LEAFA SAT LEAGUES

Cocoleafa

16 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

Anybody at the Carluke Hearts and Polbeth game? Not 100% up to speed with the likes of Polbeth or any other teams in their league, but is it surprising to see a new team from the Lanarkshire, in Carluke, come in and defeat a team so convincingly?

It might be the norm certainly but this is coming from someone exclusively exposed (perhaps ignorantly) to the Central and the Cale.

Word is Carluke almost folded during close season. Still struggling for players as well, so to defeat a team in such a manner is impressive.

You are right. Carluke Hearts did almost fold. Late joining the LEAFA a good few weeks behind other teams. They were held by the NSLAFA until such time the league folded. NSLAFA  had only 6 teams therefore not a viable league. I believe they tried on a few occasions to join the Caledonian League and were unsuccessful. Geographically they are situated closer to the Lothian s rather than traveling to the other side of Glasgow mid week

A great start for the Hearts who lost 7 first team players with the uncertainty they faced.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Cracking result for Sandys today expected a closer game to be honest.

So did I! 

We went in 1-0 up at half time in an even game. Sandy's came out second half a completely different side and equalised. We went up the park from kick off and won a penalty which was then saved and they broke up the park to make it 2-1 within 20 seconds! Unreal. We score the penalty we probably win the game. 

They got a massive lift from that and it sucked the life out us and we just never recovered and they deservedly won the game. They went down to 10 men and still looked the more dangerous team. 

Massive disappointment about our own performance but zero excuses, better team won on the day and they wanted it so much and done a brilliant job on us and never allowed us to get going. 

Showed my players where they need to be to compete in this league. 

You are right. Carluke Hearts did almost fold. Late joining the LEAFA a good few weeks behind other teams. They were held by the NSLAFA until such time the league folded. NSLAFA  had only 6 teams therefore not a viable league. I believe they tried on a few occasions to join the Caledonian League and were unsuccessful. Geographically they are situated closer to the Lothian s rather than traveling to the other side of Glasgow mid week
A great start for the Hearts who lost 7 first team players with the uncertainty they faced.

Somewhat shambolic the way the NSLAFA went about it. Not giving any teams a chance - but it's good to see that all bar one (Springhill?) being relocated in the larger, more demanding leagues.

Would like to see Carluke doing well in the Lothian league. Good start, would be nice to see it continue tonight against Murieston.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/08/2017 at 23:24, quickoverayard said:

Cracking result for Sandys today expected a closer game to be honest.

I see st bernards beat Sandys away on Saturday in the league and beat tollcross away the week before good results for them. Craigshill havny lost a game yet and play Sandys at home this week. Win that and league is more or less over already 

salvie will run away with prem2 aswell 

16 hours ago, LoveFitbaw said:

How are Craigshill looking this season? Not seen them yet. 

We were hugely unlucky against them through there, dominated the game and lost 2-1 they scored with literally the last kick of the ball. 

Still a very hard team to beat and have some quality players but in my opinion nowhere near as good as they have been the previous seasons.

18 hours ago, Thekeeper said:

I see st bernards beat Sandys away on Saturday in the league and beat tollcross away the week before good results for them. Craigshill havny lost a game yet and play Sandys at home this week. Win that and league is more or less over already 

salvie will run away with prem2 aswell 

3 wins in a row for us and in my opinion we have played the best 3 sides in the league away from home already and taken 6 points from 9 from those games. We have had the hardest run in so far so glad to have turned it around a bit and hopefully kick on from here. 

• 6 months later...

who do you think will win the prem1 and prem 2 now? No surprises craighsill top of 1 and I think Salvy will win 2 ahead of NCV. sandys and st Bernards playing well and on good runs but sandys Scottish cup run might give them a hard finish with games if they go through as they are in lots of other cups. craigshill miles better than st Bernards and will finish above them and just beat sandys

prem1 - 1 Craighsill 2 Sandys  3 st Bernards prem2 - salvy 2 NCV 3 ESV 

3 hours ago, Thekeeper said:

who do you think will win the prem1 and prem 2 now? No surprises craighsill top of 1 and I think Salvy will win 2 ahead of NCV. sandys and st Bernards playing well and on good runs but sandys Scottish cup run might give them a hard finish with games if they go through as they are in lots of other cups. craigshill miles better than st Bernards and will finish above them and just beat sandys

Wouldnt say Craigshill are miles better than them Sandys are a better side than Craigshill in my view and i would probably say right now St Bernards are aswell Sandys are flying atm still in alot of cups and the scottish they have signed very good players already so on form i would probably go for Sandys as the best LEAFA side atm but St Bernards wont be far behind them il tell you that depending how far Sandys go in the scottish they are defo in for retaining the league title but we will see what happens 

11 hours ago, Thekeeper said:

Weve (St Bernard’s)  already beaten Craigshill through there in a cup in january. They beat us in league but they still have to travel to play us in our home game. Wouldn’t say they’re miles ahead of us at all. No doubt they are a good team as are Sandy’s but a lot of games to be played yet with a couple twists and turns I suspect. 

We’ve squeezed in a couple midweek games to try and ease our fixture congestion towards end of the season and if we take full points wed/sat then we will be 2 ahead of Sandy’s and 2 behind Craighsill with same games played. We also have the East of Scotland semi final and 2 other semi finals to play for.  We are flying just now and won our last 9 in a row but we always will just take it 1 game at a time and see where it takes us come May. 

• 3 weeks later...

st bernards v craigshill the 2moro in league will be a good game and then sandys tollcross wed with the 4 best teams playing this week who do we think will come out best? sandys have the best squad and signed more brilliant players and st bs are in east final and craigshill top of the league so thats 3 great sides going for it

Ive got a funny feeling when Craigshill play Sandys Sandys will let them win depending on tonights results i reckon St Bernards will beat Craigshill tonight and i cant see Sandys doing St Bernards a favour by beating Craigshill and basically handing them the league St Bernards arent gona drop any points in there remaining fixtures and i agree Sandys have the best squad on paper but the leagues out of there hands and as i said ive a feeling Sandys will not do St Bernards a favour 

1 hour ago, FIFASplatter said:

Ive got a funny feeling when Craigshill play Sandys Sandys will let them win depending on tonights results i reckon St Bernards will beat Craigshill tonight and i cant see Sandys doing St Bernards a favour by beating Craigshill and basically handing them the league St Bernards arent gona drop any points in there remaining fixtures and i agree Sandys have the best squad on paper but the leagues out of there hands and as i said ive a feeling Sandys will not do St Bernards a favour 

Very hard game tonight and pitch isn’t what I’d have preferred but it’s gona take a big effort to win the game. 

Theres a rivalry between the clubs as far as football goes and also a great respect and it’s doinf the Sandys boys a big disrespect to suggest that I think. 

Tonight's  game is massive for the league but it won’t be won or lost on tonight’s result either, plenty left to play, 

Guarantee you one thing . Sandy's won't be lying down to no team . Imaging rolling over to craigshill then stBernards slip up last game of the season!!!  As dinsey said there will be a few twists and turns in the league yet .

3 hours ago, Bawsoot said:

Whit park in Muirhouse ?? there aw tattie parks doon there 

Used to be. Have a wee look through our twitter and see what we done with it. 

Doesnt look that wat tonight like haha 

Absolutely gutted tonight. 4-2 up and winning fair and square and the referee blows for full time. We start celebrating then he comes over and tells me he’s blown 3 minutes early due to lack of light and it will be going in his report.

League will then have to decide what happens. As far as I’m concerned the game was won fair and square and he’s blown early not our fault.

Archived