Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

51 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Interesting the first team to get its season over and done with has a .......... grass park.

The only two teams in the Super First who have completed their matches so far are Petershill and Renfrew - 3G pitches both of them.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statement from Rossvale Juniors

McBookie Central 1st Division
Friday 18th May

Rossvale fc - Port Glasgow Juniors fc - 7.30pm Kick Off

We would like to clarify our position and the reasons for the revised fixture date for our final league game of the season to ensure complete transparency.
We had originally (for a number of reasons) rejected a request from Port Glasgow to move the fixture from the Saturday 19th May date set by the West Region, the main ones being that we always endeavor to play every game on the date given to us and we have ourselves had to fulfil tough fixtures over the last few weeks with several players missing.
After some dialogue, we were then advised on Saturday 12th May by the West Region that the fixture will go ahead as planned and we therefore continued with all our plans and preparations to host on the 19th.
On Tuesday 15th we received further communication from the West Region that Port Glasgow were unable to field a team on the 19th, therefore the game would be forfeited, with 3 points and a 3-0 victory being awarded to us, hence crowning us league champions.
Our team manager together with our committee immediately rejected this proposal as it does not conform to our values as a club and we feel it is not good sportsmanship to win a league title in this manner after what has been a long, exciting and highly competitive season.
After meeting to discuss possible options to fulfill the fixture and a lot of negotiating to ensure all the fundamentals for a match day could be in place we proposed a revised date of Friday 18th at 7.30pm, and despite a number of hurdles and several aspects not being ideal for us as a club, not to mention some additional costs, we feel playing the game is the only possible solution to ensure the integrity of the league is upheld.

To confirm – Our final League fixture goes ahead at Huntershill sports complex on Friday 18th May with a 7.30pm kick off.

1 hour ago, valeman said:

Statement from Rossvale Juniors

McBookie Central 1st Division
Friday 18th May

Rossvale fc - Port Glasgow Juniors fc - 7.30pm Kick Off

We would like to clarify our position and the reasons for the revised fixture date for our final league game of the season to ensure complete transparency.
We had originally (for a number of reasons) rejected a request from Port Glasgow to move the fixture from the Saturday 19th May date set by the West Region, the main ones being that we always endeavor to play every game on the date given to us and we have ourselves had to fulfil tough fixtures over the last few weeks with several players missing.
After some dialogue, we were then advised on Saturday 12th May by the West Region that the fixture will go ahead as planned and we therefore continued with all our plans and preparations to host on the 19th.
On Tuesday 15th we received further communication from the West Region that Port Glasgow were unable to field a team on the 19th, therefore the game would be forfeited, with 3 points and a 3-0 victory being awarded to us, hence crowning us league champions.
Our team manager together with our committee immediately rejected this proposal as it does not conform to our values as a club and we feel it is not good sportsmanship to win a league title in this manner after what has been a long, exciting and highly competitive season.
After meeting to discuss possible options to fulfill the fixture and a lot of negotiating to ensure all the fundamentals for a match day could be in place we proposed a revised date of Friday 18th at 7.30pm, and despite a number of hurdles and several aspects not being ideal for us as a club, not to mention some additional costs, we feel playing the game is the only possible solution to ensure the integrity of the league is upheld.

To confirm – Our final League fixture goes ahead at Huntershill sports complex on Friday 18th May with a 7.30pm kick off.

You couldn't get anymore sporting than that. Hopefully Rossvale get a big crowd along on Friday night.

Rossvale would have walked the game on Saturday what with the Port centre forward Prince Harry missing and their auld experienced Centre Half German Phil out too . It was even worse for them as the midfield general Megan’s Da was out with chest pains. He’s still out of Friday night but at least the Windsor boys are back in so they have a chance. Hopefully the young lad up top nicks a few and the old boy keeps the Vale out. That will get the Candy over the line. See you all there. [emoji460]️[emoji106]

35 minutes ago, Kinky Afro said:

Rossvale would have walked the game on Saturday what with the Port centre forward Prince Harry missing and their auld experienced Centre Half German Phil out too . It was even worse for them as the midfield general Megan’s Da was out with chest pains. He’s still out of Friday night but at least the Windsor boys are back in so they have a chance. Hopefully the young lad up top nicks a few and the old boy keeps the Vale out. That will get the Candy over the line. See you all there. emoji460.pngemoji106.png

Your opinion on what would have happened Saturday, makes Rossvale's gesture even more commendable 

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:

That statement from the Rossvale minister of propaganda raises more questions than provide answers

In what way mate. Call the league. Rossvale were awarded the game 3-0 League over. What exactly is your point???

Your opinion on what would have happened Saturday, makes Rossvale's gesture even more commendable 

I agree. There are some things though mate which can be said in the same way as “Well done” but with a little more creativity. [emoji106] They have their destiny in their own hands but Port were the only team to beat StR during the run in so they are bound to be a difficult opponent. Especially since they have the Royal contingent available now! [emoji6] Rossvale were the best side we played last season and I said so at the time. It is no surprise to me that they are where they are. What will be will be but I has been a great season for them. All the best to all concerned.

1 minute ago, Kinky Afro said:

I agree. There are some things though mate which can be said in the same way as “Well done” but with a little more creativity. emoji106.png They have their destiny in their own hands but Port were the only team to beat StR during the run in so they are bound to be a difficult opponent. Especially since they have the Royal contingent available now! emoji6.png Rossvale were the best side we played last season and I said so at the time. It is no surprise to me that they are where they are. What will be will be but I has been a great season for them. All the best to all concerned.

Indeed K.A. What will be will be. Top 3 all deserve praise for a fantastic season, just remains to be seen what order the finish in

3 quick points which are of interest to me ?
1. Why did port glasgow simply not request a free week like st rochs did for this weekend and if so why was this not granted ?
2. What are these " number of reasons" Rossvale could not move fixture to a later date ?
3 . What forced port glasgow into such a situation that they felt the need to forfit the match ?
Like I said more questions than answers

Just now, griffiti on the wall said:

3 quick points which are of interest to me ?
1. Why did port glasgow simply not request a free week like st rochs did for this weekend and if so why was this not granted ?
2. What are these " number of reasons" Rossvale could not move fixture to a later date ?
3 . What forced port glasgow into such a situation that they felt the need to forfit the match ?
Like I said more questions than answers

I think the majority of those questions should be directed to Port G mate. As for Vale I would assume that they didn't want to move it to a later date as they are involved in the Cup and could pick up injuries and suspensions for the biggest game of the season. I game they didn't even need to play. I think you leave your paranoia at the door, and be grateful your team still have a shot 

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

That statement from the Rossvale minister of propaganda raises more questions than provide answers

Reasons for why we wanted to fulfill fixture on the Saturday. 

Huntershill costs more midweek due to having to pay training let costs. Petershill went from £150 a game on the Saturday to £300 midweek. 

Time to set up, the guys who are setting up instead of having two hours on a Saturday, now have to rush home from work and have limited time. 

Fewer Club officials available on Friday night, all available on Saturday. 

People moved worked commitments around to be available and now having to change them. 

People had opportunities to go to Cup Final and because they made commitment to play/officiate in all the games made sure they were going to be there. 

Staffing levels at Huntershill need to be increased, Friday nights one works there, but when it's really busy they put two on say a Saturday morning and afternoon. 

Just a few reasons, no conspiracies. This is semi professional football and things should be done right. 

Tbf and Rossvale will be the first to admit it, they haven't got the biggest support in the Juniors but a nice Friday night in May and League decider could easily bring out 200/300. The biggest support there might well be a third party. So what happens once the magic first 100 get into those two cages. Do Rossvale turn everybody else away?

15 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Tbf and Rossvale will be the first to admit it, they haven't got the biggest support in the Juniors but a nice Friday night in May and League decider could easily bring out 200/300. The biggest support there might well be a third party. So what happens once the magic first 100 get into those two cages. Do Rossvale turn everybody else away?

Why so negative we are a brand new Club, we don't have money to buy land when land in Bishopbriggs can cost up to a million pounds an acre in the area. We are at the mercy of the Council so are fighting on more fronts than most. As I am sure Rob Roy will confirm EDC are not the easiest people to deal with. So with all we dealing with to be where we are is down to a phenomenal amount of work done by committee, both at Junior and Club level, mananagement, and a great group of players. 

The Club knows where the issues are but success puts pressure on the Council to make the changes needed especially as we pay them about £80,000 a year. 

It's pleasing that 99% of people are supportive and positive towards the Club. 

Personally I think it is a commndable gesture by Rossvale and they deserve credit 

This situation should never have arisen though as Port requested a FREE week - the same as other teams have over the season - nothing to do with either club how this situation has arisen

It' a pity the biggest game of season  has been overshadowed.

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win 

The other side to this story

contacted rossvale committee  last Thursday asking if game could be played Monday Wednesday or Friday , was told by  rossvale secretary  that they wanted to have game changed but it was manager who insisted this would be played on Saturday. 

contacted sjfa  , explained why we could not play on Saturday as only 6 players avialable , due to wedding and communion for players to attend .

Explained rossvales response and was told by sjfa that game would be changed this was on Friday last week. and would be played Saturday 26th 

contacted sjfa on Monday and was told by sjfa game is going ahead as they had been informed our players were attending  Scottish cup game CFCvs Mfc.  I went absolute mental and also informed of clubs having a free week recently st Rochs and Benburb 

without been disrespectful too the above clubs  .  Was told meeting between sjfa  then they would make decision.

We could not fulfill the Saturday fixture  but push came to shove we would have taken 

this all the way  and  appealed rather than give up to a 3-0  win for not playing .

also  it's incredible that we have a 3G pitch and have not played in the last 2 weeks 

when this fixture could have been played , 

Port  Glasgow in the 10 years I have been here have never asked for a game to be postponed  or to have a free week ,  played with 4 Trialist no subs  . 

Accomodated most teams in reversing fixtures due to parks not been playable  through out the bad weather we have  in the season.

changing fixture time for teams to arrive midweek . 

What have we done wrong ?

Maybe it's time to stop been mr nice guys  . 

Archived