LEAFA SAT LEAGUES

Cocoleafa

Who do we all think will win Premier championship Lothian east and west on our first initial thought? I am going for Premier - Craigshill.   Championship ESV.

Lothian East  Portobello Thistle

Lothian West Edinburg Harps

tough leagues and don't know many teams in the west. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard in the top 2 leagues in LEAFA this year has got to be the best it's ever been, some really good sides attracting some really good players! 

We (St Bernard's)  hope to be up challenging for the Prem, we are assembling side we believe can do so and have added superbly as well as keeping every player we wanted to, but so are the rest of the teams so it's going to be very interesting. Craigshill due to previous years will start as the team to beat. 

Championship- Salvie for me, plenty of experience and solid all over the park. East of Scotland champions will be looking to build on that 

Lothian West - know nothing about many the teams but il go Fauldhouse based on how they done last season 

Lothian East - Meadowbank may take their winning mentality from the Sundays and pip Portobello. 

Intermediate- I expect a battle between Lauriston Thistle and Edinburgh star

• 3 weeks later...

Very 2 strong leagues in the Prem and champ. How have the teams being tipped to win them looked in preseason any impressing with there results?

what teams have added well and what teams have lost players? Any signings that stand out for teams? 

Agreed top 2 leagues strong. St Bernards have played both Salvie and ESV of the championship and beaten both, although either at full strength either were we and both comfortable wins. 

We have signed some quality players, not sure what many other teams around us have done but Craigshill and Sandy's will both be solid. 

Buzzing for our opener against Sandy's! 

5 hours ago, Thekeeper said:

Very 2 strong leagues in the Prem and champ. How have the teams being tipped to win them looked in preseason any impressing with there results?

what teams have added well and what teams have lost players? Any signings that stand out for teams? 

Sandys have improved alot only lost 1 or 2 players im hearing and added real quality beat Craigshill/Salvesen in the champions cup and had other good results St Bernards looking not bad either will be between Sandys and Craigshill i think for the league with St Bernards not far behind but wouldnt write them off however having seen all 3 teams this season Sandys have impressed me most but its only pre season and i wouldnt take anything from it atall going to be a very good premier! 

Championship i think il be going with Salvesen with ESV pushing them to it

33 minutes ago, FIFASplatter said:

Sandys have improved alot only lost 1 or 2 players im hearing and added real quality beat Craigshill/Salvesen in the champions cup and had other good results St Bernards looking not bad either will be between Sandys and Craigshill i think for the league with St Bernards not far behind but wouldnt write them off however having seen all 3 teams this season Sandys have impressed me most but its only pre season and i wouldnt take anything from it atall going to be a very good premier! 

Championship i think il be going with Salvesen with ESV pushing them to it

We play Sandy's first and Craigshill second so we will soon see how we fair in the top league. The players we have added to a squad that we never lost anyone from though, if we aren't challenging, il never get another job in football haha

Incidentally what game did you watch St Bernard's in? 

4 hours ago, Dinsey said:

We play Sandy's first and Craigshill second so we will soon see how we fair in the top league. The players we have added to a squad that we never lost anyone from though, if we aren't challenging, il never get another job in football haha

Incidentally what game did you watch St Bernard's in? 

I watched them v ESV tbh i expected a better game than i hoped for as ESV wernt all that dont know if St Bernards just made them look that way or there just talked about a bit much however easy win for St Bernards i also watched them v Salvesen aswell first half Salvy should have been 3-4 up but just never pulled the trigger quick enough second half they crumbled and St Bernards waltzd it second period number 15 was St Bernards best player seemed to cause Salvy lots of problems down the left wing as i said im just going by what ive seen impressed with Sandys Craigshill and St Bernards however another team that i watched against newcraighall were Meadowbank very good fancy them to stroll that league seen they pissed the sundays twice in a row they would give msot prem teams a run for there money defo a side to watch out for this season could upset some of the big teams in cups 

Caught a bit of the champions cup game with Sandy's and Tollcross it finished 3-1 for tollcross and I must say Sandy's looked really bad I don't know if they have players missing but tollcross where much better than them which was a surprise

1 hour ago, Thekeeper said:

Caught a bit of the champions cup game with Sandy's and Tollcross it finished 3-1 for tollcross and I must say Sandy's looked really bad I don't know if they have players missing but tollcross where much better than them which was a surprise

I watched whole game tollcross where very good, best passing team I have seen this pre season and I have watched most premier teams 

Prem - Tollcross 

Championship - salvie

Lothian East - meadowbank

Lothian West - Fauldhouse

Those teams will piss their leagues and cant see past any of them. Seen to many people talking about sandys, craigshill and St Bernards in the Prem but they're in for a huge shock when Tollcross come to play them as they showed sandys in the champions cup. I also fancy hermiston Vale to push salvie all the way as they were looking good when I seen them play. With meadowbank I'm just going by what everyone is saying with them as I haven't seen them play but I've heard a lot of people from Sundays say they're a decent outfit unless they've lost players? Don't know anything about the west so just went for fauldhouse lol

Score predictions for Saturdays games in leafa prem1?

barca Milton 1-3 Tollcross. I think Tollcross will be to good for Barca Milton going forward 

clermiston 0-3 Craigshill I hear clerri lost players so think they will struggle this season and Craigshill are a great side

Spartans 0-2 Danderhall from what I hear Spartans are a very poor side and will be the whipping boys again this season. Should never be in this league after winning 1 game all last season 

st Bernard's 1-3 Sandy's not seen much of st Bernard's but don't think they will be good enough to cope with Sandy's strength especially after losing last week they will want to defend there title 

fernieside 0-3 Linlithgow Linlithgow will be too strong for a poor fernie. There keeper walker could be the difference but just fancy Linlithgow to beat them by a few 

Anybody at the Carluke Hearts and Polbeth game? Not 100% up to speed with the likes of Polbeth or any other teams in their league, but is it surprising to see a new team from the Lanarkshire, in Carluke, come in and defeat a team so convincingly?

It might be the norm certainly but this is coming from someone exclusively exposed (perhaps ignorantly) to the Central and the Cale.

Word is Carluke almost folded during close season. Still struggling for players as well, so to defeat a team in such a manner is impressive.

Archived