The BIG strip the titles thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing the QC has been too busy to post.

"The lengthy and detailed explanation of the SPFL legal advice (July 26th 2017) makes clear that this matter has now been thoroughly examined by some of Scotland’s keenest legal minds, and their opinion is that – given the rules which applied at that time - no additional sanctions could be retrospectively applied. Similar legal views have been obtained by the SFA. Both organisations have looked at the issue and at potential sanctions, and have received strong and clear legal advice"

You appeared to have missed out the part "and the SPFL" whom represent all 42 clubs" from your bile?

Not hibs clearly. Just remember, Rangers have been dead for 5 years, surley some of the anger has worn off by now?

15 minutes ago, McQuade said:

You appeared to have missed out the part "and the SPFL" whom represent all 42 clubs" from your bile?

Point out the bile, please.

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

This far into the post and you are wrong already.

Take it up with the BBC.  I simply quoted from there.

Not surprising that Petrie has bent over and taken Regan's length.

Petrie would rather work for the SFA than Hibs and he's biding his time and playing the company man until he gets the top job.

I, for one, will not be sorry to see him go.  The best thing he ever did for Hibs was to replace himself with Leanne Dempster.  Even then, he only did that when he was backed into a corner and he still slithered away into the background with a cushy number.

"Sporting integrity", indeed.

1 minute ago, Shades75 said:

Petrie would rather work for the SFA than Hibs and he's biding his time and playing the company man until he gets the top job.

I, for one, will not be sorry to see him go.  The best thing he ever did for Hibs was to replace himself with Leanne Dempster.  Even then, he only did that when he was backed into a corner and he still slithered away into the background with a cushy number.

He's following legal advice.

We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice. Or, we can focus on doing all we can to invest in the future of our Club and the wider game to improve our sport, and ensure there can be no repeat of the issues raised"

You really should be more upset at Celtic for having the audacity to speak for all 42 clubs....

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice. Or, we can focus on doing all we can to invest in the future of our Club and the wider game to improve our sport, and ensure there can be no repeat of the issues raised"

You really should be more upset at Celtic for having the audacity to speak for all 42 clubs....

Be quiet Bennett.

There's a good lad.

No voting, tory electing, *** loving hibs, damn you to hell. ;)

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Despicable stuff.

I'd have thought that a good way of ensuring "there can be no repeat of the issues raised" would be to not let such "issues" effectively go unpunished.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Despicable stuff.

I'd have thought that a good way of ensuring "there can be no repeat of the issues raised" would be to no let such "issues" effectively go unpunished.

You've not been paying attention, there can be no further punishment.

As the song says let it go....

I presume that Celtic have their own legal advice, and advice that doesn't say "f**k if this get reopened then we're really in the shitter."

Looking at the SFA corruption and complicity in Rangers' cheating is not reopening anything. But once exposed, then there really will be case for revisiting the title stripping argument. 

Celtic look set to take this all the way.  

ETA Good

Archived