Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things are moving on now and look a little clearer.  http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/165/

Rossvale's win last night all but guarantees them promotion. The title itself should be decided on the 19th when Rossvale play their last game at home to Port Glasgow.  

Wishaw's backlog obfuscates things a little but they would have to go on a hell of a run to get an automatic promotion spot. As it stands they can bag 65 points if they win all thirteen of their remaining games. That's maybe a bit unrealistic so maybe winning nine or ten and aiming for the play-off spot that Neilston currently occupy is a bit more achievable.  

Neilston's form has been poor of late but they will be hoping to win their last four and leave Wishaw with little margin for error. Neilston hosting Wishaw on Saturday is a crucial tie for both clubs. 

St Roch's and Benburb are looking likely for promotion alongside Rossvale. St Roch's go to Thorniewood tomorrow and Benburn host Lesmahagow on Saturday. Victory for both teams would take them to 59 and 58 points respectively and you would have to think that would be them all but there.  

game day 

thorniewood vs roch... the candy can pretty much in my eyes secure a top 3 finish tonight with win at thorniewood ... away win

Nxt two ties quite evenly matched 

yoker vs neilston ... yoker hv decent  home record and hard to break down... neilston basically hv 4!cup finals starting tonight to hv any outside chance of top 3(still need favours tho).. lost of form has seen them lose ground and even puts 4th place at risk ... narrow away win 

wishaw vs Blantyre ... wishaw looking for 3 wins on the spin to put heat on top 4 ... Blantyre hav outside chance of 4th and hv been decent of late ... score draw 

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Yoker vs neilston ... yoker hv decent  home record and hard to break down... neilston basically hv 4!cup finals starting tonight to hv any outside chance of top 3(still need favours tho).. lost of form has seen them lose ground and even puts 4th place at risk ... narrow away win 

wishaw vs Blantyre ... wishaw looking for 3 wins on the spin to put heat on top 4 ... Blantyre hav outside chance of 4th and hv been decent of late ... score draw 

Think it's too much of gap for Wishaw to catch Neilston especially if Neilston can win the next two games.

A more realistic story is Forth catching up with and passing East Kilbride Thistle and Greenock at the bottom end of the league.

At the top end of the league Rossvale can book the pipe band and a league flag now for the final game. 

After two performances which suggest that the post-Scottish slump is well and truly over,Wishaw face a sterner test when Gibby brings an in-form Vics side to the Beltane tonight.

In what should be a competitive game,I hope to see a resurgent Wishy collect all three points.

Well that's another midweek blitz gone. Still trying to work out if Neilston are attempting a football version of Hari Kari. Talk about if buts and maybe's. Bottom line is Neilston will need to beat Wishaw possibly twice to put a stop to any panic setting in. I'm so curious i'll be making my way through to Brig O Lea on Saturday to see this one. Wishaw 3 games and 15 goals scored, seem to be on fire. This game deserves a good crowd.

St Roch's now in second place 2 points behind leaders Rossvale with the final Candy game of the season next Monday night against, wait for it, Wishaw.

16 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Well that's another midweek blitz gone. Still trying to work out if Neilston are attempting a football version of Hari Kari. Talk about if buts and maybe's. Bottom line is Neilston will need to beat Wishaw possibly twice to put a stop to any panic setting in. I'm so curious i'll be making my way through to Brig O Lea on Saturday to see this one. Wishaw 3 games and 15 goals scored, seem to be on fire. This game deserves a good crowd.

St Roch's now in second place 2 points behind leaders Rossvale with the final Candy game of the season next Monday night against, wait for it, Wishaw.

I think the big question now is who will get the play-off with the automatic spots all but decided.  Neilston just need to try and get the points on the board and hope Wishaw can't reach them.  Wishaw would have to win eight or nine of their remaining twelve games to get fourth.  

With first place still to be won too there is still plenty life left in the league. 

Maximum points and games left for some the teams in the run in.

Rossvale 61 pts, 1 game left, maximum pts 64 

St Roch's 59 pts, 1 game left, maximum pts 62

Benburb 55 pts, 2 games left, maximum pts 61

Neilston 46 pts, 3 games left, maximum pts 55

Wishaw 29 pts, 12 games left, maximum pts 65

16 minutes ago, Homelessglasgow said:

I think the big question now is who will get the play-off with the automatic spots all but decided.  Neilston just need to try and get the points on the board and hope Wishaw can't reach them.  Wishaw would have to win eight or nine of their remaining twelve games to get fourth.  

With first place still to be won too there is still plenty life left in the league. 

Slight problem for Neilston is the present 17 point gap with Wishaw could become 11 points if Wishaw beat Neilston twice.  Saturday will give us a clue to the likely outcome.

14 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Slight problem for Neilston is the present 17 point gap with Wishaw could become 11 points if Wishaw beat Neilston twice.  Saturday will give us a clue to the likely outcome.

Equally Wishaw could lose their next two games on the road to Neilston and St Roch's and the best they can achieve is 59 points. They've already lost three and drawn one out of seven away fixtures. 

I am trying to be as respectful to Wishaw as possible but being realistic they will do well to get a play-off. Their bad start to their run of games killed off their automatic hopes. 

Rossvale could also find themselves in the odd position if Wishaw were to go on a winning run.

Rossvale could reach 64 pts but then have to wait on Wishaw losing or drawing before getting the league title.

14 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Rossvale could also find themselves in the odd position if Wishaw were to go on a winning run.

Rossvale could reach 64 pts but then have to wait on Wishaw losing or drawing before getting the league title.

That's the absurdity of it all. It's possible - but unlikely - that Rossvale could even only end up getting a play-off spot. They get beat off Port Glasgow and Wishaw, St Roch's and Benburb could all end up ahead of them. 

There was case a couple of years back of a team getting a promotion place on paper but having to wait because another team had 9 games still to play. It only took one match for the team to draw and the story was over and the team promoted. The other team was left to play out 8 meaningless games in hand.

We need a right good boot up the arse and in big danger of giving up 4th place if we dnt get positive result. On sat ... wishaw will be on high for it and wee are in self destruct mode at moment ... we hv decent by home record  which hopefully see us ok sat .... 

massive week for wishaw they play sat mon wed sat all away from home  no disrespect but hoping teams do us at neilston a turn as we are throwing points away 

Maximum points and games left for some the teams in the run in.
Rossvale 61 pts, 1 game left, maximum pts 64 
St Roch's 59 pts, 1 game left, maximum pts 62
Benburb 55 pts, 2 games left, maximum pts 61
Neilston 46 pts, 3 games left, maximum pts 55
Wishaw 29 pts, 12 games left, maximum pts 65

12 league games left for Wishaw and we are in May is scandalous.

On 09/05/2018 at 08:31, combineharvester said:

game day 

thorniewood vs roch... the candy can pretty much in my eyes secure a top 3 finish tonight with win at thorniewood ... away win

Nxt two ties quite evenly matched 

yoker vs neilston ... yoker hv decent  home record and hard to break down... neilston basically hv 4!cup finals starting tonight to hv any outside chance of top 3(still need favours tho).. lost of form has seen them lose ground and even puts 4th place at risk ... narrow away win 

Hard to break down?? Not last night, thankfully neither were Neilston. Decent game for the few neutrals in attendance.

13 minutes ago, YAFC said:

Hard to break down?? Not last night, thankfully neither were Neilston. Decent game for the few neutrals in attendance.

Could hv been 10-10 last nite was awful for fans of respective clubs but would hv been a great fiver spent for any neutral there .... neilston could hv sneaked the draw but in a hole yoker deserved the points 

A wise man ( possibly Alec Young* ) once said that a week is a long time in fitba though,if someone had suggested to the dejected band of Wishy fans who trudged their weary way from Keppoch Park last Wednesday night that in the space of seven days their team would chalk up three impressive displays while scoring 15 and conceding just 2 goals in the process,I'm sure that his news would have been received with more than a tad of disbelief.

Yet,seven days down the line this is exactly what's happened with the added bonus that not only have the scoring touches returned,but the whole team seems to have rediscovered the energy,strength and determination that defined their early season performances.And of course the fact that after Saturday's match the side will be suspension free thus giving the Homeboy the luxury of making his team selection from a full complement..with the obvious exception of the unfortunate Liam...of players also provides an extra wee fillip.

Still some way to go but this group really does embrace the 'one game at a time' mantra and the focus is now fixed solely on the Neilston game on Saturday. :)

* I'll collect the free donuts tomorrow bud.;)

Archived