Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

Looks like being a very competitive league again this season what's everyone's thoughts? 

I fancy shotts to win it as big Keiran has signed some good players. Hoping that thorniewood can continue the excellent form the showed at the end of the season and force our way into the promotion places.

teams I think will be there or thereabouts Wishaw rossvale yoker st rochs 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot comment as Larkhall are not in this wee league,only joking
I think it will be more competitive than last season and you have to fancy shotts but I think this could be the Candys year I know they have lost a few good players but will be strong,Wishaw I think will be better this year but good luck to everyone

On 17/07/2017 at 16:05, thelangonline said:

Big shout out to Neilston ground staff. Never seen the place look so good. Well done guys

Aye it was a great surface for a great end of season game that went right down to the wire!

Big shout out to Neilston ground staff. Never seen the place look so good. Well done guys

Was looking great on Saturday, even after the downpour. £1:50 a tennents, and a £1 a hauf made it aw the better

• 3 weeks later...

What's everybody's thoughts on how their own team will fair this year.

What other teams do you think are good value with the bookies

62ac14b62dd53a0a132ebaa08511cf0b.jpgf46116bc3794a8c7ace179165d976067.jpg

Forth have what looks like a decent squad this year so hopeful we will be top half.
Personally think Shotts should be favs and St Rochs up their challenging as well.

Right now, anything above dropping into Level 4 next season will be fine by me as then the club wont have regressed but I'd really like a tilt at the top of the table and the opportunity to challenge for getting into Level 2 for 18-19. I suspect the title is beyond the Bens but it would be great to get a bit of buzz around the club with a promotion push.

There will be four new leagues of 16 teams next season.

Top three from the Central 1st Division go into League 2 (The Championship)

The 9 teams in the middle go into League 3 (Division 1)

Bottom three go into League 4 (Division 2)

Wouldn't be shocked over time if the bottom league (Division 2) becomes a graveyard for Central League teams. That might be an attraction for some of them if there is only one or two trips to Ayrshire in a season.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived