Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

14 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

I've been to a number of Rossvale leagues games in the last couple of years at Petershill. Outside of friends and family there didn't seem to anybody else there. Makes you wonder how they paid for Bobby Petta. 

I think he only played one game maybe 2 ,best player they have had is Robbie Winters   

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they would have expected some of the locals to come to there games at huntershill but hasn't happened. They have a good set up with there younger teams always seem to do well but juniors not really taken off. A few commitee members and that's about it. Can't see them going on after this season as can't generate any money at a council facility. Shame but a lot of teams in same boat!

9 hours ago, Bobo1471 said:

I'm sure they would have expected some of the locals to come to there games at huntershill but hasn't happened. They have a good set up with there younger teams always seem to do well but juniors not really taken off. A few commitee members and that's about it. Can't see them going on after this season as can't generate any money at a council facility. Shame but a lot of teams in same boat!

If all visiting fans adopt the same attitude as the St Rochs fans who brazenly refused to give Rossvale any entrance fee to watch the game on Saturday, then they'll be lucky to survive this season never mind next.......

Didnt Rossvale sign a couple of first team regulars from Petershill in the summer so must have some cash

They signed a few players in the summer. Unsure of contract situation with players at their old clubs and what their current conditions and recompense are as it it not my business. Signing players does not always mean a club has cash to spare.

4 hours ago, jimmy mac said:

There was a good few of uz that paid 

3 hours ago, blue manalishi said:

I'm aware of that , but if you read my post again you'll see that I didn't accuse all roch fans of shafting Rossvale. 

You accused me.

Cost could be sorted by using the grading system used in senior football. Ie cost for officials would lower in division 2 than division 1. Availability is an issue but surely the governing bodies want young officials so should attempt to recruit more.

The issue would still be that even at the top end an assistant referee would be paid what? £25-30? Most kids/amateur leagues pay more than that so why would they not go an referee a game there?

7 hours ago, jaggyness said:

The issue would still be that even at the top end an assistant referee would be paid what? £25-30? Most kids/amateur leagues pay more than that so why would they not go an referee a game there?

In the West Premier & Div1 refs get £55 per game. Each assistant ref gets half that i.e. £27.50

In the district leagues it's £50 & £25

In the West Premier & Div1 refs get £55 per game. Each assistant ref gets half that i.e. £27.50

So my point stands, why would any ref go and be an assistant for less money than you can get for doing a kids game?

On 11 September 2017 at 18:11, blue manalishi said:

If all visiting fans adopt the same attitude as the St Rochs fans who brazenly refused to give Rossvale any entrance fee to watch the game on Saturday, then they'll be lucky to survive this season never mind next.......

You don't half hate St Roch's m8

Seriously, i'd seek help.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 21:08, archieb said:

If you can get two linos, apparently there is a shortage of them so Super Premier & Super 1st get priority. If we could get them, then we'd have linos at all our home games.

On 11/09/2017 at 02:10, Rochstar1920 said:

Their "ground" does not meet any of the sjfa ground criteria. And yes there are loads of grounds in junior football which don't meet these criteria but these are old grounds. The Rossvale committee, I think, should have been more involved (if at all) in the decision making at the planning stage of the new huntershill facility. I can understand them wanting back to their local community to gain more fans but they have left themselves open for any fans not paying the gate fee when they can just turn up and watch from outside. Fans in junior football deserve better than to be caged in with no proper access to facilities ie toilets and refreshments without having to hop the pitch barrier to walk round pitchside to get to them. If this does happen some match officials may see this as fan(s) attempting to enter the field of play and there club being subject to sanctions from the governing body.

What SJFA criteria does it not meet?

What SJFA criteria does it not meet?

Downloaded from sjfa.
GROUND CRITERIA GUIDELINES : SJFA
THE GROUND & ITS FACILITIES
PARKING FACILITIES
There must be safe parking for Match Officials, team coaches and any visiting
Officials. Clubs must have facilities to accommodate car and bus parking for
supporters.
BOUNDARY WALLS
The boundary wall and / or fence must be of sound solid construction, secure on all
sides and designed to obscure viewing from outside the ground. (Recommended
height of boundary structure is a minimum of 2 metres.)
THE GROUND
The club must have the sole use of the ground or shared use approved by the
SJFA and be in a position to establish security of tenure for the ground and to play
matches as and whenever required.
Each ground must be fully and securely enclosed. Where the ground forms part of a
sport complex, or otherwise, then the football facilities must be self contained on
match days.
The ground must be available for the club to play at home throughout the playing
season.
TURNSTILES
The ground must be serviced with more than one turnstile to provide a safe, secure
and, if necessary, a segregated controlled environment.

FROM INSIDE
SIGNAGE
The ground must have clear signage to aid the general public. All exit gates and
doors should be clearly identified.
THE FIELD AREA
The club is responsible for providing a properly maintained playing surface and a well
maintained ground.
The playing surface shall be constructed of natural grass, flat, level and well drained
or artificial surface approved by UEFA / FIFA and the SJFA.
The pitch dimensions must be in accordance with The Laws of The Game.
The SFA recommended best practice for an SFL 3rd Division club pitch is 105 x 68m.
However, failing that, the field should meet the minimum International Standard and
be within the range of 100 105m in length and 64 68 m in width.
Marking lines must be consistent throughout and a minimum of 50mm wide.
Goals must be constructed of tubular aluminium with a maximum cross-sectional
dimension of not less than 100mm or greater than 120mm in any direction. The
interior dimensions of the goal shall measure 7.32m x 2.44m. Nets shall be
suspended from the rear posts arranged at a minimum of 3 points behind the goals to
provide an even shape of the goal net. The goal posts shall be erected vertically on
all axis. The cross bar shall be level throughout its length.
SURROUNDING THE FIELD
Playing field area to be defined with a permanent and adequate perimeter pitch
protection system.
There must be protected access to the playing field for teams and match officials.
Peripheral tracks must be constructed of materials that are not harmful to players and
officials and the use of grass reinforcement agents that are capable of causing injury
or accident are not permitted. Similarly, materials which could corrupt the playing
surface by spreading onto it are not acceptable.
A distance of no less than 3m should be between playing surface and perimeter
fence. 1m of which should be a material consistent with playing surface.
Dug outs capable of holding no less than 10 at either side of the park, or if on the
same side at least 30m apart.
SPECTATOR AREAS
It must be possible for spectators to be accommodated either standing or seated
around the playing area. All standing areas to be hard and stepped to allow
unrestricted viewing.
A covered area is required within the ground, which will accommodate around 500
spectators either standing or seated or a combination of both.
Facilities to provide hospitality for visiting teams (players and officials) e.g.
Boardroom, etc.
Public toilet facilities, both male, female and disabled, and adequate catering facilities
must be provided for spectators.
DRESSING ROOMS
Players and Officials dressing rooms must be situated in an area designated as the
main stand or building. Separate dressing rooms must be provided for each team
and must each be capable of accommodating a minimum of 22 people, i.e. 22m2.
Each dressing room must have a shower area comprising at least six showerheads;
two WCs; two wash hand basins with hot and cold running water.
All dressing rooms must be heated, well ventilated, free from damp and secure.
Match Officials must have a dedicated separate dressing room sufficient for four
Officials, with two showerheads and WC facilities. It is unacceptable for Match
Officials to share a dressing room with anyone else, including Match Officials from
other games. A separate facility for female officials should be available.
DISABLED SUPPORTERS
Clubs must have a commitment to accommodate supporters with disabilities
securely, safely and comfortably. Clubs must demonstrate that consultation had
taken place with the local authority building officer in relation to the facilities available
within the ground and that these are to an acceptable standard and compliant with
Disability Discrimination Act requirements.
FLOODLIGHTING
Clubs should have a floodlighting facility with a minimum capacity of 400 Lux.
PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM
There should be a public address system installed with adequate speaker output to
relay information, particularly of an emergency nature, to all spectator areas.
· The club ground should provide supporters with a safe, secure and
comfortable environment in which to watch football.
· The club ground should provide players and Match Officials with a safe, secure
and comfortable environment in which to play and enjoy the game.

Archived