Acid attacks

Acid is required for a number of industrial processes I think - there are reasons for having it for sale.  There are legitimate reasons to have hammers, carving knives etc but obviously if you are caught carrying them around in your coat pocket you can be arrested.

India has one of the highest rate of acid attacks in the world and they banned over-the-counter sales of acid, it hasn't helped.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brick acid is one readily available type that i can think of and can be used to clean mortar stains off windows etc. Not sure how bad it would be to throw in someones face compared to some of the victims i have seen but i can't imagine it would be too pleasant.

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Answer 1: Ask people to stop being so unpleasant and/or ban sales of acid.

Apparently the stuff being used is household cleaning products. Difficult to ban.

Pretty disgusting thing to do to a person, but as many have already said its nearly impossible to implement some kind of ban to counter this. Can't really look at educating people against doing such things because if someone is at the point they wanna attack someone like this they aren't gonna be talked down. I'd say propose really hard punishments against the attackers but i doubt that would do anything to dissuade anyone either.

Pretty difficult to stop people being c***s imo

Your car's a Rio and it isnae very good.
You'd get Lexis but you need the money for food...

Very good, but serious question, with nae money for food will he go hungry like the Wolf? I'll get me coat....

52 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Got car battery acid over my thumb and it was really manky. Wouldn't have wanted to take a load in the face

Reveal hidden contents

williams.jpg

Not had anything like that happen but ive had to remove batteries from a torch before after they ruptured and even just getting a little on your finger stings like a b*****d and to my knowledge the acid they use in most batteries is heavily watered down, so i cant imagine what it would be like to have concentrated stuff thrown at you, i can only imagine its like being set on fire

On 14/07/2017 at 17:35, Shandon Par said:

Got car battery acid over my thumb and it was really manky. Wouldn't have wanted to take a load in the face

Reveal hidden contents

williams.jpg

Aye right.

• 1 month later...

Used to work as an electroplater and had a few acid burns on my hand and arms. The pain it causes is immense. You can feel it burning through your flesh for hours. 

Attacking someone with acid is absolutely despicable behaviour and the punishments for it should be much harsher

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Some scumbag gangster threw acid in the face of the Scottish Sun's investigations editor a few weeks back, he got 15 years.

All Sun editors deserve at least 15 years.

Archived