Summerslam 2017: Aug 20th

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Apparently the Angle/Graves segments are leading to a possible Kurt Angle v AJ Styles at Summerslam.

Well that's that theory gone

13 minutes ago, forameus said:

Maybe AJ and his Soccer-mom haircut is Jordan's mother.  

Or maybe AJ will claim HE is the father, and it will be AJ vs Kurt for a custody of Jason match? Jason on a Pole Match?

I reckon the headline title matches for Summerslam are shaping up to be:

Universal Title - Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe vs Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

WWE Title - Jinder Mahal vs John Cena

US Title - AJ Styles vs Shinske Nakamura

IC Title - Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose

Raw Womens - Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks

SD Womens - Naomi vs Charlotte

Raw Tag - Sheamus/Cesaro vs Hardyz vs Revival

SD Tag - Usos vs New Day

Undercard

Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor

Big Cass vs Big Show

Randy Orton / Baron Corbin / Kevin Owens / Sami Zayn / Rusev - will be shoe horned into some sort of match

Not a bad looking lineup - the Universal, US and Raw Tag matches would be crackers

I reckon the headline title matches for Summerslam are shaping up to be:
Universal Title - Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe vs Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman
WWE Title - Jinder Mahal vs John Cena
US Title - AJ Styles vs Shinske Nakamura
IC Title - Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose
Raw Womens - Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks
SD Womens - Naomi vs Charlotte
Raw Tag - Sheamus/Cesaro vs Hardyz vs Revival
SD Tag - Usos vs New Day
Undercard
Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor
Big Cass vs Big Show
Randy Orton / Baron Corbin / Kevin Owens / Sami Zayn / Rusev - will be shoe horned into some sort of match

Not a bad looking lineup - the Universal, US and Raw Tag matches would be crackers

Is Rusev not currently battling with Cena? Will that be sorted at next ppv or possibly carried to sumerslam?

I can't see them doing Cena/Mahal now for some reason.  I think they could have easily hotshotted that feud in there for Battleground rather than have him in a nothing match with Rusev.  Unless they're purely going for the big moment with getting the record at Summerslam, but recent history suggests that Cena will put someone over (he hasn't won at SS since the Nexus).  Maybe they'll pull a big swerve and have Mahal beat him.  Certainly wouldn't do Big Match Jind any harm to have that, and I doubt it'd do Cena too much at this stage.  

Think we might see Cena face off against someone from RAW.  Would be pointless to describe him as a free agent then book him up for the next few months in purely Smackdown feuds.  Unless they're just covering bases.

15 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

So who does Jinder face at Summerslam then for the title? Surely not Orton again 

Perhaps he can beat Orton and still lose the title? Corbin still has the briefcase after all...

Seen a twitter rumour today

Mahal and Khali v Cena and Orton at summerslam

How fucking boring.

I assume Khali's mobility hasn't improved any considering his knees are fcuked - would be a train crash of a match.

22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What ever happened to great khali. Did he retire quite young, did injury force him out.
Would have loved to see him v Giant Gonzalez

Don't think he ever really had it.  His body is pretty much fucked as far as I'm aware, and late in his WWE run he could barely move.  I think he also steadfastly refused to learn the language, making him difficult to work with, and was a bit of a dick to boot.  

Still, gotta keep 'dem Indian's together.

19 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Should update the OP with the RAW title match btw.

Incidentally, that's going to be a fucking great match.

It will be.  Lesnar has put his best work into the multi-man matches (that Rumble triple threat especially) and I have no desire to see another match where he either squashes his opponent or comes out on top fairly easily.  Actually quite hard to call, particularly if Brock really isn't going to re-sign.  Do they keep it on him to WM and have him drop there or do they get rid here?  Any of the other three as Champion would lead to something better than what we have now.

Archived