Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Who do people think the best team they have faced in the league so far are?
This could give an insight into who most people think deserve to win the league !

Truthfully the one team in this league this season i thought stood out regarding giving out a mauling was Wishaw at the Beltane. Proof of that was Wishaw's Scottish Cup run.

Do Wishaw deserve to win the league? Give me a shout in about 10 games time. By then we'll all know how it's looking.

3 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

This could give an insight into who most people think deserve to win the league !

Really tough question i think, as whilst we (St Roch's) have taken a few hidings...as a football fan, we generally tend to look at our own teams failings, rather than the merits of the opposition.

I hate Wishaw, nothing personal, but so many times i've been there to come back with my tail between my legs. Their 5-1 mauling of us, would indicate the best team...but again, i looked at ourselves that day...an for a whole lot of reason we made it easy for them.

Rossvale were very good when we beat them, and not too impressive when they beat us.

Bens in both games vs the Candy shoulda, coulda, woulda....and despite bossing the majority of both games, took 1 point from the encounters.

Neilston. They stole a point from James McGrory and last night...well they have already intimated they felt they deserved the draw last night.

I'd say Wishaw, but i cant wait till the return to either extinguish or extol that opinion. I think Rossvale are still favourites....but Neilston (until last night) form had been excellent.

Just glad to be in the mix.

Mon the Candy

5 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Ironically the best team I have saw this year are Shotts, who turned Rossvale over twice. Games v the top 4 + Wishaw, and Rossvale have been fairly even with no team managing 2 wins. This time next week it will all be a lot clearer.   

Wouldn’t say been stand out team as a lot of teams capable of taking points off each other 

performance wise 

St Rochs against us at there ground were decent Shid hv pumped us but couldn’t finish chances

and I’ll agree when we beat Shotts away I thought they looked decent outfit 

A tremendous league this season and shows how well us lower division clubs can perform week in and out.
There has been some terrific fixtures been and gone.

And several more to encounter before it all finishes.
The vales games vs shotts were sore ones.
Then we had a 9 man last minute loss to the candy.
Then of course we took a last minute point off the bens.

Last two fixtures were massive for us away to Neilston and wishaw.
Not lose either of these were very important but of course one win at either would have gave us a bit more breathing space, for a couple of days anyway.

Best team against ourselves has to be shotts, nullified our midfield and forward line simple.
Good luck to all the teams for their remaining fixtures this will run on for several weeks yet I am afraid.

Another team still capable of reaching 57 points is Blantyre Victoria. Wishaw still out there with 18 league games to play. Who's to say what the final placings might look like. 

Possible maximum points for a few teams.

Rossvale 64pts

Benburb 61 pts

St Roch's 65 pts

Neilston 64 pts 

Blantyre Vics 57 pts

Wishaw 73 pts

Still all to play for with Wishaw being able to drop say 15 points and still be looking to a top 4 spot.

13 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Another team still capable of reaching 57 points is Blantyre Victoria. Wishaw still out there with 18 league games to play. Who's to say what the final placings might look like. 

Rossvale 64pts

Benburb 61 pts

St Roch's 65 pts

Neilston 64 pts 

Blantyre Vics 57 pts

Wishaw 73 pts

Still all to play for with Wishaw being able to drop say 15 points and still be looking to a top 4 spot.

As I said previously, this time next week it will be a whole lot clearer. It's going to be some end to the season, Somebody has to miss out

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

Ironically the best team I have saw this year are Shotts, who turned Rossvale over twice. Games v the top 4 + Wishaw, and Rossvale have been fairly even with no team managing 2 wins. This time next week it will all be a lot clearer.   

Wasnt at the Shotts game, we edged it 2-1 and heard good things....have to look at Port Glasgow first of course, but travelling to Shotts for a Monday night game is a toughie now doubt!

We’ve not played wishaw yet and only played neilston once but for me Rossvale were best team we’ve played solid at the back and very fast from middle to front and play some decent football also thought Blantyre were very good a few weeks ago especially out wide

3 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Rossvale 64pts

Benburb 61 pts

St Roch's 65 pts

Neilston 64 pts 

Blantyre Vics 57 pts

Wishaw 73 pts

Think the total for auto promotion will be around 57-60 

neilston and wishaw still to play twice 

neilston and Blantyre at weekend also 

even at that think teams will drop points to others... as posted b4 going to be tasty end  

one game at a time is the only way 

6 hours ago, DanMan said:

As I said previously, this time next week it will be a whole lot clearer. It's going to be some end to the season, Somebody has to miss out

Clearer to certain extent. It's a grab as many points as you can and then watch for Wishaw and how they get on. The top 4 this week will still be in the top 4 next week.

Personally I think it is gona be a tough ask for wishaw with the amount of games to squeeze in, in a short period of time. They have had a fantastic season with the cup run and I wish them the best in the run in but hopefully not at the Candys expense.

For me easily Wishaw I thought they were excellent against us in a 5-1 drubbing and played some excellent football in contrast Benburb Neilston and shire for me are just long ball merchants and very ugly to watch and even harder to play against and that's not the kind of football I would pay on a weekly bias to watch yes they are effective at what they do and different styles can win games but I prefer my football on the ground not in the sky so for those reasons I hope the top 3 at the end are

1. St Rochs

2.wishaw

3.rossvale

3 hours ago, Taxman said:

Yoker thoroughly deserved their win especially on their 2nd half performance. They also had a perfectly good goal disallowed 1st half.

I have no real idea why that goal was disallowed. Especially since it looked like the ref had given it then changed his mind

Hoping neilston to bounce back at home to Blantyre after midweek loss... away team still with outside chance of top 4 finish ..... home win

gow vs Rossvale canny see anything other than away win  but wee heart hoping for gow  performance 

port vs st roch .... on paper the roch... port can be stuffy at times ... away win 

8 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Hoping neilston to bounce back at home to Blantyre after midweek loss... away team still with outside chance of top 4 finish ..... home win

gow vs Rossvale canny see anything other than away win  but wee heart hoping for gow  performance 

port vs st roch .... on paper the roch... port can be stuffy at times ... away win 

Another double up again i see.

Neilston back to winning ways today with a win over Blantyre Vics. That's only 1 defeat out of the last 14 for Neilston. No surprises at Lesmahagow with Rossvale running out winners. St Roch's 1-0 up and end up beaten 2-1. Benburb on cup duty. And not to be forgotten, Wishaw, making a very slow start on the 20 games with 1 pt so far from a possible 9. Start of the run Wishaw had a possible 78 point tally, that's now dropped to 70 at a time when the top 4 teams are bunching together in the run in.

Archived