I would do anything for love, but............

Romeo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I remember telling an ex girlfriend that I quite liked Sophie Ellis Bextor, can't remember the context.
Months pass and on my birthday she gets me 2 tickets to see Bextor in concert which was at the height of her fame and about £25 each.
Didn't have the heart to tell her I probably meant Bextor was an unconventional Wid and ended up sitting through a 2 hour concert of shite noughties pop :(

She knew fine that was what you meant and she thought, "aye, ye like Sophie Ellis Bextor do ye, let's see you listen to two hours of her singing." 

As Mr Loaf said "I would do anything for love but I won't do that".
So, a few months ago I saw that Mrs Romeo was looking at tickets for a concert but it was in Edinburgh so she said she was giving it a miss. Me being the most caring and romantic husband around decided to organise a wee surprise. I bought tickets for the gig at 9am on the morning they went on sale and booked a hotel for Mrs Romeo and her friend all in it was about £250.
Unfortunately Mrs Romeo's friend is on holiday tat the time of the gig and I hadn't check before hand. When Mrs Romeo found out she of course said "That's great, you can come with me", how could I say no?
So, the upshot is, Today am heading through to Edinburgh to see.......Wet, Wet, Wet on Edinburgh castle esplanade [emoji20]
The venue is unlicensed, so no bevy and extra security means the chances of smuggling in any decent quantity of booze is slim. I will also be missing our friendly with Olympique Lyonnais [emoji20]
Kill me now...... 
How far have you gone for your significant other, should I have told Mrs Romeo to do one?  

Ordinarily I'd feel extremely sorry for you in this situation and you'd have my complete sympathy. But given your use of the word "So" to start the story (and you've previous for that) my only thought is get it up ye ya c**t :P

Ordinarily I'd feel extremely sorry for you in this situation and you'd have my complete sympathy. But given your use of the word "So" to start the story (and you've previous for that) my only thought is get it up ye ya c**t [emoji14]

So, you can f**k right off.

Thought you would be saving yourself for when you and the wife get back from the concert and she can pretend you're Marti Pellow or the ginger one?

She likes to pretend I'm from Aberdeen and the concrete business. She loves a bit of ready mix

5 hours ago, Romeo said:

As Mr Loaf said "I would do anything for love but I won't do that".

So, a few months ago I saw that Mrs Romeo was looking at tickets for a concert but it was in Edinburgh so she said she was giving it a miss. Me being the most caring and romantic husband around decided to organise a wee surprise. I bought tickets for the gig at 9am on the morning they went on sale and booked a hotel for Mrs Romeo and her friend all in it was about £250.

Unfortunately Mrs Romeo's friend is on holiday tat the time of the gig and I hadn't check before hand. When Mrs Romeo found out she of course said "That's great, you can come with me", how could I say no?

So, the upshot is, Today am heading through to Edinburgh to see.......Wet, Wet, Wet on Edinburgh castle esplanade :(

The venue is unlicensed, so no bevy and extra security means the chances of smuggling in any decent quantity of booze is slim. I will also be missing our friendly with Olympique Lyonnais :(

Kill me now...... 

How far have you gone for your significant other, should I have told Mrs Romeo to do one?  

Aye am heading to the castle as well, just waiting for her to get her arse in gear and get ready. Bit of a pisser with nae drink license like. She has me one of those £1 ponchos in case it rains :lol: aye nae bother doll, I'd rather get soaked

Aye am heading to the castle as well, just waiting for her to get her arse in gear and get ready. Bit of a pisser with nae drink license like. She has me one of those £1 ponchos in case it rains :lol: aye nae bother doll, I'd rather get soaked

Whisky + hip flask = f**k the nae drink license!

What's this?

I can't even remember the context of the thread but someone was talking about discos (possibly in the horrible pictures thread) and I said something about still going to the unders in my 20s.

8Tony took this seriously and thought I'd outed myself as some kind of beast. He probably even bought a new phone so he could text himself about my illicit behaviour.

I can't even remember the context of the thread but someone was talking about discos (possibly in the horrible pictures thread) and I said something about still going to the unders in my 20s.

8Tony took this seriously and thought I'd outed myself as some kind of beast. He probably even bought a new phone so he could text himself about my illicit behaviour.

Sneaking into the underage disco > picking fecal matter from your rectum and throwing at someone.

Imo

Archived