Squad numbers

22 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Rovers, as stated above, sticking with squad numbers for this season, but appear to have decided against printing names.

This is the only major takeaway from the first ten minutes of the season.

Dunfermline had squad numbers but not names yesterday too. Not sure why tbh.

5 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Squad numbers look stupid, full stop.

Never quite understood this. I get the opposition to non-traditional numbers like 99 and 72, but squad numbers/names help supporters identify players, and adds a bit of personality which can surely only be a good thing.

The idea of wearing a top that's been passed round the dressing room doesn't really appeal either.

Never quite understood this. I get the opposition to non-traditional numbers like 99 and 72, but squad numbers/names help supporters identify players, and adds a bit of personality which can surely only be a good thing.
The idea of wearing a top that's been passed round the dressing room doesn't really appeal either.

Non-traditional numbers are pretty much anything above 18, depending on the competition and number of subs. 8 subs this year I believe, so 19 this season.

On 7/16/2017 at 16:54, Loonytoons said:

Non-traditional numbers are pretty much anything above 18, depending on the competition and number of subs. 8 subs this year I believe, so 19 this season.

although most clubs still ignore #13, so it'll probably be 1-20 for us this year? Hadn't heard about the change to 8 subs - oh well, just putting a strip on another youngster that GB will have no interest in fielding.

21 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

although most clubs still ignore #13, so it'll probably be 1-20 for us this year? Hadn't heard about the change to 8 subs - oh well, just putting a strip on another youngster that GB will have no interest in fielding.

I might be wrong with 8 Dee, it was something mentioned during one of the friendlies, so not from an official source.  Googling it comes up with 6.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

I might be wrong with 8 Dee, it was something mentioned during one of the friendlies, so not from an official source.  Googling it comes up with 6.

SPFL rules for this year still stating that on the team lines, "Clubs shall be entitled to specify up to 18 such Players on such form".  Doesn't look like anything is changing.

Mind you how accurate are the rules on the SPFL site...Love this section relating to the referee's match report... 

G42

Within two hours of the end of a League Match and a Play-Off Match, the Referee of that match shall send a Match Report by fax from the ground at which such
League Match or Play-Off Match was played to the Secretary and to the Scottish FA containing details of the result of the League Match or Play-Off Match, the participating Clubs' team lists, the substitutes used, cautions and orderings-off, if any, and the name of any scorers. The Referee shall also send a copy of such match Report by first class post to the Scottish FA and to the Secretary within three days of the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match.

Do we still have faxes in Scottish football? - Bl**dy footballing backwater!

On 14/07/2017 at 18:57, cowdenbeath said:

In League 1 and 2 its optional for clubs to have squad numbers and names on the shirts, just the Premiership and Championship that you have to have them.

We had both last season but are just going 1-11 this season.

Preparing for the Lowland League?

Archived