Grounds 2017/2018 thread

theshed

Will never look or be quite the same again after the listed building on the hill was knocked down......!!!!

What are the kids going to use as goals now ?....

That wall is a bit bright, who painted that Haa Haa [emoji85] [emoji23]

Well done all concerned.

HTG!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a peach of a pitch if I do say so myself lol!!

Kilsyth is the most understated pitch in the west for me , ️lovely pitch and deserving of cup finals ......... But pollock get thum all of course ...

Linlithgow lead the way totally In the juniors for me , sauchie is very similar to Linlithgow too , pollock is a decent west alternative but the East are leading the way in the junior stadium criteria for me , Talbot decent as well but the big seating stand is an monstrosity compared to the east versions . Medda best ayrshire ground for me .

How many finals played at pollok last season?

One being pollok v cumnock in the west of Scotland cup final ( one more than Kilsyth ever get with their great pitch which was my point as they never get recognition )

The evening times cup final is more often than not played at pollok too but last season it was played at the new tinto park home if Benburb .

One being pollok v cumnock in the west of Scotland cup final ( one more than Kilsyth ever get with their great pitch which was my point as they never get recognition )

The evening times cup final is more often than not played at pollok too but last season it was played at the new tinto park home if Benburb .

It's highly unlikely they would get a junior final nowadays. A closer location to central Glasgow and bigger hospitality area count for more to the beaks than the pitch.

3 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

I was impressed by the set up at bonnyrigg last season when i visited there in the scottish , not so much with the weird slope on the park emoji12.png

I cant do anything about the slope but the actual playing surface is spot on, the players at Bonnyrigg love it.

I cant do anything about the slope but the actual playing surface is spot on, the players at Bonnyrigg love it.

Do u think it gives them an advantage am ?
As for not doing anything , didn't beith manage to make there's less of a slope by building it up a bit at one time ?

1 minute ago, kilsyth ranger said:

As for not doing anything , didn't beith manage to make there's less of a slope by building it up a bit at one time ?

They seem to do well at home but they do ok away as well so who knows but all players prefer their own park I suppose.

I meant me personally regards the slope, I'm sure something could be done but at great expense ?

We got rid of a bit of the slope a few years ago but still a fair slope on it but it's a wee bit of an advantage for us

We got rid of a bit of the slope a few years ago but still a fair slope on it but it's a wee bit of an advantage for us

What wid you rather ? Keep our grass park with the slope or hve a level astro pitch ? I wuid rather have our current slope and great surface rather than an artificial pitch .

What wid you rather ? Keep our grass park with the slope or hve a level astro pitch ? I wuid rather have our current slope and great surface rather than an artificial pitch .

That's you though a long term fan. What about management current and future players if they had a choice??

That's you though a long term fan. What about management current and future players if they had a choice??

I've honestly no idea to be honest regarding future players , I don't think our manager is a great fan of astro , I remember Bellsdale back in the 80s/90s when it had an even worse slope and the pitch was an absolute marsh , I know for a fact that our Manager dennis gray at that time got a few knock backs from prospective signings as they simply couldn't suffer playing on a bog that saw loads of postponements .

Nowadays? I don't really see top players knocking us back due to the slope I genuinely don't .

Archived