The BIG strip the titles thread

18 minutes ago, scoobles said:

It's not just Celtic that want the review.
Fans from most clubs want it and very few care about retrospectively allocating titles or cups.
Seems only Rangers, their fans and the EBT abuser Stewart Milne are against it

Fans of most clubs are being told that they want another review.

The spfl have demanded another review on behalf of all 42 clubs, yes all 42 clubs.

This is Celtic stamping their feet because the LNS enquiry never went their way.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, scoobles said:

I haven't been told by anyone. I agree with the supporters trust and disagree with our chairman.
Maybe The Rangers DO want an investigation into Rangers (in liquidation)
That may actually clear the air somewhat

So what, exactly, do you want to be reviewed?  Why do you want said review and what outcome would you hope for?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

We've been investigated twice - by the SFA and the (then) SPL and in both cases found guilty and punished.  What, then, do you want reviewed?  The governing bodies for doing their job?  Us so that we can be found guiltier?

In fact, this whole review issue is about one thing only - the morbidly inadequate thinking we weren't punished enough.  Thus it's a witch hunt and should be eschewed by all reasonable-minded people.

You keep saying this as if you're playing some trump card.

Actually, I do want them found guiltier in that I don't this time want the scale of the offence diminished by any accompanying nonsense about no unfair sporting advantage.  Similarly, I don't want the ruling being made on the assumption that EBTs were operated properly, when the definitive ruling now says otherwise.

In short, I want the penalty to reflect that yes, they've been found guiltier.

There is nothing remotely wrong with that if justice is what you ultimately wish to see.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You keep saying this as if you're playing some trump card.

In short, I want the penalty to reflect that yes, they've been found guiltier.

I keep saying it because the mealy-mouthed dullards bang on about openness and transparency and justice.  We've had that through two enquiries but what they really want is us excoriated.  At least you're honest about it.

Think everyone but Sevco fans actually want a review into the old clubs trophies and titles but all to different scales.

If no review happens then I personally don't really give too much of a shite cause it'll not and has not affected my club directly down in L1, however I still really think it should happen. There'll also be fans that feel the same way as me for different reasons.

Then at the opposite end there'll be fans of clubs who see this as a massive issue and quite rightly so, their own clubs played in the same league as cheating Rangers and got put out of cups at the hands of them. I'd be pissed off too and determined to see them punished for it and not get away scot-free.

The fact the SFA seem to think they can sweep this under the carpet is genuinely mind blowing. They really are not fit for purpose at all. I have a feeling that if this was some other club (except from Celtic) that they would have no issue carrying out one.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think everyone but Sevco fans actually want a review into the old clubs trophies and titles but all to different scales.

If no review happens then I personally don't really give too much of a shite cause it'll not and has not affected my club directly down in L1, however I still really think it should happen. There'll also be fans that feel the same way as me for different reasons.

Then at the opposite end there'll be fans of clubs who see this as a massive issue and quite rightly so, their own clubs played in the same league as cheating Rangers and got put out of cups at the hands of them. I'd be pissed off too and determined to see them punished for it and not get away scot-free.

The fact the SFA seem to think they can sweep this under the carpet is genuinely mind blowing. They really are not fit for purpose at all. I have a feeling that if this was some other club (except from Celtic) that they would have no issue carrying out one.

It wasn't swept under the carpet tho, Celtic fans got exactly what they wanted but as usual they aren't satisfied.

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How can a matter that's been openly investigated with a guilty verdict handed out be described as "sweeping under the carpet"?

11 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Yes! There have been two enquiries, both by bodies just as guilty of inappropriate behaviour as the old club.

Have you reasons to doubt the impartiality of the independent LNS enquiry?

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Have you reasons to doubt the impartiality of the independent LNS enquiry?

Do you seriously have to ask that?

His judgement was based on imperfect information and that's all he could do in those circumstances.

Anyway, over & out. I'm not spending my time discussing this sh*te

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

It wasn't swept under the carpet tho, Celtic fans got exactly what they wanted but as usual they aren't satisfied.

A domestic treble and back to back Champions League qualification. Satisfied? I'm fucking delighted :thumsup2

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

The main reason I want an independent review is because people like Bennett and Kincardine are on the verge of tears because there might be one.

And neither of them bother their arse going to games. :lol: 

On 09/09/2017 at 11:40, Drew Brees said:

Celtic statement

IN the light of all information that has now become available, Celtic has been in correspondence with the Scottish Football Association in pursuit of the Club’s belief that an independent review should be commissioned to consider the events that led to the liquidation of Rangers Oldco and the governance issues arising from those events. This is exactly the same position as adopted by the SPFL board on behalf of all Scotland's 42 professional clubs.

The Club believes that such a review is essential if a line is to be drawn under this whole affair. On that basis, Scottish football could learn lessons and move on. The Club considers, however, that failure to carry out a full review of these events and issues, which have been without precedent in Scottish football, would represent a failure in transparency, accountability and leadership.

Celtic was, therefore, disappointed to note that the Scottish Football Association board has confirmed that it does not intend to commission such a review. Throughout these processes, Celtic's consistent objective has been to establish the full facts, which is surely the least that all stakeholders in Scottish football - including the supporters of all clubs - are entitled to, and to learn the appropriate lessons. That remains our position.

With the agreement of the Scottish FA, recent correspondence between the Club and the Scottish FA can be accessed using this

Going through the "exploring every reasonable option" process. I understand why Celtic don't really want to take the lead and turn this into a the Rangers V Celtic thing. But I also understand why they don't want Rangers and the SFA to get away with colluding, rule breaking and cheating. 

"Closure is a difficult thing for some people. I don’t ever think there will be truly closure on this issue. “It is too emotive and too many issues have arisen over the years. “All I can say is that we are acting on behalf of 108 members. I wrote to all of our members last week and invited them to discuss any aspect of my letter to them when we notified them of the board’s decision. “I haven’t had a single email, a single phone call or a single letter from anyone other than clearly Celtic Football Club and the SPFL. “So as far as the wider membership, 108 members, we are on the right track as far as those members are concerned"

Bbbbbbut.... Peter said.......

Lawwell seems to be the only one taking issue with the SFA's stance on a further enquiry:: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/41228081

"The head of the Scottish FA says only one club has indicated to them they want a review of Scottish football's handling of Rangers' EBT use.
SFA chief executive Stewart Regan says the organisation wrote to its 108 members explaining why they rejected the SPFL's review proposal.
Regan also said he is "happy to publish any information" relating to the issue.
"Apart from one [club] I haven't had a single phone call, email or letter on this subject," Regan said.

Hibs, no doubt to the delight of their fans on here, want to end this farrago of petulance: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41229974

"Scottish football is finally emerging from a period of significant turbulence, which has damaged the sport, into a much more exciting future. While we know this is a divisive issue that will never be resolved to the satisfaction of all supporters, we cannot allow it to divert us from the future or to keep us mired in the past"

Good statements both from the SFA and from Hibs.

Archived