discuss the club's business with the total stranger who follows their fortunes so closely on an internet forum. :)

You were saying.

On 18 May 2018 at 10:47, Jason King said:

“I’m a bit baffled by events to say the least but my close friends know there has been a bit of tension behind the scenes involving a certain individual who has been openly critical of my management. It’s disappointing but I prefer to go quietly rather than cause any stushie so I’ll leave it to Wishaw’s officials to issue a statement."

Two managers in 4 months?

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

I'll be surprised if 'a certain individual' isn't on here shortly to express his bafflement at Derek's bafflement. 

Meanwhile Elton's odds could be decent as Kevin Grant and the legend that is Rab Sneddon take the helm for tonight's match. :)

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/juniors/16234365.Managerial_roundabout_takes_another_turn_as_Derek_Holmes_vacates_Wishaw_hotseat/

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

3 wins out 11 league games     Baffled ??? 

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

I'll be surprised if 'a certain individual' isn't on here shortly to express his bafflement at Derek's bafflement. 

Meanwhile Elton's odds could be decent as Kevin Grant and the legend that is Rab Sneddon take the helm for tonight's match. :)

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/juniors/16234365.Managerial_roundabout_takes_another_turn_as_Derek_Holmes_vacates_Wishaw_hotseat/

Baffled at dereks bafflement 

won 3 v Shotts 6-0 Gow 5-0 Vics 4-2

drew 2 v Ross vale 0-0 Perthshire 1-1

lost 6 v Shotts 1-0 forth3-2 bens 6-1 Neilston 4-2 roch 2-1 ek 2-1 

11 points out possible 33 

Was a big ask after the historic Scottish Cup run to then go immediately into a 20 odd game run in 7 weeks. 2 managers in a few months sounds like a personality clash.

Fergie got 4 years at Man Utd before he won the FA Cup.

Well done Rossvale, tough league to win, probably a few if only moments for for teams this season, I know we have, but that's football and that's why we love it, see yous and St Rochs next season 

Saw the 2nd half at Rossvale tonight and the game and league title went down to the 90th minute as Port were awarded a penalty but saw it crash back off the post and the Candy crash to second place. To be honest, Rossvale were by far the better team with the number 7 and 2 goal number 8 stand outs. Saw Rossvale collect the cup (I think) through the mesh as I walked back to my car with half the crowd, a large percentage of whom were the Candy die hards. They didn’t have a very big home support for a league decider I thought... pity. I have no complaints though and good luck to them. The league doesn’t lie and in football, more often than not, you get what you deserve. Congratulations and see you next year. I didn’t want to play Petershill anyway.....

And as an aside, the wishae guys I spoke to after the game on Monday were moaning about their manager “no being able to manage a squad”.. I didn’t have time to debate... sounded like bad crack as they were the better team against us... there is no pleasing some people. Enjoy your summer everyone. It’s been a cracker... Kinky Afro out [emoji441][emoji652]️[emoji460]️[emoji106]

5 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

Saw the 2nd half at Rossvale tonight and the game and league title went down to the 90th minute as Port were awarded a penalty but saw it crash back off the post and the Candy crash to second place. To be honest, Rossvale were by far the better team with the number 7 and 2 goal number 8 stand outs. Saw Rossvale collect the cup (I think) through the mesh as I walked back to my car with half the crowd, a large percentage of whom were the Candy die hards. They didn’t have a very big home support for a league decider I thought... pity. I have no complaints though and good luck to them. The league doesn’t lie and in football, more often than not, you get what you deserve. Congratulations and see you next year. I didn’t want to play Petershill anyway.....

And as an aside, the wishae guys I spoke to after the game on Monday were moaning about their manager “no being able to manage a squad”.. I didn’t have time to debate... sounded like bad crack as they were the better team against us... there is no pleasing some people. Enjoy your summer everyone. It’s been a cracker... Kinky Afro out emoji441.pngemoji652.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

Agree with everything there but really rossvale don't expect to have big crowds having only formed about 6 or 7 years ago. Good to see a lot of neutrals tonight following the vale though

16 hours ago, A. Young said:

Baffled at dereks bafflement 

won 3 v Shotts 6-0 Gow 5-0 Vics 4-2

drew 2 v Ross vale 0-0 Perthshire 1-1

lost 6 v Shotts 1-0 forth3-2 bens 6-1 Neilston 4-2 roch 2-1 ek 2-1 

11 points out possible 33 

He also got to semi final of scottish cup. Lost by a goal over 2 legs and you were on social media slaughtering his tactics. An embarrassment. You hired the manager after john brogan left because of your interference. You should let your next manager do his job. All the guys that have come after you when you were manager have done a much better job. You are a  committee man, so concentrate on that

Archived