Central Sectional League Cup 2017-18

archieb

What also makes me laugh is teams saying now the serious stuff starts Saturday as if your club taking part in a tournament means nothing and pointless. Most of these teams saying this would be shouting from rooftops if they got near winning it just saying like [emoji4]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the hypothetical situation where a Pollok team that has just put considerable investment into their side came to June 2018 with only the Sectional trophy in the cabinet their season would not be considered a successful one.

the reality of this competition is that it's number is up. Fans don't value it, and enough clubs treat it as a pre to full season transitional spell that it has no real prestige any more.

having said all that I actually enjoy the matches when I go to them. St Roch v Peasy was a nice wee local derby that won't happen as often when this goes, which is definitely a loss.

10 hours ago, JackD1908 said:

What's the best way to Forth on public transport for next weeks game?

Leave on the Monday

Train to Lanark, bus to Forth, but I dont know what time they stop running at, doubt if they still run late in the evening.

Public transport would be a no-go I think, plus Forth shut their gates at 9pm

19 hours ago, larkyforever said:

Leave on the Monday

Train to Lanark, bus to Forth, but I dont know what time they stop running at, doubt if they still run late in the evening.

Public transport would be a no-go I think, plus Forth shut their gates at 9pm

Buses from Forth to Lanark at 19.53, then 21.23, so your choice is either miss the last 25 minutes of the game or stay until the end and have over an hour to wait.

On 17/08/2017 at 13:33, tommyboy said:

It's also right next to a pretty decent chip shop in case Jack is going straight from work to the game. :)

Chippy is decent but I would recommend "The Pie and Bovril Lounge" at Forth's ground for all your catering needs.

Archived