League Cup/Assorted nonsense games 14-15 July

vikingTON

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton now have all three first-team centre backs out injured for tomorrow's game at Motherwell, with Development Squad manager (but still okay Championship defender) Darren Barr and a central midfielder we've just signed today starting there tomorrow. We conceded two fairly shambolic goals midweek with a stronger defence and got hounded 6-0 on our last visit there. I'll be on Motherwell -1 now.

Just a small go on East Kilbride at home to Albion Rovers at 17/5 for me. EK gave Hamilton a decent game last weekend and drew in Dumfries midweek. Rovers drew at home to League Two Stenny. I think it should be much closer than those odds suggest.

6 hours ago, virginton said:

Morton now have all three first-team centre backs out injured for tomorrow's game at Motherwell, with Development Squad manager (but still okay Championship defender) Darren Barr and a central midfielder we've just signed today starting there tomorrow. We conceded two fairly shambolic goals midweek with a stronger defence and got hounded 6-0 on our last visit there. I'll be on Motherwell -1 now.

Good info. I thought Motherwell may have slightly too much for Morton anyway based on your two previous results in the competition. 1.60ish for the home win is reasonable.

The logic is infallible but if last Saturday is anything to go by then Morton will somehow manage to get dicked merely by a 1-0 scoreline.

I've taken Motherwell -2 at 18/5 though.

I've not been able to resist a small bet on Falkirk as well, really surprised to see Inverness at around evens given they drew with the Stirling team we horsed 4-1. I think we have a better side overall on paper and, while I appreciate it's away from home, I'd have the odds as pretty tight rather than us being 13/5.

1500742253427.jpg

Thistle are 4/7 at Airdrie on Tuesday, always a bit wary of going daft in the League Cup but having watched Thistle annihilate St Mirren yesterday and with Airdrie a well renowned shambles that looks a crazy price. Thistle will need to win to try to progress as well so can't see them taking their foot off the gas or taking the game lightly, handicaps could also be a good shout. If this was mid season I'd be baw deep.

Small stakes on EK at 13/2 because that's too long considering the teams would be in the same league if a penalty shootout had gone the other way against Cowdenbeath. EK have acquitted themselves fairly well in this competition too if you ignore yesterday.

I didn't even know they were a Finnish team, I went by the odds mostly and have been having luck with away teams that are below 2/1 of late! I'm not even watching the game just checking the score line.

Archived