Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

3 hours ago, DavieM said:

Yes, should have been a 6.30 kick off.  The playing surface was also a problem.  Both teams looked to try and pass the ball but the conditions - cold wind too - played havoc.  Still, a really good game and, as I said, deserving of a much bigger crowd.

I was taking the goalposts down after the game & the middle of the pitch was really churned up, hopefully the groundsman will have it sorted for Saturday, we're at home to Neilston.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another big week in th division  at top of the pile 

bens vs roch .. will bens bounce back or roch continue there push ..... draw 

forth vs Rossvale .... venue switch mite suite vale better & forth struggling abit ... Rossvale win

yoker vs neilston ... pitch took pounding wed nite so could be scrappy neilston hoping to add to recent win at bens ... neilston win 

3 hours ago, combineharvester said:

forth vs Rossvale .... venue switch mite suite vale better & forth struggling abit ... Rossvale win

yoker vs neilston ... pitch took pounding wed nite so could be scrappy neilston hoping to add to recent win at bens ... neilston win 

Another reason why teams with 4g appear to have an advantage. 

10 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Wee double up, i see.

3 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Yeah jist unfortunately the neilston game was off ... 

took in the bens game it was like the reverse tie all over again 

Best hope is getting as many points as possible and then watch for the Wishaw factor kicking in.

15 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Best hope is getting as many points as possible and then watch for the Wishaw factor kicking in.

Definitely it’s going to kill the league with teams waiting weeks to play etc jist hope we hv enough points on board before it all kicks in 

Another wed night another fixture

both st rochs and neilston hv chance to play games in hand tonight  with bens and Rossvale idle 

neilston vs thorniewood .... any sort of win  for the farmers I’d take  

yoker vs st roch ... unsure of what pitch will be likeit’s been struggling of late with weather ...on paper st rochs win although few injuries pick up at weekend  

midweek challenges the depth of every teams squad 

19 hours ago, svejk said:
19 hours ago, Glenconner said:
Where exactly was last Saturday's Forth v Rossvale game played?

Indoor at Ravenscraig Sports Centre.

Interesting.

Makes you wonder why the likes of Wishaw haven't used it during the terrible weather we've had during the winter months. Come to think of it, why didn't Forth use it earlier?

Interesting.
Makes you wonder why the likes of Wishaw haven't used it during the terrible weather we've had during the winter months. Come to think of it, why didn't Forth use it earlier?

Cost?

Great result for neilston tonight and with the roch dropping points it reall does set it up for an interesting seven days to come at the top of the table,with neilston hosting both rossvale and St rochs with an away tie to East Kilbride on Monday night in between.

i know there is a lot of talk about the games coming thick and fast,some playing three games a week,at this stage in the campaign,but when your team are in the mix it makes for an exciting close to the season for us supporters

Wishaw couldn't have used ravenscraig indoor for their 13 postponed games for the following reasons:

First game was Yoker away in August:

next five games were Dundee away

The four Dundee games at home (one required pitch inspection and from what I was told it was a border line decision)

The other three Ravenscraig was already booked for games on the saturday - I was told the club had explored this option alongside the option of using the a 4G pitch..

Looking at the Roch's fixtures  - 6 fixtures scheduled (in 12 days) with another four unscheduled with 10 saturdays still available is a bit harsh

Nielston having 7 scheduled

wishaw have 5 scheduled partly because of cup and a free weekend on the 28th, although i suppose this will be a game against the loser of the cup game with Thorniewood/Forth but more interestingly for the Rossvale and Benburb, absolutely decisive fixtures in the league are scheduled midweek against Wishaw - surely possible promotion and league deciders should have been put on a saturday and played the more local ties to each club mid week.  By the looks of the Roch's twitter last night they made two early subs in the game which presumably were injuries these midweek games travelling to the other side of the city will no doubt lead to injuries which probablly could have been avoided with proper time for warm up etc.

22 hours ago, Theapprentice said:

Wishaw couldn't have used ravenscraig indoor for their 13 postponed games for the following reasons:

First game was Yoker away in August:

next five games were Dundee away

The four Dundee games at home (one required pitch inspection and from what I was told it was a border line decision)

The other three Ravenscraig was already booked for games on the saturday - I was told the club had explored this option alongside the option of using the a 4G pitch..

Looking at the Roch's fixtures  - 6 fixtures scheduled (in 12 days) with another four unscheduled with 10 saturdays still available is a bit harsh

Nielston having 7 scheduled

wishaw have 5 scheduled partly because of cup and a free weekend on the 28th, although i suppose this will be a game against the loser of the cup game with Thorniewood/Forth but more interestingly for the Rossvale and Benburb, absolutely decisive fixtures in the league are scheduled midweek against Wishaw - surely possible promotion and league deciders should have been put on a saturday and played the more local ties to each club mid week.  By the looks of the Roch's twitter last night they made two early subs in the game which presumably were injuries these midweek games travelling to the other side of the city will no doubt lead to injuries which probablly could have been avoided with proper time for warm up etc.

It does seem strange that a lot of the games involving the top 6 are midweek, when teams could be weakened by players having to work. It would surely make more sense where possible to play these games on a Saturday

Archived