Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

9 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Honest question from someone who was not at the port v perthshire match and can't comment on what happened and what led to what happened, could this possibly lead to the use of linesmen in the lower divisions of junior football? What are other fans thoughts on this?

Think cost and the availability of assistant referees might be an issue. Personally i'm all for it.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think cost and the availability of assistant referees might be an issue. Personally i'm all for it.

Cost could be sorted by using the grading system used in senior football. Ie cost for officials would lower in division 2 than division 1. Availability is an issue but surely the governing bodies want young officials so should attempt to recruit more.

Right mate ive bit ma tounge here right what happened happened and its done and will be sorted out by relivent authorities n ats it but your attempt at petty point scoring talking utter shite about a man who i have no doubt u kno of his personal circumstances is bang out of order and you can take your pish back to your own wee PA15 town ya cretin too many clowns with to much to say hiding behind user names on here !! Why where u not watching the team from PA15 yday anyway ?? Your own teams at home but u prefer to spend your giro to come up watch us and shit stir haha well played 

90f2e9acacc3de3a3c9605ff6f78f2ba.jpg

23 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Some clubs would struggle with the extra costs involved.

Say ,for example clubs like Rossvale ,who have teething problems / vantage point issues with their new home ,where visiting fans through organised boycotts ,watch the game through a fence without contributing to much needed gate receipts & then come onto forums to brag about it & ridicule Rossvale for having no support & a sparse committee then use this as an excuse for depriving the hosts of a lousy fiver , which in my opinion is disgraceful behaviour to a fellow junior club. 

In saying that , it's none of my business what people do with they're hard earned cash blah blah blah etc....

Hopefully most away fans visiting Rossvale in the months ahead will pay to watch the games,  even if it means going to the other side of the notorious fence once they've paid in , so that they aren't looking at the back of someone's head or whatever the excuse was .....

Official linesman have to be paid. To deprive a relatively new junior club of 'bread & butter' gate receipts makes it even harder for clubs to afford the extra expense of official linesmen every other Saturday. 

Some clubs would struggle with the extra costs involved.

Say ,for example clubs like Rossvale ,who have teething problems / vantage point issues with their new home ,where visiting fans through organised boycotts ,watch the game through a fence without contributing to much needed gate receipts & then come onto forums to brag about it & ridicule Rossvale for having no support & a sparse committee then use this as an excuse for depriving the hosts of a lousy fiver , which in my opinion is disgraceful behaviour to a fellow junior club. 
In saying that , it's none of my business what people do with they're hard earned cash blah blah blah etc....
Hopefully most away fans visiting Rossvale in the months ahead will pay to watch the games,  even if it means going to the other side of the notorious fence once they've paid in , so that they aren't looking at the back of someone's head or whatever the excuse was .....
Official linesman have to be paid. To deprive a relatively new junior club of 'bread & butter' gate receipts makes it even harder for clubs to afford the extra expense of official linesmen every other Saturday. 

Their "ground" does not meet any of the sjfa ground criteria. And yes there are loads of grounds in junior football which don't meet these criteria but these are old grounds. The Rossvale committee, I think, should have been more involved (if at all) in the decision making at the planning stage of the new huntershill facility. I can understand them wanting back to their local community to gain more fans but they have left themselves open for any fans not paying the gate fee when they can just turn up and watch from outside. Fans in junior football deserve better than to be caged in with no proper access to facilities ie toilets and refreshments without having to hop the pitch barrier to walk round pitchside to get to them. If this does happen some match officials may see this as fan(s) attempting to enter the field of play and there club being subject to sanctions from the governing body.

By the looks of it Rossvale had zero input into the new council facility upgrade. 

Think a few punters on here could do with looking at the Rossvale website. A wee poor Junior club is pushing it. It's claiming 600 players young and old. Try putting a £5 a week from every player or more precise, the parents. Think there's serious money going through that set up. They'd Bobby Petta playing for them at one point ffs.

6 hours ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Cost could be sorted by using the grading system used in senior football. Ie cost for officials would lower in division 2 than division 1. Availability is an issue but surely the governing bodies want young officials so should attempt to recruit more.

I don't see a rush to volunteer to put yourself in danger of being punched by someone taking the game too seriously.

13 hours ago, Glenconner said:

By the looks of it Rossvale had zero input into the new council facility upgrade. 

Think a few punters on here could do with looking at the Rossvale website. A wee poor Junior club is pushing it. It's claiming 600 players young and old. Try putting a £5 a week from every player or more precise, the parents. Think there's serious money going through that set up. They'd Bobby Petta playing for them at one point ffs.

Are you seriously using this as an excuse to deliberately & premeditaly attend a junior football match with no intention of paying to watch?

17 minutes ago, blue manalishi said:

Are you seriously using this as an excuse to deliberately & premeditaly attend a junior football match with no intention of paying to watch?

I dare say he's simply replying to your inference that Rossvale would struggle to pay linesman, by suggesting that they have 'splashed the cash' in the past.

3 hours ago, blue manalishi said:

Afraid because of events outside my control i never made it until halftime.

1 minute ago, blue manalishi said:

At least you got value for money ,

oh wait a minute........

There's a cup final coming up next month, Clydebank v Pollok. Tell you what, i'll offer you a free Junior day out. Admission, programme and few haufs. 

Better that than sniping on a forum.

11 hours ago, Glenconner said:

I think you will find the Rossvale academy boy/girls teams have zero contributions to the Juniors set up 

its hard enough trying to keep individual age groups going never mind financing the juniors 

Only contribution the age groups will have is when nearing u19s or 21s and there may be a player or 2 that can step up .......that being said Rossvale u21s have been scrapped for this year so that's not even working out

I personally can only see the junior set up  folding ,hopefully I am wrong as it was good to see another junior outfit starting 

I do think some other teams have a thought that Rossvale have contributed to they funding/building of the new Huntershill set up......this is not the case and I think rossvale are a bit of an after thought as its a council run facility

As a parent who has had 2 of my kids go from under 7s all the way up to 21s its a credit to community but the juniors may be on way out especially if other teams are going to follow suit and boycott admission 

17 minutes ago, holsten said:

I think you will find the Rossvale academy boy/girls teams have zero contributions to the Juniors set up 

its hard enough trying to keep individual age groups going never mind financing the juniors 

Only contribution the age groups will have is when nearing u19s or 21s and there may be a player or 2 that can step up .......that being said Rossvale u21s have been scrapped for this year so that's not even working out

I personally can only see the junior set up  folding ,hopefully I am wrong as it was good to see another junior outfit starting 

I do think some other teams have a thought that Rossvale have contributed to they funding/building of the new Huntershill set up......this is not the case and I think rossvale are a bit of an after thought as its a council run facility

As a parent who has had 2 of my kids go from under 7s all the way up to 21s its a credit to community but the juniors may be on way out especially if other teams are going to follow suit and boycott admission 

I've been to a number of Rossvale leagues games in the last couple of years at Petershill. Outside of friends and family there didn't seem to anybody else there. Makes you wonder how they paid for Bobby Petta. 

Archived