West Premier top 5

troonfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will wait to see how we perform as we have brought in a few new faces as well as a couple of well kent faces. Predictions are good fun but until the teams put some competitive matches behind them you can't really say how they will perform. It's really going to be a hard season for all the clubs as this is the strongest group of teams I have seen for a long time. Bring it on!

On 14/07/2017 at 20:19, rednblack said:

That's nonsense.

We have brought in some excellent young talented players and kept 12 from last season.

One of the players who left went off boil second half of season.

Another decent midfielder but more happy we kept the other two centre midfielders.

Kevin Green was brilliant for us but one player and we kept the rest of our starting defence.

We will cause a few shocks again make no mistake about it.

You should wind the other Arthurlie boy in a bit on here beat saltcoats in first friendly game and it's we are going to win a trophy this season according to him emoji28.png oh and try go a half of football without getting a man sent off.

Can see Beith / Glens /Pollok up there if Pollok aren't with cash spent then it's a massive failure.

Once again he has to have a dig st Pollok lol sad man 

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, archieb said:

You need to amend the last 3 columns of your table John, both for this season and the future

Yeh, but it's more likely to be a title change than an internal logic change at the moment, i.e. 'can't finish in bottom two' and 'confirmed finished in bottom two'. Could finish third bottom will remain as a curate's egg :)

• 2 weeks later...
We (Afton) are well in the mix. [emoji471]
Possibly Down to Talbot and ourselves. But Afton need to get the points first from their games in hand.
I don't doubt that Talbot and yourselves will be involved but how can you rule out the Buffs? They have still dropped less points than yourselves in three more games.

Any of the top 7 can still technically win but still think Buffs are strong favourites . Looking at us I would say we would basically need to win every game which probably ain’t gonna happen . Too many draws have cost us with at least 2 imo being points lost

After last weeks results I thought it was a two horse race, however with KR dropping more points I think it brings Beith back in to it, they  have 7 to play, 5 v bottom half sides and as an outsider Glenafton, who have a harder group of games left.

Every week its a changing picture, we are similar to Ladeside and feeling the pain of too many draws. 

This season we have been in the lead v Girvan, Beith, Ladeside twice, Glenafton twice and of those 6 games picked up 4/18 points. Four of which were at home. 

Archived