Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

15 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Another double up again i see.

Neilston back to winning ways today with a win over Blantyre Vics. That's only 1 defeat out of the last 14 for Neilston. No surprises at Lesmahagow with Rossvale running out winners. St Roch's 1-0 up and end up beaten 2-1. Benburb on cup duty. And not to be forgotten, Wishaw, making a very slow start on the 20 games with 1 pt so far from a possible 9. Start of the run Wishaw had a possible 78 point tally, that's now dropped to 70 at a time when the top 4 teams are bunching together in the run in.

Doest get any easier for wishaw think there away to bens mon and shire wed

plenty more points to be gained and dropped ... a decent squad and team spirit will see most teams pick up points with all the fixtures coming g thick and fast ...

Two real tough games for neilston and roch Monday with teams away to shire and Shotts respectively 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Doest get any easier for wishaw think there away to bens mon and shire wed

plenty more points to be gained and dropped ... a decent squad and team spirit will see most teams pick up points with all the fixtures coming g thick and fast ...

Two real tough games for neilston and roch Monday with teams away to shire and Shotts respectively 

Forth just shaded it today. Chances spurned for both sides. Wishaw not helped by cheap red card in first half for silly kick out right in front of ref.

Another Monday and more important fixtures 

bens vs wishaw .... massive game for both clubs bens lolol king to put pressure on top 4 and go top and wishaw struggling to get going in there long quest to be involved in the top 4 .... score draw 

Shotts vs roch ... although Shotts not in mx a lot of folk been impressed with them and Hannah park Neva easy to go to especially midweek... roch looking to bounce back after sats defeat ...score draw again  as I’m unsure of this one   Either team could sneak it 

shire vs neilston... shire hv few suspensions for tonight will be looking to add to there solid win at weekend ... neilston got back to winning ways at weekend beating a inform Blantyre .... narrow  away win

rossvale idle tonight so will be looking on  with interest with roch/neilston playin games in hand  and bens looking to go back to top of pile 

1 hour ago, combineharvester said:

bens vs wishaw .... massive game for both clubs bens lolol king to put pressure on top 4 and go top and wishaw struggling to get going in there long quest to be involved in the top 4 .... score draw 

Shotts vs roch ... although Shotts not in mx a lot of folk been impressed with them and Hannah park Neva easy to go to especially midweek... roch looking to bounce back after sats defeat ...score draw again  as I’m unsure of this one   Either team could sneak it 

shire vs neilston... shire hv few suspensions for tonight will be looking to add to there solid win at weekend ... neilston got back to winning ways at weekend beating a inform Blantyre .... narrow  away win

rossvale idle tonight so will be looking on  with interest with roch/neilston playin games in hand  and bens looking to go back to top of pile 

Would Benburb not need to win 7-0 to go top ??

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Grab what you can time again. Can St Roch's bounce back? I'll go for high scoring wins for Benburb and Neilston and a draw for the Candy.

Another twist...

worst ive seen from neilston this season but fair play to Perthshire came out 2nd half and could hv been more after school boy defending 

good wins for both bens and candy to pit wee bit breathing space between them self’s and neilston ...

wishaw hving major wobble since Scottish.  Now played 4 league games lost 3 drew 1

plenty more points to be dropped and won 

Not too sure what to make of Wishaw's present league form. To start out with a possible 60 points up for grabs and then drop 11 points within a week seems almost as though Wishaw have pressed the self destruct button. It's still possible Wishaw have enough games left to gather the 39 points needed to take them among the top four but a couple more weeks like this one would end any hopes.

Top 4 teams still out there trying to look towards grabbing what they can points wise and get into the high 50 point mark.

Next round Wednesday night.

Thought by now we would have someone looking like a big favourite.  Neilston possibly a little out of touch now,  and Wishaw have had a bad start to their run of games. 

That said anyone of the five could feasibly win the league.  Rossvale slight favourites but just one bad defeat could see them finish outside the top three.  Anything could happen now and looks like it will go right to the wire. 

Still think 60 is the magic number for promotion. 

10 hours ago, Homelessglasgow said:

Thought by now we would have someone looking like a big favourite.  Neilston possibly a little out of touch now,  and Wishaw have had a bad start to their run of games. 

That said anyone of the five could feasibly win the league.  Rossvale slight favourites but just one bad defeat could see them finish outside the top three.  Anything could happen now and looks like it will go right to the wire. 

Still think 60 is the magic number for promotion. 

Given Wishaw's current form, I think you can discount them. They would need a massive turnaround in fortunes to get back involved, especially as they have Neilston (twice) and the Roch still to play. They have already lost as many games as the top 4, infact they have lost more than Rossvale and St. Roch's already, but only played half the games. Its all up for grabs. Rossvale keep winning it's theirs. One slip up and .... who knows?? 

38 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Given Wishaw's current form, I think you can discount them. They would need a massive turnaround in fortunes to get back involved, especially as they have Neilston (twice) and the Roch still to play. They have already lost as many games as the top 4, infact they have lost more than Rossvale and St. Roch's already, but only played half the games. Its all up for grabs. Rossvale keep winning it's theirs. One slip up and .... who knows?? 

Wishaw have bottled it, great run of form in the cup to get to the cup semi but other that that haven't done sweet FA.  I wasn't there last night, but the last few games particularly the Shotts game was horrendous.  Obviously the players have believed there own hype and now think they are better than they are.  They better be watching over their shoulders though as relegation is still also possible!

Rossvale game frustrating to watch - also dont get why so many changes in the team game by game (never a fan of changing the back four every single game, full backs have to be Chris Martin and Liam O'kane, granted need two new centre halfs, who are actually centre halfs), fair enough later on in the fixtures but at least initially get the points on the board.  Not sure if its the new management team struggling to get wishaw going, or indeed if they lack the experience (ability) to do so or players not playing for him, or one miraculous cup run has them all thinking they are super stars and merely hiding from view a bang average squad who think they are better than they actually are.  

Not just Wishaw that should be looking over their shoulder although I think Wishaw will be fine at this point (I take the option to change my view if they pick up 1 point from their next 12), Forth are on a wee run and Shotts, EK and Greenock also need to take care. If Forth continue at roughly a point a game then they'll be close behind EK and Greenock and also within striking distance of Shotts.

Interesting times ahead.

Lesmahagow and Thorniewood should already be setting the satnav for Johnstone, Carluke and Lanark.

9 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Not just Wishaw that should be looking over their shoulder although I think Wishaw will be fine at this point (I take the option to change my view if they pick up 1 point from their next 12), Forth are on a wee run and Shotts, EK and Greenock also need to take care. If Forth continue at roughly a point a game then they'll be close behind EK and Greenock and also within striking distance of Shotts.

Interesting times ahead.

Lesmahagow and Thorniewood should already be setting the satnav for Johnstone, Carluke and Lanark.

As you say, anymore of this from Wishaw and it's the team's below them they might be looking at, not up the way.

Yoker have 8 games left, the majority of them at home so I'm obviously expecting a maximum return from them (optimistic I know) but we should finish higher up the table by the seasons end. We Have a big one against Rossvale on Saturday & will be looking for revenge for the gubbing they gave us earlier in the season. Still to play Neilston at home next Monday.

8 hours ago, Taxman said:

Yoker have 8 games left, the majority of them at home so I'm obviously expecting a maximum return from them (optimistic I know) but we should finish higher up the table by the seasons end. We Have a big one against Rossvale on Saturday & will be looking for revenge for the gubbing they gave us earlier in the season. Still to play Neilston at home next Monday.

Yoker and Blantyre must still be harbouring an outside chance of getting that playoff spot. 

9 hours ago, DanMan said:

I think there will be a couple of twists and turns yet. Agree Wishaw are all but out of it but at the same time if they could even just win even of their next ten they would be right in about it again. 

Archived