Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Not quite, St Roch's have a free Saturday this weekend.

Can't say this week has changed much. The top four last week are still the top four this week. Wishaw picked up a point to leave us still trying to figure out what's happened since the Junior Cup semi final.

It's not easy to understand what has happened with the Wishaw team since the Scottish Cup run. There may have been too many changes to the team selection in a short space of time; there is obviously an element of tiredness (plus the "adrenaline dump" after going out of the Scottish) and some of the boys do look as though they are running on empty - but they are still in there fighting - and it WILL come good again for them.

One thing that is for definite though........ the negative comments that are being shouted on from the side of the park, from people who should know better, (usually hiding in their little groups! - you know who you are!) are helping no-one (except the opposition!?).  Some people would do well to remember- and appreciate - that the efforts that this group of guys have put in so far this season - and will continue to put in - have brought great attention to the club, plus great media coverage. Maybe if they change THEIR attitude, and show more of the spirit that the team do, then it would start coming good again

Nothing is over yet........... Come on the Wishy

26 minutes ago, Didye Aye said:

It's not easy to understand what has happened with the Wishaw team since the Scottish Cup run. There may have been too many changes to the team selection in a short space of time; there is obviously an element of tiredness (plus the "adrenaline dump" after going out of the Scottish) and some of the boys do look as though they are running on empty - but they are still in there fighting - and it WILL come good again for them.

One thing that is for definite though........ the negative comments that are being shouted on from the side of the park, from people who should know better, (usually hiding in their little groups! - you know who you are!) are helping no-one (except the opposition!?).  Some people would do well to remember- and appreciate - that the efforts that this group of guys have put in so far this season - and will continue to put in - have brought great attention to the club, plus great media coverage. Maybe if they change THEIR attitude, and show more of the spirit that the team do, then it would start coming good again

Nothing is over yet........... Come on the Wishy

Correct, nothing is over till the fat lady sings.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:19, 21stcenturyboy said:

Think the Bens will have just exercised their right to a "free week" - my understanding is that all teams can request one during the course of the season - so no issue with it.

We (St Roch's) have requested the 19th off.p

And people wonder where Junior Football is going wrong. That is a shambles in all honesty, fixtures should be played when they are set. 

14 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Not quite, St Roch's have a free Saturday this weekend.

Can't say this week has changed much. The top four last week are still the top four this week. Wishaw picked up a point to leave us still trying to figure out what's happened since the Junior Cup semi final.

New Manager. ;)

8 minutes ago, RWcoach said:

And people wonder where Junior Football is going wrong. That is a shambles in all honesty, fixtures should be played when they are set. 

Problem being in St Roch's case they weren't set.

The Candy have to wait on Wishaw fixtures.

11 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Problem being in St Roch's case they weren't set.

The Candy have to wait on Wishaw fixtures.

If the candy have some "free time" maybe they could play a couple of Wishaw's games for them, lol...... I'm sure Wishaw could loan you their (third) strip :D ....... fixture congestion sorted!

Now, how do I apply for the fixtures man's job? ;)

4 minutes ago, Didye Aye said:

Haha, as in they maybe need a new manager HKP? 

Yes, why not try a sixth new management team...... that could be the answer :D

No, the question was, "whats happened to Wishaw" and my view is the previous manager got them to near top of the league, flying in cups and new manager maybe not settling in too well.

4 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

No, the question was, "whats happened to Wishaw" and my view is the previous manager got them to near top of the league, flying in cups and new manager maybe not settling in too well.

I like my interpretation better ;)

6 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Why did Wishaw change manager's in mid season? Couldn't  have been results.

I agree, I don't think it was anything  to do with results....... but you would need to ask one of the "jacket squad" for the answer to your question G :) 

7 minutes ago, Didye Aye said:

I agree, I don't think it was anything  to do with results....... but you would need to ask one of the "jacket squad" for the answer to your question G :) 

I'll ask them on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Didye Aye said:

Jacket squad ???? 

Did ye aye  

you were one of last managements biggest critics 

2 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Who won?

Finished 4-1 to St.Pats,and ,since the Ammys have been mentioned,anyone in possession of insulated clothing(min.650 fill) who wants a fitba fix tomorrow night,should head for NDP where the West of Scotland final between UB United and Colville Park kicks off at 7.15.

3 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Finished 4-1 to St.Pats,and ,since the Ammys have been mentioned,anyone in possession of insulated clothing(min.650 fill) who wants a fitba fix tomorrow night,should head for NDP where the West of Scotland final between UB United and Colville Park kicks off at 7.15.

There's only one United and that's an effin biscuit.

Archived