LEAFA SAT LEAGUES

Cocoleafa

That's a crazy decision from the referee ! Game is more or less wrapped up and a great win to be celebrated . Of course craigshill will argue that they could have pulled a couple goals back and got a draw . Be interesting to see how this pans out ! 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Safc2017 said:

That's a crazy decision from the referee ! Game is more or less wrapped up and a great win to be celebrated . Of course craigshill will argue that they could have pulled a couple goals back and got a draw . Be interesting to see how this pans out ! 

Aye it’s not going to bode well for the league that’s for sure. 

Such a massive game too.

We just need to put it behind us and forget it until it’s dealt with, equally as important games coming up. 

I’ve just understood what’s happened. I was thinking a floodlight went out at first or something .......

For the sake of 3 minutes you’d have thought he would have let it run. That’s okay with like 25 minutes left to play.
What time was kick off?
Massive call in a massive game

15 minutes ago, TruthfulTam said:

I’ve just understood what’s happened. I was thinking a floodlight went out at first or something .......

For the sake of 3 minutes you’d have thought he would have let it run. That’s okay with like 25 minutes left to play.
What time was kick off?
Massive call in a massive game

Kick off was 6.30 as scheduled by LEAFA. 

It is what it is, we had the game won fair and square but if we are ordered to replay it, there’s no point greeting, we just need to make sure we win that. 

Kick off was 6.30 as scheduled by LEAFA. 
It is what it is, we had the game won fair and square but if we are ordered to replay it, there’s no point greeting, we just need to make sure we win that. 

Game would finish just after 8? Is a bit dark come 8 but surprised with 3 minutes left he called it, that’s shocking!

7 minutes ago, TruthfulTam said:

Game would finish just after 8? Is a bit dark come 8 but surprised with 3 minutes left he called it, that’s shocking!

Aye mate, I actually looked last night and sunset was 19.57, surely LEAFA know these things when scheduling games. 

Also you’re asking Craigshill to come through midweek, if they’re late then it’s a non starter right away. 

What a mess has been made of this. Two teams sitting joint top this was a huge game aswell. 

Aye mate, I actually looked last night and sunset was 19.57, surely LEAFA know these things when scheduling games. 
Also you’re asking Craigshill to come through midweek, if they’re late then it’s a non starter right away. 
What a mess has been made of this. Two teams sitting joint top this was a huge game aswell. 

Usually depends how the weather is during the day as well as to when it gets dark.

Can’t believe he left it until 3 minutes remaining to call it very poor if you ask me. Craigshill will be delighted

1 hour ago, TruthfulTam said:

Usually depends how the weather is during the day as well as to when it gets dark.

Can’t believe he left it until 3 minutes remaining to call it very poor if you ask me. Craigshill will be delighted

The last 3 minutes was no worse than the previous 10. With the game dead, he should have just seen it out and avoided this. 

Craighsill players were actually telling him just to blow full time as the game was won and everybody was freezing!!

Great result last nite for St Bernards against craigshill to only b spoiled by a  ref ...you will probably awready know the game will need to b replayed cause both halfs need to be of equal halfs use must be gutted 

27 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Great result last nite for St Bernards against craigshill to only b spoiled by a  ref ...you will probably awready know the game will need to b replayed cause both halfs need to be of equal halfs use must be gutted 

There was a massive sense of disappointment last night but now the mist has lifted, we just need to get the heads back on it and focus on the next game. 

We have proven we are more than capable of beating anyone and if we have to replay the game, so be it, we will. Last night wasn’t a fluke, we went into the game believing we could win the game and that will stay the same. 

The worst part is the league have allowed a situation like this to arise, it’s way too early yet to have games kick off at 6.30 and finish in good light. 

Don't catch many games in the east if I'm honest but looking through this thread and had to comment. This ref has had an absolute nightmare if it had been 30 minutes could have been justified but for the sake of 3 minutes the decision to blow early is absolutely scandalous. Will probs be replayed now but imo the result should stand. What a farce.

Ridiculous situation but the result will stand unless the league are totally incompetent. Yes the game has to be of equal lengths but that refers to the ref knowing in advance that the game isn't going to have time to finish, ie at the start of the game. He's made the decision as it's happened. A replay is the wrong decision as the fully correct outcome as per the laws of the game would be to play the game to it's natural conclusion. Getting amateur players back for a 3 minute game is totally a non-starter so therefore the only solution is the result to stand.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Ridiculous situation but the result will stand unless the league are totally incompetent. Yes the game has to be of equal lengths but that refers to the ref knowing in advance that the game isn't going to have time to finish, ie at the start of the game. He's made the decision as it's happened. A replay is the wrong decision as the fully correct outcome as per the laws of the game would be to play the game to it's natural conclusion. Getting amateur players back for a 3 minute game is totally a non-starter so therefore the only solution is the result to stand.

That seems too sensible to be applied here mate! We hope this is the view taken. 

Agree with what your saying but the law is there needs to b 2 equal halfs if there was any danger of the light deteriorating the ref should hav said before ko and both captains would need to have agreed to playing 40 mins each way ... game will 100 %get replayed unfortunately for St Bernards 

Agree with what your saying but the law is there needs to b 2 equal halfs if there was any danger of the light deteriorating the ref should hav said before ko and both captains would need to have agreed to playing 40 mins each way ... game will 100 %get replayed unfortunately for St Bernards 
Yeah I know the law and I know that's what should have happened but it clearly didn't. all that's happened is the referee has stopped the game early. The laws of the game clearly state that in this instance both clubs must be asked to complete the fixture from where it was halted at the earliest opportunity. This has happened at senior games in the past, some high profile ones. Being that it's amateur football I seriously doubt the league will ask 2 clubs to come play 3 minutes of football as getting the same 11 for each side on the park would be a logistical nightmare. The result should stand and if the league make any other decision (other than making them both play the 3mins) then it's wrong.

10 hours ago, tynie1874 said:

St.Bernards should request it, and reject a replay should it get asked. Which then puts pressure on the league to act to award the tie.

We won’t be requesting or rejecting anything. 

We will go with whatever LEAFA decide and just get on with it. 

Game was won fair and square but no point moaning about it. Just need to make sure we keep winning and are in the title race by the time any decision is made. 

We won’t be requesting or rejecting anything. 
We will go with whatever LEAFA decide and just get on with it. 
Game was won fair and square but no point moaning about it. Just need to make sure we keep winning and are in the title race by the time any decision is made. 

Tremendous attitude sir if only there was more people like yourself in the game these days.

I watched st bernards and then sandys tonite and sandys will win prem1 mark my words. 6-2 st bernards in legue vs mussy and sandys 9-2 in cup vs salvy. craigshill drop 2 points against bottom of league and I bet sandys will be the only team to win all there games left as there to good for teams now. does any1 have the table after tonites games?

Archived