Sign in to follow this  
theProdigy

Wigtown

debian    8
12 hours ago, theProdigy said:

Anyone know what was said at the meeting??

It's for Wigtown / SoSFL to release details as/when seen fit.

LeedsPhil    71
On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:22, info said:

Have just found out South Cup rules state "Participation in the Challenge Cup shall be mandatory for all clubs in membership of the Southern Counties FA". so Wigtown and the Southern Counties will have to deal with that. 

South Region Challenge Cup fixtures of Saturday 16th September includes Wigtown & Bladnoch v Gala Fairydean Rovers, 3pm at Trammondford Park.

1 hour ago, LeedsPhil said:

South Region Challenge Cup fixtures of Saturday 16th September includes Wigtown & Bladnoch v Gala Fairydean Rovers, 3pm at Trammondford Park.

Seemingly Craig shingleston and scad mcadam are running the team that day to ensure the fixture is played as the Sfa will impose a fine if they can't fulfil the fixture. 

HibeeJibee    4,239

In case of any confusion, post LeedsPhil quotes refers to a different competition - the Southern Counties Cup (known colloquially in D&G as "the Challenge Cup"), which SCFA members have to play in i.e. Fleet Star putting together a stratch XI last year; and not the South Challenge Cup (officially the "SFA South Region Challenge Cup" but actually nothing to do with the SFA after its first 2 seasons) involving LL+EOSL+SOSL.

In the former Wigtown received a bye in R1 and should like Fleet enter as yet undrawn R2 on Saturday 20th January... In the latter they got drawn at home to Gala in R1 on Saturday 16th September.

Edited by HibeeJibee

19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

In case of any confusion, post LeedsPhil quotes refers to a different competition - the Southern Counties Cup (known colloquially in D&G as "the Challenge Cup"), which SCFA members have to play in i.e. Fleet Star putting together a stratch XI last year; and not the South Challenge Cup (officially the "SFA South Region Challenge Cup" but actually nothing to do with the SFA after its first 2 seasons) involving LL+EOSL+SOSL.

In the former Wigtown received a bye in R1 and should like Fleet enter as yet undrawn R2 on Saturday 20th January... In the latter they got drawn at home to Gala in R1 on Saturday 16th September.

Thanks for the clarification. I hope Craig and scad can draft in a good squad of boys. Both are well respected members of the town so I don't imagine it will be difficult for them to attract a decent team / squad for the day. 

LeedsPhil    71
9 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Thanks for the clarity HJ. All too much of a Challenge for my little brain. :1eye

So it's only the January one that W&B 'have to' find a scratch team for.

But it would of course be great to see them fulfilling the September one too.

LeedsPhil    71

Wigtown v Gala has disappeared off the SoSFL fixture page for Saturday 16th Sept (it's still on the EoSFL's fixture list though).

Have Wigtown decided to not bother, now that HJ has clarified that it's only the other Challenge Cup in which they're obliged to participate?

With it (probably) being the first Saturday of the Scotrail Club 50 autumn flat fare deal (£17 return anywhere in Scotland), I was seriously looking at trying to get to this one as a just-about-doable day trip from Aberdeenshire.